Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do your sims friends visit them?

Do unplayable sims your sims are friends,lovers etc with visit your sims house?

I dont seem to get this anymore. When the game first come out they'd visit several times a day.

Comments

• Options
    RyphlandRyphland Posts: 25 Member
    Count Vlad visited my Vamp sim that he’s buddies with just yesterday. Though, the amount of random popovers does seem reduced imo. I’ve been playing a new family for about 3 sim weeks now and they’ve yet to have any visitors beyond the initial Welcome wagon. They receive constant phone calls to go out and hang though. One sim got invited out by the same friend 3 times in one day. That’s too much!
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    it happens in my game quite often.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    They do visit but it's so easy to miss them. I wish we got a notification or at least had a loud doorbell noise when visitors arrive.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    I actively chose "Private Home" lot trait to reduce this to close friends and family only, and still get some visitors, just fewer Sims my Sims barely know showing up on the front stoop.

Also, it seems visitors call to check first that it is a good time to stop by, which is a courtesy I appreciate. Close family (parents, siblings) are the most frequent visitors. If I have to turn down too many offers to visit them, or to meet them some place, I'll call back and invite them, as well.

Colleagues in the mystic arts also visit. Here is Beejay, chatting up L, Faba in their home Sanctum, while Bhakti finished up his morning meditation:

FJLIVUJ.png

Beej is glad he picked his dressier everyday wear. Bhakti will have words with him later about steel-toed boots on the yoga mat.
  • Options
    iamoz96iamoz96 Posts: 263 Member
    No they do not and it’s rare for them to visit. I only seem to get a visit by random sims in a certain neighborhood in Willow Creek, but that is after I start a new game. Then all visits stop.
    Origin ID: iamoz96
    Enjoy my creations! :)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    I have been building a lot recently, but when I played last night my sims friend came over two days running. And then when they moved house she visited there too!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Some visit often - depending on what household I am playing - some hardly at all. All call on the phone a lot asking my Sims out places.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    They do visit me but I don't always notice them cos they just stand behind my door like vampires would and then go away after a while
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I think it depends on where you live. I've noticed Oasis Springs and Willow Creek seem to get the most visitors when living there. When I played in StrangerVille I don't think I ever got a visitor and Del Sol Valley I'd get them occasionally but not nearly as much as Oasis Springs and Willow Creek.
  • Options
    RyphlandRyphland Posts: 25 Member
    I’m convinced Stangerville residents don’t receive visits from friends now. That’s where my new family resides that have yet to see guests. Reading the post above reminded me that I recently did a rags to riches with another character there who never once received visitors either. Yet, in San Myshuno it seems every sim and their grandma decides to pop over for a visit, lol.
  • Options
    Frn0731Frn0731 Posts: 7,180 Member
    yes I get regular visits. I even have a sim (housemate) visiting my sim while at work at the Science lab.
    Laugh out loud. Often
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Sometimes, but my Sims get more harassed through texts and calls by Sims they hardly know. :|
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    What I love is when I have families I have placed into the game with the intention of them knowing each other. For instance, in my ancestral game save which I just rebooted, the two main families knew each other. I am playing household number 2, the Hawkins family, hoping this time to be more disciplined in giving them an entire seven days' worth of play before I switch households. Joseph purchased a retail business the Emporium, since he actually ran his own Trading Post. Who should come it to check things out? The parents in household number one. Very good. So, I used MCCC to give them their friendly relationship right off the bat.

And, yes, oftentimes friends will stop by my households in the game. Almost as if the game 'remembers', whenever I reboot, my soon to be young couple manage to 'find' each other without my help, I must add. I also love it when John asks his father is he can Adult Now, since he left school (as in he completed his four years at the Academy in Staunton, VA and refused to go further with his studies, foregoing them to be on his own). He was just sixteen when he married his sweetheart. Don't break into a hoopla, we're talking the 18th century in the deep South, here. ;)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    I find that if I give sims a key to the house, they become frequent visitors. So, I do that to encourage my sims' close friends to hang around quite a bit. Sometimes it's in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping, but...*shrug*
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    I get pretty regular visits from my Sims’ family members. I agree with @Sharonia - I’d love for them to add doorbell notifications again. Unless I’m staring at the front door, I only know someone tried to visit because I see them wandering off my property.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Family drops by often, friends call and want to hang out. I like it :)
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    It depends on the household and location in my game. For example, I have one household who gets frequent visits from her daughter who lives in the same world, with a couple of other random visits every so often. But if I play the daughter, she'll get near to no visits from anyone whatsoever, not even her mother who she often visits.

I do remember there always being a ton of visitors all the time, back when the game was new. But it hasn't been that way in years.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited May 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by bella_goth on
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    I find that if I give sims a key to the house, they become frequent visitors. So, I do that to encourage my sims' close friends to hang around quite a bit. Sometimes it's in the middle of the night when everyone is sleeping, but...*shrug*

Hmm I forgot about house and apartment keys.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    I had visitors quite frequently, though mostly they just stood in my yard waiting for me to notice. I ended up setting one of my lot traits to private. Now it's only the two I gave a key to. They visit nearly every day.
    I get tons of calls and texts. I'd like to disable that feature.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Family members and friends living in the same world as my Sim stop by quite often, like twice per Sim week. If friends and family members live in a different world in the same save, they generally drop by less often and I see them every two Sim weeks unless they are invited. Random drop-ins are quickly asked to leave or ignored. The random Sims popping up out of nowhere seems to have increased after Island Living, and I don't like it. The 'friendly neighbor' feature where they run over if there is a fire on the active lot, drop by with food, or just want to say hello has become a problem in the other worlds in my saves. Outside of Sulani these random Sims are not Islanders, nor has my Sim interacted with any of them. It was supposedly a new feature that was meant to be part of the experience of living on Sulani. In my game it has bled over into all the other worlds as well.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Family members drop by regularly but unknown sims visit too. As in real life, if my sim doesn't know them they don't answer the door!

I do like the "partying with club members" invites but dislike the "hangout with family" invites because family disappears within seconds. A lot like when a sim travels with other sims.
  • Options
    LolaLuvsSimsLolaLuvsSims Posts: 1,828 Member
    Like some other said I get a lot of visitors but without the doorbell I usually don't know that they're there.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    In Glimmerbrook the other spellcasters and sages are always dropping by my sims home for a visit.
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    Usually it's just phonecalls from them wanting to hang out at their house. Although weirdly enough it's mainly strangers knocking on my door, I'm betting it's because they are so bewildered by how awful my houses looks that they need to see the inside.
    EMrBkJP.png