Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do they only listen to game changers?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »
    There are many clothing items that claim to be red, but are in fact not so, same for other colors, and they've never fixed that

I've heard people complain about the color black not really being black, but never heard a complaint about red before though.
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    The big issue they fixed for me was the columns. That bug was annoying. I had to make a new wall or some other trick each time I played.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

twitch is sadly apparently not much better. but honestly, no platform is these days, unfortunately.
    Twitch is nice but not as profitable as Youtube I've heard. There is Mixer now too.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm wondering how many game-changers are going to be affected like LGR is. He is not a game-changer but has more respect generally than most of them have as a reviewer. He, apparently is going to lose his verification. Are YouTube going a bit mad?

It always amuses me when YouTubers complain about, well, YouTube. No one told them to quit their jobs and do videos full time. Absolutely no one.

They’ll just complain about it but continue to upload videos to their channels because THEY NEED YOUTUBE!

That’s why it’s so funny to me.

@Chazzyyyy

Well the thing is YT is now their job. Ppl who have regular jobs complain about those too and they need their jobs. It's not atypical for ppl to complain about their jobs. :)
  • Options
    @Simburian YouTube has gone mad a long time ago lol
    That said, the bigger GCs will be fine, they fit the verification criteria. Though it does explain the change from TheSimSupply to James Turner. Might be unrelated but somehow I think it might have been if James got a heads-up about the upcoming change. (TSS wasn't *his* alone, technically). The problem is that there's no longer clarity with verification for anyone who starts a new channel, at least not in clear terms (like, what is "large following" exactly, YT?)

tl;dr: GCs will be fine, at least the popular ones. Recognizable brands and all. I would think that LGR's gonna be fine too after the dispute he sent to YT is sorted.

@darrenfroggy

Idk James said he's thought about the change for a long time. Also being that he's branching out even more on his main channel I can see why he wants to attract more than just Simmers.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    lasummerb wrote: »
    @Simburian YouTube has gone mad a long time ago lol
    That said, the bigger GCs will be fine, they fit the verification criteria. Though it does explain the change from TheSimSupply to James Turner. Might be unrelated but somehow I think it might have been if James got a heads-up about the upcoming change. (TSS wasn't *his* alone, technically). The problem is that there's no longer clarity with verification for anyone who starts a new channel, at least not in clear terms (like, what is "large following" exactly, YT?)

tl;dr: GCs will be fine, at least the popular ones. Recognizable brands and all. I would think that LGR's gonna be fine too after the dispute he sent to YT is sorted.

@darrenfroggy

Idk James said he's thought about the change for a long time. Also being that he's branching out even more on his main channel I can see why he wants to attract more than just Simmers.

Oh yeah, but with this happening, it's a funny coincidence. It's either well-timed (absolutely possible) or he did get a heads-up and figured he might as well since he was planning to anyway.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    If they’re going to listen to game changers more maybe they could make a version of that fancy new brick without the giant end pieces. The two brick wallpapers from Vampires match, what happened with the ones from Realm of Magic? It makes me miss having to apply those parts separately.

https://wildlyminiaturesandwich.tumblr.com/post/187601057005/the-sims-4-realm-of-magic-early-access-buildbuy

Anyway here’s a good description of the Game Changer program: https://wildlyminiaturesandwich.tumblr.com/post/187634181751/how-did-you-become-an-ea-game-changer-what-are
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited September 2019
    You might be interested to know that YouTube have reversed their decision on Verifications due to the uproar it caused.

"Instead, the change was seen as stripping established YouTubers of their standing and hobbling their chances to prosper on the video site.
    YouTube boss Susan Wojcicki apologised and said the policy change had "missed the mark". "

Found on BBC News today.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-49768626

BTW: LGR has posted a couple of Twitter comments about ROM as he is still trying it out. He doesn't seem too unimpressed yet. I expect he might do a YouTube sometime.
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    It sure FEELS like they only listen to GameChangers, like lilsimsie, James and Deli. They all got things they want, yet occult fans (which none of those 3 are) have had to wait 2.5 years for an occult, and we have had to wait ages for things like hijabs.
    Deligracy asks for door colours and what does she get?
    James asks for the Island living counters to be fixed, and we get an 'emergency' patch to fix them.
    Lilsimsie asks for building improvements, and we get them.

Yet a lot of the community asks for other things and we never get them. I really, really do think the team primarily listens to and asks the big GameChangers for things to add or improve, as they tend to be the happiest about the game.

I still love it, don't get me wrong, but I sure don't feel like they listen to my desires, even if the community at large seems to echo it. But the minute Deligracy asks for a white door....
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    @munroele
    It may seem like that but:
    Deligracy and James have been going on about the plain door (and shelf) swatches for literally years, so it's not like that happened immediately.
    The island counter came along in a patch that fixed a game crashing bug (CAS occult animations crashed everyone's game regularly), which was the point of the >emergency<. (and it still took months to add the counters in the first place, recolors are quick and were tossed in as an add-on).

