Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 Discover University Expansion Pack - Orientation video

Comments

• Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,552 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    We have never had active classes in any Uni pack. Lectures, yes, classes, no. I don't know why players think that this would suddenly change after twenty years.
    Cos if they never ever changed anything we'd be still be playing sims 1 ;)
  • Options
    ToastieMooToastieMoo Posts: 16 Member
    It looks great- watched the live premiere and got so excited :D <3
    Origin ID: ToastieMoo
    Check out my stuff!
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Is it already known whether Sims can also use bicycles in other worlds?
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Busufu wrote: »

No word yet
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    We have never had active classes in any Uni pack. Lectures, yes, classes, no. I don't know why players think that this would suddenly change after twenty years.

I see your point, but when they do change it's meant to improve the game, not make it more boring. Just my opinion. There are MODS that make classes available I believe, so you're not without.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

I see your point, but when they do change it's meant to improve the game, not make it more boring. Just my opinion. There are MODS that make classes available I believe, so you're not without.

And there are people who don't want to or can't use mods. Like, say, console players.

What's boring for you might be interesting for someone else. I personally find active careers repetitive and boring but I know there are those who enjoy them. If we get active classes, they might be set up that way, with a series of tasks to complete during the class. Those who enjoy that process in active careers are likely to equally enjoy it in this pack with classes.
  • Options

And there are people who don't want to or can't use mods. Like, say, console players.

What's boring for you might be interesting for someone else. I personally find active careers repetitive and boring but I know there are those who enjoy them. If we get active classes, they might be set up that way, with a series of tasks to complete during the class. Those who enjoy that process in active careers are likely to equally enjoy it in this pack with classes.

Possibly.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member

we can't
  • Options
    SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,309 Member

we can't

Source?
  • Options

we can't

Source?

i don't know who said it. i got the news from just reading through posts.
  • Options
    jasy80jasy80 Posts: 19 New Member
    I will get it FOR THE SHOWER WOOHOO and the awesome dread haircut mhm~~~ plus I'm a University student myself haha
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,466 Member

we can't

Source?

I believe there hasn't been any official information on this yet. If it was a claim made by a forum member, it's not official and may not be true.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »

we can't

Source?

I believe there hasn't been any official information on this yet. If it was a claim made by a forum member, it's not official and may not be true.

i would love bikes. for everyone.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,466 Member

we can't

Source?

I think a lot of people would, and hopefully bikes can be used throughout other worlds. The thing is though, this is a pack about University, which means predominantly Young Adults. It's really not realistic for people to expect anything that caters to kids or toddlers. It's about college life so it just wouldn't make sense to budget gameplay for kids because that would water down the features that fit with the theme. But maybe there will be another family pack in the future if enough players want it.
    #Team Occult
  • Options

we can't

Source?

The guru tweet says that bikes will come in the Uni pack, not in the patch. That does not mean that bikes are limited to Britechester. This we do not yet know. The problem is players read a tweet and define it to fit what they want it to say and repeat that everywhere causing much confusion.

All the tweets are in the Guru Sourced Info by luthienrising who is going to great lengths to compile all of the info. It would be nice if people actually bothered to read through it and get the correct info instead of trusting people with agendas.
  • Options

we can't

Source?

The guru tweet says that bikes will come in the Uni pack, not in the patch. That does not mean that bikes are limited to Britechester. This we do not yet know. The problem is players read a tweet and define it to fit what they want it to say and repeat that everywhere causing much confusion.

All the tweets are in the Guru Sourced Info by luthienrising who is going to great lengths to compile all of the info. It would be nice if people actually bothered to read through it and get the correct info instead of trusting people with agendas.

the reason i hope its part of the patch is i don't know if i can get uni right away.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

Yeah I agree with this. I hope there are just some active lectures/activities pertaining to a good amount of whatever classes. For example, maybe on a Tuesday your Art degree sim has to go and do a "paint landscape" group assignment on some part of campus. Or another example is maybe your sim has a group project due on Friday and you have to actively go and meet a group somewhere and perform various activities. However, I have no problem with the actual "class time" being a rabbit hole as long as there are a multitude of new interactions and outside work we can visually see and help our sim do. I pray it is more variety than The Sims 2 homework/assignments where you literally had to watch them write in their blue paper forever and ever repeatedly. That is what really bored me about Sims 2's version. I had more fun with Sims 3's version for sure.
  • Options

we can't

Source?

I think a lot of people would, and hopefully bikes can be used throughout other worlds. The thing is though, this is a pack about University, which means predominantly Young Adults. It's really not realistic for people to expect anything that caters to kids or toddlers. It's about college life so it just wouldn't make sense to budget gameplay for kids because that would water down the features that fit with the theme. But maybe there will be another family pack in the future if enough players want it.

didn't sims3 have kids bikes? not arguing i actually agree but my sims3 game is almost impossible to play so can't remember.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

we can't

Source?

didn't sims3 have kids bikes? not arguing i actually agree but my sims3 game is almost impossible to play so can't remember.
    Yes kids did, I think it was shown in the intro that played when ever TS3 started up...don’t remember though, haven’t seen that in years
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,398 Member
    Wrenry wrote: »
    The flying box near the end has me very intrigued. A type of Servo or fancy back pack.

If you're talking about the one that looks like a vacuum cleaner, there is a bow tie symbol on the front of it. Could be a butlerbot.

I think it's a new stereo that can hover in the air.
  • Options
    Camkat wrote: »
    They definitely caught my attention with the engineering and the robots. I need a lot more information still though. I'd like access to those robots without having to be at or attended university. It would go well with my mad scientist sims.

Even though they don't say I think they may be in Buydebug. Frost says you have to build them to have one.
  • Options
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    Hmm Boston University....
    Also... looks like they might have made a friend for the talking toilet.
    That water cooler rocks

I didn't see a water cooler. Is there a picture?
  • Options
    I wonder if we can make our own dorms? Now that would be good for making apartments for scratch. B) If I pre order from origins will the money be taken out of my account there and then or will it come out on day the pack comes out? Thanks.

If you use EA Wallet with Origin it will be deducted as soon as you preorder.
  • Options
    The flying box near the end has me very intrigued. A type of Servo or fancy back pack.

If you're talking about the one that looks like a vacuum cleaner, there is a bow tie symbol on the front of it. Could be a butlerbot.

Then why does it have a bow tie on the front and I've never seen music waves coming out of it, Just hovering and confetti.
  • Options

Then why does it have a bow tie on the front and I've never seen music waves coming out of it, Just hovering and confetti.

I could have sworn I saw musical notes coming out of it in the trailer.