Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Why no Dark Purple Hair tone?

Anyone know of any good Mods for Dark Purple hair that are compatible with the latest patch? I can't create a certain Sim with Dark Purple hair and it's frustrating me a lot. I mean that punky lavender hair just isn't cutting it and I can't fathom why EA didn't just add Dark Purple hair to the hair options as well. Is it really that hard to add a darker shade of purple?
You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^

Comments

• Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Linking isn't working very well for me, but have you tried the Eezo Shot palette? the Jewels and Unnaturals might be what you want?
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    Add a lighter pink shade, too, while you're at it, EA!
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    If I download one dark purple hair cc for one Sim will random generated Sims show up with it? I don't use cc but I want purple hair like the op.
  • Options
    The black hair is also more like a very dark blue or even grey with some of the hairs. They truly need to improve on that.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited September 2019
    You can use the batch fix in Sims 4 Studio tool to disable random for cc - just be sure to move everything out of your mods folder first that you do NOT want to disable for random (NPC's). You can also use Sims 4 studio and Blender to create new cc. (Recolors only need an image editor though.) Here's one attempt at darker purple hair (not mine): https://starssugarypixels.tumblr.com/post/96365519266/purple-hair
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    Did you know the simsray from the science job can change your sims hair color, to a random hair color including multi color.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    OceanbornAngel13OceanbornAngel13 Posts: 104 Member
    To be truthful here, I'm kind of wishing that EA can just officially add Dark purple to the Hair colors with a patch because I am having great difficulties with Mods since the patch and am quite computer illiterate. I mean I really want to create a Sim that looks like this guy in my neighborhood, but as you can see without that Dark Purple hair it's just not Kars from JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

artworks-000269294912-aitgs1-t500x500.jpg

P.S. I'll need a loincloth in black too. I suppose I need to invest in more than the base game and the Weather Expansion. :persevere:
    You know, I don't just play The Sims 4. ^_^
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I don't know about the latest patch yet, but I tend to get the downloads from this site. Great range of swatch colors of several of the patches and packs: https://wildlyminiaturesandwich.tumblr.com/tagged/wmshairrecolours

I also love dark purple hair.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Is there a way to download just one dark purple hair? The base game recolors is a huge file. I just want one long dark purple hair for one Sim. I don't use cc but I do want this.
  • Options
    wheelochwheeloch Posts: 23 Member
    I'd love it if they added new swatches, especially dark purple. I'm surprised (well, I guess not) that in 5 years they haven't added any new colours.
    Anyone know of any good Mods for Dark Purple hair that are compatible with the latest patch?

Would this work? https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.com/post/187090732410/yuulace-saul-requested-recolor-of
    If you're not familiar with CC, just make sure to download the mesh listed as well. There is also a hair in the Island Living pack that might be similar enough. There are recolors of it on the same tumblr, like https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.com/post/185808866600/noodlescc-island-living-ep-hair-recolors. It doesn't show the hair in the thumbnail, but it says all Island Living hairs.

AnnLee87 wrote: »
    Is there a way to download just one dark purple hair? The base game recolors is a huge file. I just want one long dark purple hair for one Sim. I don't use cc but I do want this.

I haven't seen individual colours uploaded. If you want the ones that Scobre linked and you're okay just having it for teens and up, you can click download in the Adults box, open the "Separated" folder and download the Unnaturals file. It's still very large at 624 MB lol, but it's better. Otherwise, I recommend this site site again: https://maxismatchccworld.tumblr.com/Hair. There are a lot of both new mesh options and recolours that have files a lot smaller.

Just throwing out there that with a tool like Sims 4 Studio, you can edit package files and remove swatches you don't want - or recolour your own for the exact shade of purple you want. It sounds a little intimidating, but it's actually pretty easy and there are tutorials on their website.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    We could use quite a few more hair colors, natural and not. I'd love to have a color wheel for hair color and eye color.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Dark purple hair would be lovely.
    Also, burgundy, dark royal blue, dark fushia, dark blonde, red wine & dark green hair colors.
  • Options
    FreechheitFreechheit Posts: 128 Member
    More hair colour options would be fun. Even more fun: Having all colour options for toddlers and kids.
    I'm playing a lot with occults and I don't like that I have to pretend they go through some kind of metamorphosis when they hit puberty. :neutral: I can give them an unnatural skin tone and eye colour, but I wish I could change the hair colour, too.

36946725ou.jpg

36946728hf.jpg
  • Options
    Sid1701D9Sid1701D9 Posts: 4,718 Member
    edited October 2019
    I have seen dark purple hair tons so they exist I have seen it in CAS. It may be unlockable, but not sure what unlocks it.

Edit The science transform sim unlocks it.:

Oops I forgot I already posted the information.
    Sid1701d-"I love my life, live my life and live to play, laugh and have fun."

