Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like custom gallery poses?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    edited September 2019
    No
    Typically, they look to me as though someone took an action figure with a large number of movable joints and twisted them into the most uncomfortable and anatomically impossible pose they could think of. They look ridiculous.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Other
    I like some of the custom poses hate others but the default poses are just garbage.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    No
    I don't really like the custom pose thumbnails because it unbalances the visual grid while browsing. I don't mind the more normal and subtle ones as much though, and I also really dislike the default thumbnails and I feel that we need to get some new ones by now. It would balance things out more if everyone just had better pics to choose from. But as long as Maxis allows people to use custom poses, I feel like they won't bother giving us more.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    CheekyimpCheekyimp Posts: 124 Member
    No
    Close up of faces are ok just about, but I don't mind normal gallery poses, I can see what I need to see and thats fine, but find the weird custom poses, esp the ones covering faces (I mean come on!) are just plain silly.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    A "custom pose" is just a way the creator automatically makes me dislike their content. I just don't support them. I wish there was a way to filter to eliminate custom poses. It would make the gallery more user friendly.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    QueenMercy wrote: »
    I love them! I use them on my sims (I don't use custom content) to show off how they really look. To me, the pre-made poses make their faces really distorted and they don't show off the time and effort I put into my creations.
    Not everyone uses custom content!

Custom Pose NO CUSTOM CONTENT
    mUhF4h8.png

Pre-made Pose NO CUSTOM CONTENT (literally the same exact sim)
    PIyvEhP.png

I actually wish the gallery had a way to show sims like he is in that first picture! It’s a nice neutral expression and not a really distracting pose.

Which is exactly why some content creators choose to use custom poses. It doesn't add/change anything to the sim in-game, it just creates a better picture in the gallery.

A lot of poses have stuff like sims with their hands in front of their faces or the sim’s head sideways, though.

It just gives a different view of the sim. I work really hard in CAS when creating my sim. I take the time to really get into the customization.
    I base most of my sims off of real people, so making the noses just right, getting the eye-shapes correct, getting their eyebrows on point, is very important to me. Having a pose that turns the sim's head to the side shows off my creation's face profile (the one I just spent an hour trying to get juuuuust right!). I like to show off my hard work! To me, there's nothing wrong with that.

What it actually accomplishes is making me write your creations off as unusable. But that is because I refuse to download from creators who use custom poses.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    No
    I understand that some simmers (in this thread) use the posing tools/mods to create tasteful, sensible poses, that actually improve upon the defaults. Unfortunately the other 99% of Gallery uploaders, when given access to these tools, are not exercising the same level of restraint.
  • Options
    CandiGir1CandiGir1 Posts: 64 Member
    Other
    Don't hate them, but they could definitely use some more variety. Even better, let us choose the poses of each person in the family. I don't like the random aspect.
    6qrDi11.png
  • Options
    ShanabananasShanabananas Posts: 35 Member
    edited September 2019
    It doesnt bother me tbh. Sometimes they can be a little much. I do wish EA and Maxis would take the hint and give us better gallery poses though because the ones we have are ugly imo.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top