May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your married sims carry a ring?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I always give my married sims rings for every outfit except sleep and athletic. The same one and the same swatch. My females get the diamond one with the gold band and white diamond. The males get a light gold band. Those are the only ones that I think look close enough to actual traditional wedding rings.

:open_mouth: I don't take my rings off even when I'm doing the dishes! Why would someone take off their ring when sleeping or jogging? I'm totally baffled at your logic. Unless, of course, the game won't allow it, as in the Formal category.

I take my ring off when swimming. It fits just right everyday but when I am in water it gets a bit slippery. As I am fond of it I take great care to remove it when I feel that it could slip off and put it back on when I am dry again. I could see someone doing that for their sims as well.

Hm.. as for my sims. They elope when I feel that it is right for them. No dresses or extra stuff, no guests or cakes. That just isn't for me and neither is rings. I do however like to get them married so that the game registers that they are in a committed relationship. Also I love to play my married couples and give them clubs so that I see them out when I am rotated away in another household.

Honestly, haven't even thought about giving my sims rings before :)
  • Options
    _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    I take my ring off when swimming. It fits just right everyday but when I am in water it gets a bit slippery. As I am fond of it I take great care to remove it when I feel that it could slip off and put it back on when I am dry again. I could see someone doing that for their sims as well.

Spot on. That is exactly why my sims don't wear their ring, or any type of jewellery for that matter, when being active or sleeping. I imagine they would leave them safe in a locker at gyms or pool locations. I imagine they would also put them on their nightstand, perhaps in a jewellery box, so they may sleep comfortably without snagging the sheets. My aunt actually lost the diamond set in her wedding ring as she slept with it on.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    for some reason i never thought to do this, but now i think i'm going to start doing it
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    My Sims ALWAYS wear a ring and are the ONE custom content item I ALWAYS have in my mod folder if nothing else, since the base game selection is painfully limited. Plus my sims can then wear an engagement ring with their wedding band too.
    For the women, the ring varies according to their financial situation, but the poorer husbands get it in silver, while the ones with some money get it in gold.

This comment I find interesting, in my experience having a rather large social circle of married friends from various backgrounds (including the stupid rich) the value was mostly found in the engagement ring and color of the metal. I know more women for example that prefer white gold or silver bands per fashion tastes and its the husbands who wear gold or even iron bands. Also for younger couples I've noticed a lot more emphasis put on ring design now then its base metal value too.

Personally outside of the Sims as a male, I would prefer a green gold wedding band as I've seen some very cool craft workmanship that contrasts nicely with the color.

aXo88Tz.jpg
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Sometimes; but I often forget or don't think about it. I liked how in Sims 2 they would just automatically wear them. The the biggest deal as giving rings for sims in CAS is quick and easy enough in Sims 4; but I do miss those features sims 2 had.
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    Yes. Wives (or those who are going to be wives, 'cause I'm too lazy to go into CAS later) have a ring with a stone of a colour that matches their style. Husbands/those going to be husbands have a plain silver band on the same finger as their S.O.'s ring.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    KiaraSims4ModsKiaraSims4Mods Posts: 2,782 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Sometimes; but I often forget or don't think about it. I liked how in Sims 2 they would just automatically wear them. The the biggest deal as giving rings for sims in CAS is quick and easy enough in Sims 4; but I do miss those features sims 2 had.

Agree.

Sometimes I forget lol, but when I remember I give them rings. I think it's cute <3
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I’d get lazy sometimes and forget to put them on my Sims.

I really wish it were an optional automatic feature.
  • Options
    MoonSimMoonSim Posts: 102 Member
    I never even think about it because I hate the ring selection
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    I never thought about it , I think I will add it from now on.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    I use the mod, so yes. :)

If anyone is interested it's https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/
    Just have to go about halfway down the page, or just hit ctrl+f and search for "autowedding ring"
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I always give them a ring unless I forget and then add it later. I have yet to have a sim couple where I consciously choose not to give them a ring.
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    I do for some and for others not. Mostly because I forget, but also because some married couples, including my parents, don't feel the need to wear one all day every day for all their married lives.
  • Options
    Konan_NorrisKonan_Norris Posts: 211 Member
    edited October 2019
    What if your sim has 4 spouses living in 4 houses (via MCCC)? How many rings do you have to wear?
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

giphy.gif

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,157 Member
    Sometimes. There needs to be more wedding rings.
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    Wyrren wrote: »
    I use the mod, so yes. :)

If anyone is interested it's https://www.deichschafblog.de/s4/sonstige-mods/
    Just have to go about halfway down the page, or just hit ctrl+f and search for "autowedding ring"

I have the same mod for that purpose. Without it I always forget about the ring. Bot either way it doesn't bother me that much. I didn't even think to specifically search for some cc wedding rings. But now I have ideas )
  • Options
    mlnov39mlnov39 Posts: 2,294 Member
    Yes, my favorite couples get rings. :#
  • Options
    SimsandraSimsandra Posts: 315 Member
    Me and my husband don't wear rings (I am not a jewellery person at all), so I don't bother to put any jewellery on my Sims, not even a wedding ring.
    Also it clashes with my CC lashes :D