Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you give your sims a different hairstyle for bedtime?

If your sim wears their hair up or half up, do you give them a different hairstyle for bedtime, as if they took their hair down (or maybe braided it before going to bed)?
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Do you give your sims a different hairstyle for bedtime? 226 votes

Yes
77%
Bluegayleauroraael14Frn0731bshag4lvTootsyim1Stace1234566icmnfrshverlainemKita5399RayneCharleyGalacticGalLaBlue0314storyyCelticgamer0AlexaiHowGreatThouArtlisamwittoveronPlayerSinger2010Mi9shaoscar 175 votes
No
22%
Nh6650Colorist40poemetragurlIsb917MeteoraStormelanorbretonhaneulicftlduzagboorulesLizzychicagoPegasysNoTalentspice3FroilblueyblueskyJultan3LoriTSpDevilNDisguiseChuChuExpressDoloresGrey 51 votes

Comments

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited September 2019
    No
    No, because I obsess too much over the bedtime hairstyle having to be exactly right in style and length (not to mention waviness) compared to the original.

I waste too much time ruling out styles because they aren’t a match for some obscure reason lol.
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    Yes
    Sometimes, if their regular styling looks too done up for bed.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    I have. I don't always though. Sometimes I'll select a messy hair look.

I can't answer yes and no, so :p
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    It really depends on what hair my sim has for daytime. If it's a long up do or a style that has accessories attached then usually I will find a style that matches in length but looks more natural as I don't think it's very realistic to wear styled hair to bed.
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member
    Yes
    Females, yes unless they have short hair. Males Sims, no.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes
    Yes... I choose several hair styles for each category... Only if I'm going to play the sim a lot though
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    No
    ^

Too much effort and it looks weird. Your hair does not magically grow or shrink because you are going to sleep. If they ever make messier versions of hair, sure.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,358 Member
    Yes
    Granted, it really depends on the hairstyle in question. More complicated styles, or ones I know from personal experience are difficult and uncomfortable to sleep on are almost always changed. Short, simple styles almost never are. I do try to keep the hair as reasonably close to the original length as possible, but sometimes that doesn't quite work.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    Yes
    If I give a sim an updo for everyday, they have to have their hair down for sleepwear. Because irl, I can't stand sleeping with my hair up.
  • Options
    LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Yes
    Mostly, yes. Especially if their hair is medium or long length. If short, I generally keep the same hairstyle, regardless of outfit.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Yes
    hyrulerose wrote: »
    If I give a sim an updo for everyday, they have to have their hair down for sleepwear. Because irl, I can't stand sleeping with my hair up.

Irl i always sleep with my hair in a ponytail or bun lol 😂 but my sims i have them wear it down. Lol
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Yes
    Yes, usually, for my female Sims with long hair, no for short hair and never for males. I also like to change their athletic hairstyle to either a ponytail, braid or a messy updo depending on their everyday style. I don't always give them a different one for long hair though, it depends if there is something comparable and makes sense for their traits.

Formal hairstyles for long hair usually get a fancy updo as well. But again, it depends on their traits. Sometimes in the cold weather category, if they normally wear a pulled back hairstyle, I'll try to find one that is 'undone' so their neck isn't as exposed.

For my Rags to Riches Sims in the beginning of their story, none of their hairstyles in any category change. They might get a hat for the cold weather category though. Or if they normally wear a hat, it gets removed for their sleepwear and swimwear category. Once they've earned some simoleons and can afford a mirror and extra accessories for their hair, then it will be changed to something more appropriate for the category.

In short, yes, I try to give them appropriate hairstyles for not only sleep, but every category to be as realistic as possible in relation to their traits and/or story for immersion purposes.
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Yes
    I generally give my sims different hairstyles for each outfit type unless they have short hair.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    No
    Mostly no, the only exception is when I make a sim that has their hair up then I do set it down for bedtime, but other than that? Nah
    Too much work to be bothered and seeing how sims use so much hairspray that showering doesn't even budge it I say it kinda makes sense that sleeping doesn't mess up their locks.
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    MrSunshineMrSunshine Posts: 99 Member
    No
    The Sims 4 is an utopian world when you can be promoted easily and you wake up fabulously without bad hair day
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Yes
    So_Money wrote: »
    No, because I obsess too much over the bedtime hairstyle having to be exactly right in style and length (not to mention waviness) compared to the original.

I waste too much time ruling out styles because they aren’t a match for some obscure reason lol.

I voted yes and I obsess as much as you. However, I often like to have their everyday hair as a good shower outfit (especially for Sims 4 because I couldn't change it, at least as far as I knew) after I noticed my Simself shampooing her bun (no!). But then I get stuck in a rut with fewer everyday options, so I try to mix it up (and I can technically later set a different naked style in TS3, which is all I play now).

It doesn't always matter about saving all that time and energy because often their athletic hair needs to be pulled back, so with many hairstyles that's moot, they'll need at least two (and probably formal too!). I just put up with the extra time and obsessiveness making sure the length, bangs, etc. fit, although sometimes I say they straighten or curl it and let that go. This is one reason having a lot of CC hair is nice.

Sometimes their everyday hair is down, but too neat, then I might try to find a messy sleep hair. It can be fun, not ALL torture. ;) Other Sims just get "limper" sleep hair, sometimes I put a lot more effort in. With some background townies I edit, I'll hold back a lot more.

I probably prefer extra obsessing, personally, hahaha. :D I don't "waste" time ruling out styles (or so I feel, hah). It's fun but frustrating and gives me more wishlist items for TS5, hehe. (Separate bangs! Moldable hair!)

I guess it's part of the fun and why I only like God(dess) games. :tongue: It's an outlet to channel and calm my control freak, always obsessive side self.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Yes
    I will do this though it does depend on the sim. For example, if the sim wears a toupee, I will have them with the balding or bald on top hair for the sleepwear outfit and their other hairstyle for the rest of them. Also, some sims that have different styles depending on outfits will have a plain style for their sleepwear outfit.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,996 Member
    Yes
    Most of the time I do with the women. It depends on the hairstyle though. Men usually keep the same hairstyle through all categories. Sometimes my women will have several different hairstyles throughout.
  • Options
    puderosasimspuderosasims Posts: 522 Member
    Yes
    Sometimes if their regular hairstyle looks too uncomfortable for bed.

Also, this. So much this.
    Origin ID: puderosasims | Simblr
    English isn't my first language, so please excuse any mistakes.
    tumblr_n8pqhqmpdh1th4xn0o1_400.gif
  • Options
    LilacxLilacx Posts: 76 Member
    Yes
    Yeah, I usually give them a ponytail or let them have it lose for once depending on the length.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    Yes
    Yes but not always and not for all Sims.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    No
    I don't see much difference honestly, as when you start moving around in bed, your hairstyle if you put it in a bun on top of your head is going to end up coming out like a mess the next morning, and if you put their hair in the form of a ponytail, you'll start finding that ponytail on the pillow before long.

i don't mess around with hairstyles during bed.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,412 Member
    Yes
    I do it with almost all hair styles. There's usually one that looks like a messier version of it/them (since many of my sims have several hair styles anyway).
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,389 Member
    Yes
    There was no option for "sometimes". It depends on the Sim and the hairstyle. Short haired Sims will sleep with same hair, but I often put a bun (the one that's on top of the head) on long haired Sims.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,559 Member
    No

Exactly this :D