Do the Game Changers have a better reach to the devs? Yeah. Sorta in the name.

A lot of them frequently also comment on things that the community wants, not just their own personal wishes. And I can guarantee that they have things they want in the game that haven't happened yet or are never going to happen at all.
    The only anti-occult GC out of those three is LilSimsie. (a case can be made for James not caring about them much because he's more of a builder than anything else in The Sims). And there are plenty of GCs who are occult fans (Plumbella comes to mind immediately).

So yeah, Game Changers have an easier way to get heard by Maxis/the devs. But it's not a case of the devs catering immediately to the whims of some selected ones.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    @munroele
    It may seem like that but:
    Deligracy and James have been going on about the plain door (and shelf) swatches for literally years, so it's not like that happened immediately.
    The island counter came along in a patch that fixed a game crashing bug (CAS occult animations crashed everyone's game regularly), which was the point of the >emergency<. (and it still took months to add the counters in the first place, recolors are quick and were tossed in as an add-on).

Do the Game Changers have a better reach to the devs? Yeah. Sorta in the name.

A lot of them frequently also comment on things that the community wants, not just their own personal wishes. And I can guarantee that they have things they want in the game that haven't happened yet or are never going to happen at all.
    The only anti-occult GC out of those three is LilSimsie. (a case can be made for James not caring about them much because he's more of a builder than anything else in The Sims). And there are plenty of GCs who are occult fans (Plumbella comes to mind immediately).

So yeah, Game Changers have an easier way to get heard by Maxis/the devs. But it's not a case of the devs catering immediately to the whims of some selected ones.

Deli has also been asking for cars for a while, and we still don't have those.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member

@munroele

Not one of those GC's I mentioned ever ask for occults or really promote inclusion of them. There is a massive occult community, and they get ignored in favour of realism. We finally got a new occult or two this year (half-done mermaids and well done 'spell-casters', after waiting 2.5 years, and I saw someone saying we had gotten too much, and now it was realism time, when all packs but one in 2.5 years were realism (Strangerville being the one exception).

It just feels ridiculous to me that certain communities get ignored in favour of the realism team, who already have most of the content that has been asked for, that the team has said they can or will do. Open world isn't possible, a colour wheel isn't being done, and cars aren't either. Why not give a boost in popularity to other people who want other things? Not everyone is a builder, I'm definitely not. I just download homes from the Gallery and to a degree, re-furnish them, because I just can't build properly.

I really just feel like the community at large isn't listened to, unless they share the same desires as Game Changers, and it's a massive shame, when there are so many concepts and ideas that would work so well, yet they aren't listened to.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2019
    munroele wrote: »
    munroele

Not one of those GC's I mentioned ever ask for occults or really promote inclusion of them. There is a massive occult community, and they get ignored in favour of realism. We finally got a new occult or two this year (half-done mermaids and well done 'spell-casters', after waiting 2.5 years, and I saw someone saying we had gotten too much, and now it was realism time, when all packs but one in 2.5 years were realism (Strangerville being the one exception).

It just feels ridiculous to me that certain communities get ignored in favour of the realism team, who already have most of the content that has been asked for, that the team has said they can or will do. Open world isn't possible, a colour wheel isn't being done, and cars aren't either. Why not give a boost in popularity to other people who want other things? Not everyone is a builder, I'm definitely not. I just download homes from the Gallery and to a degree, re-furnish them, because I just can't build properly.

I really just feel like the community at large isn't listened to, unless they share the same desires as Game Changers, and it's a massive shame, when there are so many concepts and ideas that would work so well, yet they aren't listened to.
    There are other GCs who do care about occults. KozyKale who used to be Koffee adores witches and has content all about them on her Youtube channel. Simarchy loves mermaids. loverrlee also loves witches. I feel like people don't know how many game changers there are now other than the few well known ones just because there were quite a number of ones introduced during the Sims 4 era. But I do enjoy talking about Kippsidaisy a lot about the different packs including the ones with occults with them. We both love Realms of Magic. But yeah occults still don't feel as popular as it used to be and honestly I don't know why. There are still a lot of people who want them and I get the impression temp states versions are generally not popular in any iteration like Sims 3 Zombies were a temp state well more like a random event than even close to a life state.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Yes they even ask about GC in the last survey.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Here's the thing though, the game changers do have sway because it's in their name, but a lot, if not most, mirror our thoughts/opinions anyways. That's half of why we watch them right? Some of them even mention in their videos that they've gotten an idea/thought from one of us.. "mentioned in the comments". I think it's GOOD they listen to the game changers. The game changers (for most part) listen to us and can help be our voice. Not indifferent to how it would work at a job (as someone previously mentioned). If you have issues at work, generally you go to the person above you and then they go to the next etc. Guess I'm just glad they're listening to somebody.
    Origin ID: Peapod79