Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is wrong with the freelancer career?

LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
I sign up for a gig (I'm doing the electrified artist branch) and my tasks are there but I do them and it doesnt register that I completed them. It doesnt matter what task it is. Chat, study reference materials, paint portrait on sketchpad. Doesnt acknowledge I do it and I dont get paid.

Quick Google search of this issue and you'll see posts from this forum from all the way back in April with the same problem. Has this career really been bugged for 6 months?

No mods or CC.
LR3g0ni.jpg

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited September 2019
    I last used the artist freelancer career about a month ago and it worked fine for me.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I think it was bugged at first when it initially came out and it got bugged again with the latest patch a couple weeks ago. It was working perfectly fine until September patch from my understanding. I hadn’t played my freelancer sims in a while but when I last did they all worked perfectly. Hoping the fix it in October because I like the freelance careers a lot so it’s unfortunate they aren’t working well.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    its a known bug its been reported
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    It is happening to me where everything will get done, checked off, but the gig remains and my sims doesn't get paid. Frustrating.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I had a sim in the Freelancer career yesterday and it was working just fine. It was a different branch though, so maybe it's just the Electrified Artists? Try repairing your game, if it still happens check EA Help.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,675 Member
    I used this career a week ago, had no problems. She even completed 3 gigs in a half day.

I discovered something that might help though; My sim had already a painting done in the matching category in her inventory, so instead of creating a new, she sold the old one. Customer accepted, but she was not paid. She then created a new work, and even if she kept it in her inventory she was then paid. So... if your sim has old works in inventory, this routine might get broken if you send the wrong item to the customer. Might be smart cleaning up inventory before starting the day.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    I sign up for a gig (I'm doing the electrified artist branch) and my tasks are there but I do them and it doesnt register that I completed them. It doesnt matter what task it is. Chat, study reference materials, paint portrait on sketchpad. Doesnt acknowledge I do it and I dont get paid.

Quick Google search of this issue and you'll see posts from this forum from all the way back in April with the same problem. Has this career really been bugged for 6 months?

No mods or CC.

EA loves not patching big issues if it has nothing to do with the current expansion pack coming out. I love how trying to run a restaurant is bugged to all hell!
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Artist track working fine for me as of yesterday. My writer hasn't been in the rotation for a bit.

Which freelancer track is giving you a hassle?
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    If you're still having a problem with this, you should head over to the PC Bugs part of the forum. I've had a lot of support from @SheriGR and @crinrict. It may not be sorted yet, but you can add your voice to the mix over there and it may be addressed sooner. Happy Simming :)
    HSau :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited October 2019
    The freelancer career is broken in it's entirety. Almost none of the gigs are currently working properly after the RoM patch, especially the ones with multiple requirements in a single task. I tried both programmer and fashion photographer and neither is working correctly. Which means buying the Moschino pack which came out 2 months ago, perhaps even less, is pointless since the career already doesn't work well or at all. Quite pathetic when you think about it and beyond frustrating because freelancer careers are actually fun. Thank god for Graham who made these but sadly they no longer work.
    Post edited by Sigzy05 on
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    I haven't had any problems until today. My sim is in the Freelance Writing career and one of the gigs has her write a feedback report. She's attempted to write the report, but it's not registering as complete. She's done it twice, now.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Hopefully it gets fixed next month. Not sure why it wasn't a priority. A whole career literally not functioning is a huge issue.

I don't understand how some people on this thread say they are having no issue though. I don't use mods or cc so shouldn't the bug be a problem we all have?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The freelancer career is broken in it's entirety. Almost none of the gigs are currently working properly after the RoM patch, especially the ones with multiple requirements in a single task. I tried both artist and fashion photographer and neither is working correctly. Which means buying the Moschino pack which came out 2 months ago, perhaps even less, is pointless since the career already doesn't work well or at all. Quite pathetic when you think about it and beyond frustrating because freelancer careers are actually fun. Thank god for Graham who made these but sadly they no longer work.

I think it's the Moschino pack that is causing the problem. I tested the artist, programmer and writer careers after RoM came out and they work perfectly.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The freelancer career is broken in it's entirety. Almost none of the gigs are currently working properly after the RoM patch, especially the ones with multiple requirements in a single task. I tried both artist and fashion photographer and neither is working correctly. Which means buying the Moschino pack which came out 2 months ago, perhaps even less, is pointless since the career already doesn't work well or at all. Quite pathetic when you think about it and beyond frustrating because freelancer careers are actually fun. Thank god for Graham who made these but sadly they no longer work.

I think it's the Moschino pack that is causing the problem. I tested the artist, programmer and writer careers after RoM came out and they work perfectly.

Not at all, because I only bought it recently and I was already having problems with the programmer and artist freelancer. Tasks that wouldn't register as completed after my sim encrypted data files successfully for example. Tasks that included doing something multiple times would only check the first time and then stop registering as completed. For instance, encrypt 5 data files. The game would only register the first try and the others even though successful attempts would no longer register. I also had some problems with the artist in which some tasks were not completing, I would then cancel the gig and loose job performance, I had no alternative.

