Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Inheritance - Anyone know?

I am wondering if there is a good mod out there that allows sims to inherit funds when their parents or grandparents. Currently, you have to keep at least one sim living in the house just so you can access the funds. Anyone have some good suggestions to get around this to ensure the bank doesn't steal my hard earned money and property?

Comments

• Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,455 Member
    @MHsimsFan, I don't know about a mod but couldn't you use the money cheat to add the amount of money the deceased had to the funds of the sim you want to inherit that money & pretend it was an inheritance?
  • Options
    JoBass24usJoBass24us Posts: 1,629 Member
    MCCC mod does this.
  • Options
    Pretty much any question you have for "is there a mod that...." MCCC probably does it. Lol
    "Don't wish...Don't start.
    Wishing only wounds the heart."

feca3b79-16b1-4d90-b2f5-1df8ce10c536_zps37cfddca.png?t=1422482021
    Origin ID: Simintoxication
  • Options
    aaronrulzaaronrulz Posts: 4,108 Member
    MCCC has menu choices just for inheritance
  • Options
    MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    I
    aaronrulz wrote: »

Do you know where it is in the MC menu system. I looked for it and I couldn't find it.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited October 2019
    MHsimsFan wrote: »
    I

Do you know where it is in the MC menu system. I looked for it and I couldn't find it.

i'm familiar with a lot of MC settings but not everything and some commands in MCCC are obscured behind having to go into the relationship panel and clicking a sim there and checking the settings there. So if your sims child has moved out, i'm assuming you can find what you are looking for under that.

@Aaronrulz hasn't exactly answered the question, no disrespect intended. I am assuming that once you go into the MC CP for your child through the relationship panel, you go into sim commands and transfer funds there.

Edit: Forgot to add that your child must not be in the household, they must be in a seperate household, it also goes for anyone else like flagging sims so they don't marry by using one friend to another in different households and so forth.
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    I

I found this on the MCCC site
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/settings

MCCC > MCCC Settings > Money Settings > Inheritance Sim Type

This setting will determine what type of Sims will leave money for their spouse or children when they die. The options are 'None', 'NPC Only', 'Played Only', 'Played and NPC Only', 'Active Only' and 'All' with the default being 'None'. If a Sim dies that matches the Sim type specified in this setting, then a portion of their household funds (if there are multiple adults in the household, then a portion of the household funds still belong to them so it should not be passed along) will be either given to their spouse, or divided among their children. If their children do not live with them currently, then their households will be increased based on a share of the total inheritance amount (divided equally among all children).
  • Options
    I

I found this on the MCCC site
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/doc/settings

MCCC > MCCC Settings > Money Settings > Inheritance Sim Type

This setting will determine what type of Sims will leave money for their spouse or children when they die. The options are 'None', 'NPC Only', 'Played Only', 'Played and NPC Only', 'Active Only' and 'All' with the default being 'None'. If a Sim dies that matches the Sim type specified in this setting, then a portion of their household funds (if there are multiple adults in the household, then a portion of the household funds still belong to them so it should not be passed along) will be either given to their spouse, or divided among their children. If their children do not live with them currently, then their households will be increased based on a share of the total inheritance amount (divided equally among all children).

(+1 Insightful).
    I honestlly thought it could of been something ancestral household like, nice to be wrong on that account.
  • Options
    sirguylittlesirguylittle Posts: 776 Member
    @MHsimsFan @Hoverael This is embarrasing, I've just gone into my game but cannot find that option. I'm not on the latest patch so also do not have the latest MCCC version but I do not know if this is a new feature or a removed one!
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I've been playing my latest Bethany Angelis playthrough, and everything you pointed to in your previous comment is accurate. i set my inheritance to "all".
    My version of Ts4 is latest, i'll have to check MC if it is the latest version and any patch comments.

Edit: a quick check, MC version is 6.5.0, so latest version.
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,468 Member
    edited October 2019
    The MCCC website has a super useful search feature that I'm not sure many people know about:
    9N4iiKC.png
    I typed 'inherit' into the search box and it brought up the two settings (the top two) that you need for inheritance in MCCC.
    I agree that wading through the documentation is often a bit confusing, which is why I'd advise folk to use the search feature :)
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,691 Member
    I never used mods for inheritance. I use a spreadsheet and money cheat. But not all possessions transfers well to in-game money, so I keep notes on the side.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    MHsimsFanMHsimsFan Posts: 154 Member
    The MCCC website has a super useful search feature that I'm not sure many people know about:
    9N4iiKC.png
    I typed 'inherit' into the search box and it brought up the two settings (the top two) that you need for inheritance in MCCC.
    I agree that wading through the documentation is often a bit confusing, which is why I'd advise folk to use the search feature :)

This awesome! I had no idea. This will make it much easier to identify and navigate the command menu. Thank you.