Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pet Adoption Stuck......

I've got a big problem with my game.
I recently adopted a dog from the pet adoption service yet it never showed up. Now, 4 days later, it still hasn't arrived and I can't cancel the adoption or Edit Town.

I've tried everything I can think of like resetting the neighbourhood, force NPC to appear and reloading the game yet nothing seems to work.

I'm getting very frustrated with it so if anyone has any ideas on how to fix the problem please let me know!!!

Thanks,
From Sonia.

Comments

• Options
    Soccer_girl14Soccer_girl14 Posts: 3
    edited November 2011
    I would also LOVE the answer to this question... I am having the exact same problem. My sim adopted a dog and it said that the social worker would be coming over soon but it had to be cleaned up... its been 7 sim days now and still no sign of my puppy... I have tried resetting every sim in the household but I am still unable to edit town or adopt another pet
  • Options
    smileyface24smileyface24 Posts: 1
    edited December 2011
    I'm having the same problem!! There should be a solution or they should make a "cancel adoption" command
  • Options
    JengajengsJengajengs Posts: 4
    edited December 2011
    Hey, has anyone been able to find a solution to this problem? The same thing has happened to me. I adopted a puppy via the computer and got the "Your pet is being cleaned up" message and it has been about 10 sim days and....nothing. This is stopping me from being able to move, swap active households, edit town etc, which has basically rendered the game not worth playing.

Please...anybody? :?
  • Options
    FayemoFayemo Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    I'm having the same problem. I've lost count on the number of days that have passed since calling the adoption service. I even tried killing the Sim, but Grim Reaper never came. I'm stuck forever in this house with a dead sim.

EA need to sort this problem out - my game isn't worth playing if this keeps happening. I hope someone comes up with a solution for this soon.
  • Options
    MissViciousMissVicious Posts: 53
    edited January 2012
    i havent had this problem, but ive had some problems and it seems the only way i can fix it is to move out. i know you said edit town doesnt work but can you use a computer or phone to move? or maybe just travel if you have world adventures, that way it has to reload everything. not sure, just a thought.
  • Options
    FayemoFayemo Posts: 4
    edited January 2012
    Me again, I've found some kind of solution.

I only just started having this problem (not being able to edit town/move etc after attempting to adopt a pet via the phone).
    After trying everything, including trying to kill and reset sims, quit the game etc, the only way I could carry on with my game without losing any of the neighborhood was to use the cheat "moveobjects on" and delete the Sims in the household. The house then becomes inactive and you are able to click on Edit Town. I just decided to leave that family and play with a previous one in that neighborhood.
    This may only help some of you. I realise some might have only just started the game, leaving you with no other families to play on.
    I've literally only just done this so for now I don't really have many answers other than this. Hope this helps anyway.

Also, EA are useless for answering questions.
  • Options
    kaybay23kaybay23 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited February 2012
    im having the same problem. unfortunately, i didn't realize it until after i saved my game. please, if anyone has any solution that doesnt involve killing off my entire sim family, id be so appreciative!
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited February 2012
    If anyone is willing to try a mod, Overwatch might be able to help. It does have a pet adoption option but I'm not sure if it cleans the current ones up or not.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    k2m1took2m1too Posts: 3,128 Member
    edited February 2012
    crinrict wrote:
    If anyone is willing to try a mod, Overwatch might be able to help. It does have a pet adoption option but I'm not sure if it cleans the current ones up or not.

I'll give it a try. I have overwatch already installed.

EDIT: Okay, I see the option you are talking about and I set it to 'true'. Doesn't seem to do anything and the option isn't listed under 'immediate'. It doesn't appear to have done anything.

Then I tried the 'Cleanup Sitations' option, and the 'Stuck check'. Neither fixed

As another option, I tried MasterController's 'Reset Lot'. That reset all of the sims on the lot, but my pet adoption is still stuck.

EDIT #2: Okay much weirdness. I just went to the main menu without saving, then reloaded my game. The adoption is gone and my game is back to normal. Now, I know that my saved game had the stuck adoption in it because I saved several times after I made the adoption that got stuck. Anyway.. Don't know how it got unstuck, but I'm not going to look a Sim-Horse in the mouth.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Glad you got it fixed, whatever way.

Maybe it took a restart to fix it after everything you've tried.

Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    kaybay23kaybay23 Posts: 40 New Member
    edited February 2012
    k2m1too wrote:
    crinrict wrote:

I'll give it a try. I have overwatch already installed.

EDIT: Okay, I see the option you are talking about and I set it to 'true'. Doesn't seem to do anything and the option isn't listed under 'immediate'. It doesn't appear to have done anything.

Then I tried the 'Cleanup Sitations' option, and the 'Stuck check'. Neither fixed

As another option, I tried MasterController's 'Reset Lot'. That reset all of the sims on the lot, but my pet adoption is still stuck.

EDIT #2: Okay much weirdness. I just went to the main menu without saving, then reloaded my game. The adoption is gone and my game is back to normal. Now, I know that my saved game had the stuck adoption in it because I saved several times after I made the adoption that got stuck. Anyway.. Don't know how it got unstuck, but I'm not going to look a Sim-Horse in the mouth.

unbelievable! your edit #2 fix worked for me! i actually had to reload the game from the main menu twice to reset the lot before the pet adoption became 'unstuck'. What is interesting is the social worker showed up right after the lot reset and was stuck, hanging out right outside my house. i couldn't interact with her whatsovever so i did a reset sim and she left. the only thing that didn't make sense was the pet was no where to be found even though the pet adoption was no longer stuck. I quit the game, came back later and loaded the saved game - funny, the missing pet was there in the saved game image of my family. Once the game, loaded, the pet was still not there...finally, i went to edit town to split up my household and was able to move the 'invisible' pet from my house to another house. problem solved. :):):)

THANKS!!!!
  • Options
    chocogirlschocogirls Posts: 6 New Member
    edited March 2012
    I have a different problem with pet adoption :( my neighbour pet had foals & the foals grew up and died, but when I go onto map mode the icon to adopt a pet is still there, anyone got help 4 me??? :?:
  • Options
    tamaranicole20tamaranicole20 Posts: 1
    edited May 2012
    I'm having the problem with adopting animals too. How do I download the mod overwatch?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    ukpoppyberryukpoppyberry Posts: 93 Member
    edited May 2013
    Tried everything, then noticed a guy with a big blue van was hanging around not far from the house, could only click on him and take a picture together, that got him to the house, where I deleted him, all of a sudden problem solved, I could now edit neighbourhood, phew, I did not want to lose that sim, I just got her through 6 degrees at uni!
  • Options
    HanaBurgeHanaBurge Posts: 1
    edited February 2014
    i had this problem after my pet had arrived and several sim days later couldn't work out why the social worker was still on their way after my pet had arrived.
    i tried the going back to main menu fix 9 times without success. i'd rather not be able to travel than delete my game and my sims.
    i had a look along the roads around my house and quite a way down the road there was this random chap stood next to a car which i couldn't interact with so i used the "TestingCheatsEnabled True" and held down ctrl & shift together, clicked on him, "object", "delete". now he's gone and i can travel again!
  • Options
    blombesieblombesie Posts: 9
    edited June 2014
    Thank you, Hanaburge! I had the same problem, but after deleting the sim that I couldn't interact with (stood next to a car, and she was just at the next lot for me) the game (traveling, moving, adopting) worked again!
  • Options
    ShoWhateverShoWhatever Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I am well aware I am almost a decade late to the original question, but a simple way of being able to adopt again is open the Cheat Console via ctrl + shift + c (as you probably know), and write "resetSim (firstname) (lastname)". The person you want to reset is the creeper of an adoption service person who's standing in your driveway, and after doing that you should be good :) (My adoption service person was called Clarence Stacy, but it's probably different from person to person)

I encountered this issue while going back and playing The Sims 3, and came across this post which helped me find a solution. If anyone sees this, have fun on your Sims adventures! :D
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    It's awesome you wanted to drop in what worked for you! I'm sure others may find it helpful. As pointed out though this thread is pretty old so I'm going to go ahead and close this off. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top