Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you like custom gallery poses?

QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
Going into the gallery, especially when you’re sorting by “popular now,” shows a ton of sims using custom poses. Do you like them or not? Why? Should they count as custom content?

Edit: I made this thread because the last one got locked for thread necromancy.

Do you like custom gallery poses? 161 votes

Yes
14%
Elegantblkchina1alanmichael1SimplyJenHimRumiJerrellofallenangel66Missmagoo2TrashmagicOnverserEmo-usagi2187MarkwilsonhappygurlKittie885calipossArzekialMagicalZiapuderosasimsGamingTweetyQueenofMyshunoCheetahAlyssa 23 votes
No
70%
Akl500PCK213bshag4lvNh6650brackencat31Kita5399Mstybl95Icewolfalexspoom13SimmervilleTwilightDebAprilDawnjonilla1PlayerSinger2010Vibseapplefeather2rhaliusmcruddIsb917CorkysPetals 114 votes
Other
14%
auroraael14TheSpotted_CtaydevKhrisstyneNoTalentannaliese39SimmerMarsCandiGir1ChadSims2Karababy52sillyangel0906KiwicantdieRedShoe7mikaHopeyStarrHuiiie_07VanPelt81SimAlexandriaintothehorizoneSharonia 24 votes

Comments

• Options
    No
    I don’t like them a bunch of people use them to show off sims that are very obviously using cc like default eye replacements and skin overlays, so the sim you download won’t actually look like the one in the picture.
  • Options
    HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    Other
    Never mind the CC poses, the default game poses are dreadful to look at. beyond that i don't pay any attention to custom poses on the gallery.
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Yes
    I use gallery poses to make my creations look closer to face, and I don't use custom content on my creations. But I really don't like those who use cc replacements.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    taydevtaydev Posts: 912 Member
    Other
    I’ve seen some poses that are funny, interesting, and unique, but most are too modelesque or cutesy, and annoyingly so. Such poses are quite deceptive because they barely look the same once downloaded to cas and live mode.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2019
    Other
    I don't mind them and I don't mind that people use them. The default poses often make the sims hard to see where as the custom poses seem more zoomed in and you can actually see the facial details a bit more.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No
    They bug me to no end. And yes, they should be counted as custom content!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    No
    I'm not busy in the gallery, but when I go there I prefer seeing poses that I'll find in my game. A pose kind of adds to personality, but I see it as fake when I can't have the full package :) And, frankly I don't quite see thew point of those poses...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    No
    A lot of times the pose tricks you into thinking you're downloading a unique sim, but they really look like every other sim that gets popular on the gallery.
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
    No
    these sims are like the annoying instagrammers of the gallery. they all look like the same generic model and have a description spammed with unrelated hashtags to farm downloads/favorites.
    i do think the poses we have in the game are unflattering though, and we should be able to see the sim's full body and a close up of the face.
    origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
    tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    No
    It’s all smoke and mirrors with custom poses. Then you download the sim into CAS and reality hits you like a ton of bricks.
  • Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    I love them! I use them on my sims (I don't use custom content) to show off how they really look. To me, the pre-made poses make their faces really distorted and they don't show off the time and effort I put into my creations.
    Not everyone uses custom content!

Custom Pose NO CUSTOM CONTENT
    mUhF4h8.png

Pre-made Pose NO CUSTOM CONTENT (literally the same exact sim)
    PIyvEhP.png
    Post edited by Missmagoo2 on
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Yes
    Missmagoo2 wrote: »
    I love them! I use them on my sims (I don't use custom content) to show off how they really look. To me, the pre-made poses make their faces really distorted and they don't show off the time and effort I put into my creations.

mUhF4h8.png

PIyvEhP.png

Agreed 👍🏻 the ingame poses make sims look odd.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Options
    No

mUhF4h8.png

PIyvEhP.png

I actually wish the gallery had a way to show sims like he is in that first picture! It’s a nice neutral expression and not a really distracting pose.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Other
    I don't really like them, I find myself more attracted to the in game poses as they look more like a Sim looks in game and so I never end up downloading ones with custom poses BUT... they don't bother me to the point that I think they shouldn't exist. Kind of a "to each their own" type situation and I don't think they should count as having custom content really because they don't if you download them. It's not like some part of the Sim will be missing from you game that is shown in the photo like a true custom content sim would.
  • Options
    No
    these sims are like the annoying instagrammers of the gallery. they all look like the same generic model and have a description spammed with unrelated hashtags to farm downloads/favorites.
    i do think the poses we have in the game are unflattering though, and we should be able to see the sim's full body and a close up of the face.

Oh yeah those creators that make a sim that’s only using one pack and then use hashtags for all of them and then a bunch of completely unrelated things. Don’t lie, we can see the packs used.
  • Options
    Yes

mUhF4h8.png

PIyvEhP.png

Yeah the poses don't make them look any different. The fact that people are so bothered by something that just gives a closer up, attractive view of a sim is very strange to me. I don't care how the poll goes :D The default poses are very distant and dorky as h e c k @Missmagoo2
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    Yes
    But Im confused, there was already a poll on this. The poll showed most of the participants on this forum dislike gallery poses. And there's really not a whole lot that can be done about what other people do in their game, so why was a new thread necessary?

I like the poses and Im never going to stop using them , ever :|
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    Yes
    I like them because they let you get a better view of the face. I wish they'd make a simple zoom in the game so everyone could take at least 1 close up shot.
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    No
    No. They're like instagram - only the custom content ones get noticed, and everyone else who puts hard work into creating sims gets shoved by the wayside.
  • Options
    Yes
    No. They're like instagram - only the custom content ones get noticed, and everyone else who puts hard work into creating sims gets shoved by the wayside.

So, when I spend 60+ minutes on a sim without custom content, you're saying that I'm not working hard just because I use a custom pose?
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options
    Yes
    QueenMercy wrote: »

mUhF4h8.png

PIyvEhP.png

I actually wish the gallery had a way to show sims like he is in that first picture! It’s a nice neutral expression and not a really distracting pose.

Which is exactly why some content creators choose to use custom poses. It doesn't add/change anything to the sim in-game, it just creates a better picture in the gallery.
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options
    No

mUhF4h8.png

PIyvEhP.png

Which is exactly why some content creators choose to use custom poses. It doesn't add/change anything to the sim in-game, it just creates a better picture in the gallery.

A lot of poses have stuff like sims with their hands in front of their faces or the sim’s head sideways, though.
  • Options
    Yes

mUhF4h8.png

PIyvEhP.png

A lot of poses have stuff like sims with their hands in front of their faces or the sim’s head sideways, though.

It just gives a different view of the sim. I work really hard in CAS when creating my sim. I take the time to really get into the customization.
    I base most of my sims off of real people, so making the noses just right, getting the eye-shapes correct, getting their eyebrows on point, is very important to me. Having a pose that turns the sim's head to the side shows off my creation's face profile (the one I just spent an hour trying to get juuuuust right!). I like to show off my hard work! To me, there's nothing wrong with that.
    O(≧▽≦)O

• Options
    No

mUhF4h8.png

PIyvEhP.png

It just gives a different view of the sim. I work really hard in CAS when creating my sim. I take the time to really get into the customization.
    I base most of my sims off of real people, so making the noses just right, getting the eye-shapes correct, getting their eyebrows on point, is very important to me. Having a pose that turns the sim's head to the side shows off my creation's face profile (the one I just spent an hour trying to get juuuuust right!). I like to show off my hard work! To me, there's nothing wrong with that.

I mean ones like this: XOD1FPF.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top