March 29th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brawling in Windenburg

Forest_NinjaForest_Ninja Posts: 1,181 Member
This can be tested easily, and again, I've sent my sims into a public area within Windenburg which is outside of lot boundaries. I've seen this happen during the day, however it appears to happen most frequently during the evening when there are more walk-bys. The sims stand and chat for about one sim hour before three sims follow and begin assaulting them without warning, while having a situation job assignment which is defined as "openStreets_Europe_brawl":

These sims were walking toward this location and the assailant followed them to initiate the 'brawl' - I didn't notice her approach and the fight surprised me. The attacker in this image is Elsa Bjergsen and none of these sims are members of clubs or active careers.
European_Brawl_01.jpg

Here is the list of sims which have been assigned the openStreets_Europe_brawl situation job...

European_Brawl_02.jpg

European_Brawl_03.jpg

European_Brawl_04.jpg

The brawl situation is defined as "situation_autonomous_OpenStreet_brawl" and you'll notice that the moodlet applied when sims are added to the situation is buff_NPC_VeryAngry. They'll head straight for your active sims and immediately assault them even while they're engaged in other activities, then follow and assault them again.

Here is the situation type and default job for Elsa's instance of situation_autonomous_OpenStreet_brawl:

European_Brawl_05_Elsa_Bjergsen.jpg

Type ID 122806 can be found in the SITUATION resource list:

SITUATION Resource 360: '00000000!00000000'0001dfb6.fbc3aeeb' Definition ID = '0x000000000001dfb6' Integer ID: 122806 Tuned Instance: <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.situation_autonomous_OpenStreet_brawl'>

SITUATION_JOB Resource 370: '00000000!00000000'0001dfb8.9c07855f' Definition ID = '0x000000000001dfb8' Integer ID: 122808 Tuned Instance: <class 'sims4.tuning.instances.jobs_openStreets_Europe_brawl'>

This isn't any mystery. B)
"Video gaming began as an engineer's hobby and a means of creative expression for those of higher technical inclination. It is expected that those who are capable of higher engineering-related achievements will see value, in electronic entertainment products, where others see failure." -Sasquatch
Post edited by SimStaffBethelle on

Comments

• NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    It's also not a bug. :)
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Kay8OrangeKay8Orange Posts: 291 Member
    This is news to me. I don't make my sims go to Widenburg very often to rarely at all and I've never seen this happen. Why are sims attacking other sims in Widenburg?
    This is news to me. I don't make my sims go to Widenburg very often to rarely at all and I've never seen this happen. Why are sims attacking other sims in Widenburg?

Been in the pack since release. It's just a random quirk of the game.

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • GardeningGardening Posts: 207 Member
    I hardely go to windenburg the boring part is weird stuff like this never happends its just like real life nothing weird
  • rosehrtgirlrosehrtgirl Posts: 252 Member
    Yes I've seen this, it was quite entertaining. No I don't think it is a bug either, just part of the game that only happens in Windenburg though I love to see it in other hoods. I saw a kid attack a adult once while in Windenburg.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    So this sort of thing is happening?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFiN7Zsz2zM

Awesome.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
    @Movotti :joy: You've just given me an awesome idea for a new club.

• MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    @Movotti :joy: You've just given me an awesome idea for a new club.

I'm tempted to do the same.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

Awesome.

That's hilarious!
    I thought this topic had been closed? ... oh, that was the other one.
    MLgj4Vx.png
    We've been managing to sneak under the radar with this one @February11 ;)

• Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited August 2016
    Movotti wrote: »

Awesome.
    :joy:

so that was the inspiration, heh ?

the devs could have add the Mrs Crumplebottom club to it, that would have been funny
    as it is now, what @Forest_Ninja describes doesn't come as funny, but at least annoying

would we have at least actual control over those NPCs, then we could form a Mrs Crumplebottom club for them,
    but again, a mod would be needed for that & probably would be broken after the next update anyway :tongue:

i find it also very interesting that "buff_NPC_VeryAngry",
    i hate those NPC spawned buffs, since this is all what "emotions" are, completely senseless with no connection to anything,
    it's injected by random code purely for entertainment to otherwise bland nothing of a gameplay :tongue:
    what game ideas those are ? this is so far off anything simulational :cookie:

edit
    & that oblivious grin in the first picture, so unaware about anything happening at all, a paragon of plum :weary:

i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,609 Member
    NZsimm3r wrote: »
    We've been managing to sneak under the radar with this one @February11 ;)

:D
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member

It's like when a load of Brits get drunk in Magaluf - fighting occurs. Makes me embarrassed to be British tbh.
    Gallery ID: babysquare