Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you play a single family or rotate? Vote...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Sindocat wrote: »
    Can't answer, because your question and answer options don't match.

I rotate between households so that I can continue to progress my active family, who are multiple generations in multiple homes in the same save - only two, so far, but my younger second generation boys are all teens, now, and will be moving out some day. I'll keep them in the mix, too. They don't stop being related when they marry and have kids of their own. It's just a bigger family.

mmkay.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    Simmify wrote: »
    There is no option for doing both.

I prefer either this or that polls. To get an idea of which is more common

I like to mix up my play styles, I have to admit.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    If by family you mean household, then I rotate. If you mean relatives, then I play just one.
  • Options
    katka_kynclovakatka_kynclova Posts: 79 Member
    I rotate and for the first time I'm not bored. I got so easily bored with my families in TS3 that I had about dozens of abandoned saves. Now I have just two save files in TS4 (one that I actively play and one that I'm trying to rebuild) and I love it. However I also have few "main" households that I prefer to play in.
    Twitter: @ kateknc
    Origin ID: kate_knl :cookie:
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    I play all households in every world. Some I play more often, but all get their fair share of attention :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I'd be extremely bored playing just one household.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I rotate through several households/families. In one save I have a family that is four generations deep that is very difficult to play with the way Sims4 is set up. It began as a couple then progressed on with their children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. And I play with aging off because I am a control freak. That save has a total of around sixty Sims, I believe. I play it from time to time but not as much as more content is added to the game. After Seasons was added I downsized my new saves to allow for just three families to rotate through. And I have stopped allowing my couples to have more than two children. I am big on playing families, but I do it on a much smaller scale now. I don't play just one household per save. I prefer to start with six young adults, have them all become good friends then see who each one prefers as a life partner. As the families grow and chidren come along, they remain friends and do things as a group or form clubs.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    But, when time permits I will try rotation.
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    I'm playing a single household right now, but when the non-heir children move out I'll start rotating between them.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    In 4 the only viable option is single household. Gets to be an impossible tangle otherwise. In 2, however, rotational, sometimes involving the entire town/world. Sims stay where I put them so the only havoc is from playing, not them running amok on their own.
  • Options
    PearLadyPearLady Posts: 207 Member
    Not sure which way to vote, TBH. I start with 1 HH and usually end up rotating as the family grows, or if I'm in a simmer's custom save, I will rotate from one HH to another to fully explore what that simmer has created. :smiley:
    Don't anger the fruit. It may make her toot (at you). ;)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I need to always focus on ONE thing, at any ONE given time. It's my system...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I have many saves, but mostly focus on one household per save. That said, I do pop into other households on occasion to tweak things to my liking, and have one dedicated rotation save as well.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I always stick to one household per play, the only times I play other households in the same game is when I'm getting my sim some grandkids, for example, then it's straight back to my original household once it's done.
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    @katka_kynclova I play pretty much the same way.
  • Options
    SeekFreedom96SeekFreedom96 Posts: 4 New Member
    I only play a single house because I don't have the patience to play and keep track of others
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Even if I start with one sim, eventually I end up with 4 or 5 in my rotation. I end up adding in their BFF's family's and, of course, the kids as they age up and marry, etc.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    DJNSDJNS Posts: 74 Member
    I play in rotation in the same game that I have been playing since I bought the game. 11 generations of sims.