Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are your sims similar to you?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    Some of them have elements of my personality. I wouldn't say they do things I want to do I just have them do whatever's most interesting lol.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    They are VERY different from me. They do things I would never, never ever would do.
    My sims do things that I want to but can't... I only have one kid irl and won't be able have another but my sims get to have 5 or 6 or 7 haha.

As for traits some are similar to me and some aren't but they are mostly all based on characters from stories i write and there's a wide variety even if they all have somethings in common, like they all have good traits only
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    In some ways they’re similar, but in others they’re different. Boring answer, I know.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Most of my Sims are VERY different than myself. For instance; more than half are young adult single males and I'm a very married Mom. I'm definitely not any kind of occult either. Unless, you consider a crazy cat lady an occult? No? Didn't think so. lol

Having said that though, a large number of my Sims are creative, love the outdoors and live in a rural or country area, all of which are similar to my life. So, unfortunately OP, I really couldn't choose an answer from those offered in your poll. It's an interesting question though! :)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2019
    My sims do things that are kind of impossible, and that's the fun.
    My self Sim is a mermaid who is married to Akiro who is a vampire, so yeah quite a bit different in that aspect. I do need to take a picture of my self-Sim since my hair color is different from when I started on forums. Each iterations my Sims run which I haven't been able to do since I got into the first Sims game, so it was really cool to do first person view and watch my self-Sim run.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    None of these fit me. I try to vary my sims as much as possible. With each sim, I play a different story. For example, in my current rotational save, there are two twins, Jimmy and Joey. Jimmy is happily married to his childhood friend with five kids. Joey, on the other hand, is in a rocky relationship with him mean lazy wife, and has just one child.

I also vary my sims’ personalities, but within reason. I don’t like playing “villains”, but my sims all have different traits, interests, and ideals. Let’s go back to the twins. Jimmy is responsible, a hard worker, and he loves to garden. Joey, however, is kind of reckless, gets a new job every few days, and likes to socialize and party. However, due to being raised in a large family, both twins have similar ideals about family: they both think that their family is very important, and that blood is thicker than water.

Me? Well... I play Sims and Minecraft, but I don’t let my sims play video games much. I’m studying epidemiology, but I don’t think that even exists in The Sims. I’m writing a novel, but the last sim I had who wrote one died of old age back in August. But... one thing that I do have in common with the twins... and most of my sims, for that matter... is that family is very important to me. I have no siblings and no cousins, but I love my parents, and they always say how lucky they are to have a daughter like me. I never really had any problems with my family, and I still go to them when I need advice.

I suppose, in conclusion, my sims’ traits and skills aren’t usually similar to mine, but we seem to have similar ideals.
  • Options
    DanceSingLoveLiveDanceSingLoveLive Posts: 159 Member
    They are VERY different from me. They do things I would never, never ever would do.
    My sims are really all over the place. My favorite style of play is legacy-style, because I enjoy creating complex webs of family relationships. I always randomize the traits (unless I've created my SimSelf) and randomize aspirations too. I like them to really be who they are, even if they are pixels. They can be unique pixels :)

Conversely, in real life if I am writing a story, I find it difficult to create a main character who is different than myself in many meaningful ways. Not sure what sort of cognitive dissonance that is, but it's there.
    ETERNITY'S UGLACY: eternidadsimstories.wordpress.com
    Instagram: eternidad.sim.stories.

• Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    My favourite item that a sim has is the ray gun , a while back there was a glitch where everyone stole my sims food in restaraunts. Yup I froze them. A whole bunch of frozen sims. Any time a get irritated by another sims whether it's their stupid choice of clothing or they're interfering with my sims date I zap them. My sims cheat and can be real slobs , I always give them different traits and occupations.

I could never ever even think of acting like that in real life. I would probably be arrested. :#
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    ClownlingClownling Posts: 18 Member
    My sims are doing things that I hope to do some day.
    My Sims are awfully social compared to me, and I don't think I'd be up for romancing Vlad! I'm often much, much more different than them than I'd like to admit, though a lot of them do things I'd love to someday- As unlikely is it is.
    Clownin' Around
  • Options
    LquinnLquinn Posts: 385 Member
    Most of my Sims are very different from me. Some are created randomly, some represent someone I know of heard of, some are created with a certain purpose, and a couple have represented me. I play a rotational game, and I love the variety that I get from the Sims.
  • Options
    Nooboo_GirlNooboo_Girl Posts: 15 Member
    I have so many sims, and lots and worlds...hard to answer. So I put the broadest answer I could in the poll lol...although in my youtube videos I often refer to my sims as "I" or "me" lol (A habit I am trying to break)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't think so, but I'll update my answer if I ever decide to go for a swim in the middle of winter.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    Pretty similar, we tend to have the same interests, relationships and aspirations.
    It really depends. I'm very creative, and I like to make stories, so some are vastly different from me. But in each household I tend to make at least one sim with the "creative" trait, and at least one of them is interested in at least one creative field- either painting, or woodworking, or writing, or fashion design. I'm also a black girl, so my save is full of households with pretty black women.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I never play with a "simself" or anyone I know. I think that I do tend to influence a lot of them to be similar in outlook to me but some of them are entirely different than me. I just mean that I tend to be a productive, thinking, creative type and many sims I play are too, but definitely not always.

I did once make a sim who coincidentally looked a lot like me but I gave that sim a totally different name, personality and backstory. That sim was not me, just had a passing resemblance. I did give that sim an attractive spouse who doesn't cheat.

They're all different with their own approaches to their simulated existences. I just have no urge to play my own life. I prefer fictitious characters to whom anything can happen. I do tend to make them mostly functional but I throw complications and personalities in. There are some less functional sims or ones who get into shenanigans.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    I don't even think my simself takes a lot from me, especially when it comes to being a foodie. She's too picky lol.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    If I'm going to play a single sim, I'll make her similar to me in many ways, but not every way. For example, this is Autumn who's a squeamish bookworm with a desire to be fabulously wealthy (so very me, haha):
    AutumnCloseup.webp

Her face doesn't look like mine, but she has many physical similarities, like her eye and hair color and general shape of her face and nose. But she pursued the doctor career, which I would NEVER do (being squeamish).

Most of the time, I play a community of sims, though, so I try to give them all their own unique personalities. I'm sure there's a little bit of me in all of them, even the ones that are less nice, but overall most of them, good and bad, are not very representative of me.
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I have to be me everyday and it’s tiresome. So my sims are the polar opposite of me most of the time.
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Pretty similar, we tend to have the same interests, relationships and aspirations.
    Eh.

I usually play around and give each Sim their own life and whatnot. I cannot really make myself in the Sims as they cannot be childish and evil. Makes no sense, but apparently evil people do not dare be children.

Sometimes I make myself in the Sims.

Dark hair, blue eyes, scrawny, evil, anti-social…
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    My sims are doing things that I hope to do some day.
    My sims have to be
    1 easy on the eye
    2 the sort of people who, if real, I would get along with and actively want to spend time with

That's why I wasn't feeling it with my Sulani household I stopped playing; one of them looked, sounded and had a personality exactly like my 1st driving instructor (I created the sim before I met him, which made meeting him really weird as he was a dead ringer for this sim). I didn't get along at all with him (basically he fueled my anxiety as a new driver and made some extremely offensive, personal comments, hence why he was my first driving instructor.

I still have that sim, as it's not the sim's fault, but he's very much in the background now.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    My sims do things that are kind of impossible, and that's the fun.
    I make unique households.