Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

That possible theme/ focus: Discover University.

CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
When I read the leaked title, Discover University, what came to mind that this pack will be about self-discovery for your sims.
I've always played university as a life changing, life focusing stage of life for my young sims.

I imagine the tag line for this pack being:
Discover who you are. Discover University!
The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
Post edited by CK213 on

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I doubt it'll be the official title for the pack. It's more likely just a placeholder.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    edited October 2019
    I doubt it'll be the official title for the pack. It's more likely just a placeholder.

Why do you feel it is a placeholder, based on what?
    Post edited by CK213 on
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited September 2019
    I don't think that will be the official name, as nerdfashion said, it's probably just a placeholder for unannounced project, based on my speculation
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Why do you feel it is a placeholder, base on what?

Cause the leak for Island Living had it named Island Life.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    CK213 wrote: »

Why do you feel it is a placeholder, base on what?

What @catloverplayer said. And, because it sounds more like one of the things they use to describe the pack in its description. For example, "Discover University: {INSERT DESCRIPTION HERE}".
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Since it’s not officially announced yet, it’s more than likely it’s a placeholder title, just like when Island Paradise and Cats&Dogs were leaked.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    Official name or not, it still suggests a direction and theme.
    Island Living and Island life is pretty much the same thing.
    They chose "Discover" for a reason and I doubt it was to mislead.
    If they change the name to something slightly different because it might sell better is besides the point.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I am sure we can count on discover being a part of the theme
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yeah, I hope Sims can discover who they are through gameplay; their careers and hobbies and interests - not through identity politics, which is solely cosmetic in the Sims.
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I've gotta say I agree with it being a placeholder for the EP title.

TS4 has a naming system in place somewhat, so just "University" would fit that, as well as "Get to University" or "University Living".
    DIscover University sounds a lot like (as others mentioned) one of the blurb taglines. "Discover University: Your Sims will find x and y in their brand new education stage, as well as party and (whatever else they're gonna add in the pack)".
    The official names are usually saved for official announcements and reveals, so stores that get sale info so they can prepare get work-in-progress titles for their data. I'm surprised it wasn't just TS4:EP08 in the system to be honest.
    For all we know, it's gonna be a Get Educated or Get to School pack after all.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don't think it's a placeholder, but I really hope it is, because that name is just awful. :/
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I actually quite like ‘Discover’ as the title, I hope they keep it beyond just being a placeholder. I’m expecting it to be ‘University Living’ or something.
  • Options
    suzyl3suzyl3 Posts: 513 Member
    I would like Campus Living and I can see that happening but I think Discover University would be a good name too but it's probably a placeholder name.
  • Options
    I don't think it's a placeholder, but I really hope it is, because that name is just awful. :/

It could indeed be awful especially if it doen't really support what the pack is about,.
    To be honest, the name kind of had me raising a questioning eyebrow, but I do like the thought of something that supports how I play Uni.
    I do consider it a journey of discovery for my sims: Skills, relationships, careers, and personality grown.

Majors, skills, and careers of course, but my sims usually meet their future spouses at uni.
    We usually get extra personality traits after graduating uni, so they are different sims than when they started.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I do not think it is a placeholder title, it sounds too specific for that. Although specific isn't quite the right word, what I mean is it sounds like something that's further advanced than brainstorming stage. A placeholder would be something dull like "University" or "Campus Living".

If it's the real title, then it sounds awfully like "Look, we built you a detailed, believable, atmospheric world that you can play in, but not change much", similar to the City Living apartment situation. I hope i'm wrong and it really alludes to self discovery, which is one of the reasons I enjoy playing teens and younger YAs the most (the other being them wrecking havoc, admittedly).
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    I would like Campus Living
    I wouldn't.
    I want the opportunity for sims to not live on campus for a change, and to have the option to commute to uni, just like people in the real world do here.

Get to Class?
    Educated Living?

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    suzyl3 wrote: »
    I would like Campus Living
    I wouldn't.
    I want the opportunity for sims to not live on campus for a change, and to have the option to commute to uni, just like people in the real world do here.

Get to Class?
    Educated Living?

Well I do want variety of locations.
    I've suggested that sims should have the option of staying home and attending a local university, but that will be a rare choice for my sims.
    I want my sims to live on the campus, or near the campus of a large University.

However, I do hope we have a variety of living choices.
    This includes custom dorms, apartments, and rental homes.
    My biggest fear for TS4 Uni is Maxis will take city living style apartments and say these are your dorms.

I liked the way TS3 University was structured.
    I changedthe type of houseing my sims had each year.

Freshmen year.

Everyone stayed in the dorms, just so I could appreciated my custom dorms all the more in the coming years.
    Screenshot-4293.jpg
    Screenshot-4299.jpg

Screenshot-6403.jpg

Screenshot-4311.jpg

Sophomore/Junior Year
    Sims stayed in my custom tech dorm.
    It was full of future technology and things my scientific sims could appreciate.
    Screenshot-6775.jpg
    Screenshot-6787.jpg

Screenshot-6926.jpg

Screenshot-7619.jpg

Screenshot-7728.jpg

Screenshot-7139.jpg

Senior Year
    Sims stayed in a large house converted to a dorm.
    This dorm was themed for my Artistic sims. It was Frank Lloyd Wright inspired home.
    Screenshot-10840.jpg
    Screenshot-10842.jpg

Screenshot-10843.jpg

Screenshot-2047.jpg

This custom apartment was supposed to be for my senior year students,
    but I liked my tech dorm and art dorm so much, I never used it.
    Screenshot-3561.jpg
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    edited September 2019
    I remember people calling Island Living, 'Tropical Paradise'. That's why I won't write off the idea of schools being fleshed out in a patch or the pack itself. I recall the other university expansions adding something to the school systems despite it not being in the name. They overhauled gardening and fishing, so it's not impossible.
    I'm really looking forward to the university expansion. It's been a long time coming.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Discover wouldnt be a bad theme as long as in contains the whole SCHOOL life and not only uni. Discover education maybe..
  • Options
    I like the name.
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    nucleonidenucleonide Posts: 216 Member
    It will probably be the first in a "Discover __" series, like the "Get __" and "__ Living" ones.
    Owns: (EPs) GTW, GT, CL, S, CD, GF, IL, EL / (GPs) SD, PH, JA, DO / (SPs) MHSP, BYSP, VGSP, BNSP, LDSP, MSP
  • Options
    jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    I don't understand why there's so many people jumping on "I hate the name" bandwagon. Literally one of the first comments I saw regarding the leak was complaining about the unconfirmed name. Like, will you people ever be happy or just live for something to complain or be negative about?
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    jacechu wrote: »
    I don't understand why there's so many people jumping on "I hate the name" bandwagon. Literally one of the first comments I saw regarding the leak was complaining about the unconfirmed name. Like, will you people ever be happy or just live for something to complain or be negative about?

It's called honesty and people using a forum as forums were intended (discussion, not silent head bobbing). They won't fake positive discussions, and there's no need for them to. These things are up for comment, and that's why people gather. It's also a release to complain, no one seeks out disappointment, that's a silly new thought trend (also a complaint itself).

It feels like the thought police are always out lately, bobbing about in their bubble cars.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    jacechu wrote: »

It's called honesty and people using a forum as forums were intended (discussion, not silent head bobbing). They won't fake positive discussions, and there's no need for them to. These things are up for comment, and that's why people gather. It's also a release to complain, no one seeks out disappointment, that's a silly new thought trend (also a complaint itself).

It feels like the thought police are always out lately, bobbing about in their bubble cars.

Okay, but what about the name is "honestly" bad, though? I haven't seen any actual reasoning as to why this name is "so bad". Just a lot of "I hate it" without any real explanation as to what's wrong with the name And there's no "silent headbobbing" or "thought policing" from me, thank you. I have no problems talking about issues in the game.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
    Gallery ID: jacechu06
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I never worry about the naming of games and packs. It might be nice to get 'Discover(ing)? Farming' as a name for a new EP though. :)