I would suggest testing them again because they simply aren't working, at least most of the gigs.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    If you haven't already checked out the bug forum, give it a visit and click the Me Too button: Freelancer tasks not getting checked. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

When you pick up a gig, but then travel to another lot, then it seems to stop tracking your tasks progress.

If you reload the lot by saving and exiting back to the world map, then entering the house again, it should start tracking your tasks complete again when you do the correct work actions (like submitting your work to the client or whatever else the tasks says to do).

So at the moment, I my Freelancers are able to complete their gigs, I just don't let them leave their home while picking up a gig until it's done.
  • Options
    MinxMinx Posts: 1,221 Member
    I was looking for a mod to fix this. Does anyone know if there is?
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    Galactrix wrote: »
    If you haven't already checked out the bug forum, give it a visit and click the Me Too button: Freelancer tasks not getting checked. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

When you pick up a gig, but then travel to another lot, then it seems to stop tracking your tasks progress.

If you reload the lot by saving and exiting back to the world map, then entering the house again, it should start tracking your tasks complete again when you do the correct work actions (like submitting your work to the client or whatever else the tasks says to do).

So at the moment, I my Freelancers are able to complete their gigs, I just don't let them leave their home while picking up a gig until it's done.

HAAAAA, that explains it. I hope they fix it!
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    tayllahtayllah Posts: 8 New Member
    yep! it was really bugging me because it glitched on the last task so even if i sent the artwork through and it was approved i didn't get any money, then the job performance would go down because i couldn't complete the task on time.
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member

Nope, sorry. Still working perfectly in my game. I had my Sim do the poetry jam. She went to the jam, returned and had the task completed. Then, she did a task requiring her to make three drawings. All were created, sent for acceptance. Gig complete. I switched her to the tech freelance, and she did three websites, all of which were checked off and the gig completed.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options

Nope, sorry. Still working perfectly in my game. I had my Sim do the poetry jam. She went to the jam, returned and had the task completed. Then, she did a task requiring her to make three drawings. All were created, sent for acceptance. Gig complete. I switched her to the tech freelance, and she did three websites, all of which were checked off and the gig completed.

That's really strange because most people are having this issue.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Okay - I finally ran into a glitch with my Freelance Artist, where completed Environmental Concept paintings were not counting as completed, nor toward job completion even if successfully submitted.

This occurred when I had him travel to a different lot, during the course of his gig. His spouse received a phone call from their parent, which I misread as that parent wishing to come over, so I accepted. To my surprise, the loadscreen popped up, the plumbob spun, and when I landed, the spouse was at their parents' home. I clicked my Freelancer's manage-absent-Sim icon, and decided to bring him along. He arrived, they socialized, it got late, and I had them sleep over in the spouse's teenage bedroom.

I didn't even remember the freelance gig until the next day. I checked, panicked, as I thought it had been due by 9 AM. But instead of Wednesday - which was the day in game, and which I thought was my deadline - the gig showed as due by Saturday. I thought I had dodged a bullet. But from that point on, no progress with that gig would register.

When I abandoned the gig, I was able to take another (requiring less skill, for less money) and complete it as usual. Later that week, I was able to take another shot at the same gig I had had to cancel, and completed that as well. In neither case did I let my Sim leave his home lot until he was done.

I'll try some testing to see if travel consistently breaks gigs, whether it matters whether the Freelancer initiates the travel, or accepts an invitation, or only is brought along after the fact by an active Sim traveling or accepting an invitation. So far, this is the only hitch I have had with the career.
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I’m not having this issue on pc, but my niece is having it on console so it’s definitely a bug.
  • Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    I have this bug too, it’s like it with the whims too.
  • Options
    BubbledSimmerBubbledSimmer Posts: 7 New Member
    I had the same issue when it came to the freelancer artist gigs. It seemed to work fine after I deleted the localthumbcache file in the sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I wish I'd read this thread beforehand. I purchased the Moschino SP along with ROM a couple weeks ago, but haven't tried the new Fashion Photography freelance career until last night. My Sim took the photos for the kid's formal wear gig just fine, that completed. She also got them approved and sent back in the mail the next day just fine too. But it didn't check off as completed.

So being the noob that I am with this pack I thought, well, maybe if I upload the approved photos to fashion Simstagram, both parts will be checked off and the gig complete. Nope, obviously, because she had to travel to the library to use their computer since she doesn't own one. *sigh*

I've submitted two more for approval and plan to get my Sim a computer so she can stay home to submit these additional photos to fashion Simstagram. Hopefully the process will complete this time. Something weird happened too while she was at the library in Windenburg. After uploading the photos, she was hungry so I sent her to a food stall in the area to grab a hamburger. While standing in line the Ministry of Labor thing popped up asking my Sim to register her career. Why?

Also, y'all say to not travel to another lot, keep your Sim at home during a gig. Does that include the public area surrounding their lot? My Sim rents an apartment in the Spice District and so far hasn't bought a fridge or anything, so she depends on the vendors for food. lol Thinking I might need to get her a fridge now too. o.O