"Love will Fight, Love will Win and Love will Survive."
  • Options
    MMXMMX Posts: 4,428 Member
    edited October 2019
    They should add a darker blood-red hair colour. The one in the game is a little too bright, whilst the one in The Sims Mobile looks just right.
    gLq4KU1.png
  • Options
    NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    This is exactly why we NEED a color wheel. I remember an interview with the Sims Supply in which a guru said they couldn't add it for some reason. She didn't specify why, but 🐸🐸🐸🐸 it. I WANT A COLOR WHEEL. If not a color wheel, then WAYY more palettes than we have now. Like, for every clothing item, hair, and furniture, there should be as many options as what Eezo Shot or Jewels, or Unnaturals provides.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited October 2019
    NiaraTiara wrote: »
    This is exactly why we NEED a color wheel. I remember an interview with the Sims Supply in which a guru said they couldn't add it for some reason. She didn't specify why, but plum it. I WANT A COLOR WHEEL. If not a color wheel, then WAYY more palettes than we have now. Like, for every clothing item, hair, and furniture, there should be as many options as what Eezo Shot or Jewels, or Unnaturals provides.

They can't because they don't want too. Maybe it would be more expensive, but its probably not impossible. They would have to recolour all hairstyles we already have in game to be able to add a color wheel (recolor to be like Sims 3 with different parts set to accept different colors).
    That's one of the things that they should do if they want simmers to forget Paralives for a sec. Other things would be cars, emotion overhaul, traits overhaul, etc
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited October 2019
    Karon wrote: »
    This is exactly why we NEED a color wheel. I remember an interview with the Sims Supply in which a guru said they couldn't add it for some reason. She didn't specify why, but plum it. I WANT A COLOR WHEEL. If not a color wheel, then WAYY more palettes than we have now. Like, for every clothing item, hair, and furniture, there should be as many options as what Eezo Shot or Jewels, or Unnaturals provides.

They can't because they don't want too. Maybe it would be more expensive, but its probably not impossible. They would have to recolour all hairstyles we already have in game to be able to add a color wheel (recolor to be like Sims 3 with different parts set to accept different colors).
    That's one of the things that they should do if they want simmers to forget Paralives for a sec. Other things would be cars, emotion overhaul, traits overhaul, etc
    Well they made one for pets already. I don't see any reason why they couldn't for Sims and objects too. Doesn't even have to be a full CAST, but even having a color wheel like the pets would make a lot of Simmers happy and not having to resort to CC to make things match. The pets colorwheel and stamps would be nice to add tattoos to Sims.
    0dPSvzw.jpg
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    WorramotWorramot Posts: 52 Member
    The pet creator thingy has a lot of color and options. It explains how people make a lot of pets I see. Maybe it has a color wheel because pets are smaller.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don't think EA even cares if they lose their business to their competition.
  • Options
    JackOnYourBackJackOnYourBack Posts: 1,261 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    Karon wrote: »

Well they made one for pets already. I don't see any reason why they couldn't for Sims and objects too. Doesn't even have to be a full CAST, but even having a color wheel like the pets would make a lot of Simmers happy and not having to resort to CC to make things match. The pets colorwheel and stamps would be nice to add tattoos to Sims.
    0dPSvzw.jpg

They could at least add all the preset colour options available below the colour wheel in the image, several brown colours (as well as others) would be nice :)
    Gallery ID: JackOnYourBack
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    I think they should just add a new row of hair colors.

Which should at least include:
    -Proper black hair. On many hairstyles it looks dark blue.
    -Greying red and blonde hair. Should not be exclusive to black and brown.
    -A better dark blonde color. The current one is so terrible I never use it, I only use the two lighter ones.
    -Dark purple. It seems common enough.
    -Proper white hair. Again, the current "white" hair is not at all white.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    edited October 2019
    Personally I'm not all that focused on hair colors. I would do pretty well with 5-6 base options. But occasionally I do create a different sim, and that's why some alternatives is fun. So, I hope you who do lots of the alternative styles get more options, but isn't there lots of CC hairs out there? We are basically talking recolors, right?

What I would love though is more than just 1 color option for hair bands etc per hair color. It's a bit limited that all with same hair color must have same taste in hair bands. As a minimum there could be 1 solid color and one floral/pattern/different main color per hair color.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    WaytoomanyUIDsWaytoomanyUIDs Posts: 845 Member
    They managed to work it so every Buy Mode object in Sims 2 (which is a seriously huge amount) worked with individually selectable channels in swatches. I'm pretty sure they could fix hair & skins to work with a colour wheel if EA gave them the resources to do it.
    Origin/Gallery ID: WaytoomanyUIDs
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited October 2019
    oh, I am also in need of dark purple and true white hair and all haircolors being available for all ages, also a really pale skintone that isn't yellow- or greyish...

I mean, Albinos?....kinda excluding them there EA...
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat