Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Random fights

So today my sim was in her home, minding her own business, had just made dinner and was ready to eat. She just stood there for a good while with the plate, then she put it away and acted like she was in a fight. Outside I saw Dirk Dreamer (or whatever his name is, the celebrity with the afro hair) doing the same thing, and when it stopped my sim had a confident moodlet for winning a fight. She doesn't have the "everybody hates you" curse, and the two haven't even introduced! Naturally, during the following days I got text after text about how I've been misbehaving, blah blah blah, which was not good for her reputation.

Same thing happened some time later, with another total stranger, right after she came home with her newborn child.

Anyone else experienced this?

Before anyone asks, yes I have a couple of mods, but this never happened until today.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Do you have the Seasons EP? If you do there is a day called Brawl Day, and this day is a day that sims will get into "friendly" fights. There will not be a negative hit on the relationship either.

• Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    Do you have the Seasons EP? If you do there is a day called Brawl Day, and this day is a day that sims will get into "friendly" fights. There will not be a negative hit on the relationship either.

I do, but it wasn't brawl day, otherwise it would've made perfect sense. I assume it was just a glitch, a most peculiar one at that.
  • Options
    noodlemamanoodlemama Posts: 37 Member
    I don't know if I've had random fights but I've definitely had random mean and mischief interactions even when my sims don't have any traits that would encourage that! I'm always like wat r u doing stop pls
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2019
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »

I started this new save up the other day, set some families up and in one of those i saw a dozen fights within hours and most of them were done by Hugo Villareal or Sofia Bjergsen. These were not within brawl day, they just happened and there was no explaination for why though. But then again this game has the nasty habit of triggering mischief interactions between family members for no reason and even less when context points to a great relationship full of respect. so they take a hit in their relationship when they are done pushing each other.

It might be yet another autonomy action where it becomes a priority where it isn't wanted or needed.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I never saw this in my game. I've seen a lot of smaller changes over the past few weeks, so maybe I just did not get to the random fight through walls by sims who never actually met ;)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    edited October 2019
    So they weren't even near each other? You should have taken pictures.
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited October 2019
    If it happened in Windenburg, then it is this weird feature that the developers added: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897584/brawling-in-windenburg#latest where sims in Windendburg brawl with each other for no reason.
  • Options
    klestrellaklestrella Posts: 440 Member
    edited October 2019
    I was about to ask if it happened in Windenburg for the very reason @logion mentioned. I play in Windenburg almost exclusively and it happens all. the. time there! I once had a Sim come home from work and get attacked before he even set foot inside, I've seen little brawls right at the edge of my sims' home lot, Vlad beating down a random townie, and I've even seen children initiate fights with adults. Honestly, I've lost count of the number of fights I've seen break out there. I saw a child initiate a fight with his mother near the chess tables the other day and now they hate each other...so there's that. :disappointed: I think the idea of the "feature", albeit occasionally annoying, is to imply that parts of Windenburg are seedier than others.

I've never had a random sim enter my sims' house and fight them, though. That's pretty strange. If you are playing in Windenburg, I suggest locking the doors for only your household and keeping your sims from remaining off the boundary of their lot for too long. As long as I keep my sims on their lot, I haven't had a townie initiate a fight with them. If neither of those suggestions work and you notice your sim standing idly as if waiting for another sim to interact with, resetting them should stop the fight before it happens.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    logion wrote: »
    If it happened in Windenburg, then it is this weird feature that the developers added: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/897584/brawling-in-windenburg#latest where sims in Windendburg brawl with each other for no reason.

That is strange indeed. My sim does live in Windenburg, seems like that bug has been known for quite some time, but I've had sims living in Windenburg before, and this never happened to me until recently. Perhaps it depends on which house you live in, my current sim lives in a different house than the one I normally have them move into.