Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are needs decaying faster after your sim learns magic?

Before I have my sim learn magic she doesn't need to watch TV to keep her fun need full. She's level 10 in the gardening skill so having her talk to and tend her plants once a day keeps her fun needs bar full until I have her learn magic. Then all her needs seem to drain faster than they were before she learned magic.

Does anybody else think the needs drain faster after your sims learn magic?

Comments

• Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Well that makes sense for practicing magic. But for learning magic, I guess it does take a time when Studying a Tome of Magic.
    I noticed when my sims were doing extensive spell casting their energy depleted rather Quickly, which I really love. Magic is a form of energy, and should feed off of the Sims Energy Gauge rather than some Magic Meter, or whatever. It's just you ought to be careful about how you use your magic. I think, Not 100% sure still trying to study it, but I think, if you have a good Charge then you Energy needs won't be touched as much, but don't over do it. Magic indeed comes with a price... dearie.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I’ve noticed all my Sims needs dropping much quicker after learning magic, maybe that’s why the potion to refill needs is so easy to make??
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Thank you both for answering.
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    edited September 2019
    I had not noticed Fun so much, because my Sims tend to be writers, and to listen to the radio while they do that.

But Social I do seem to notice decaying faster - but that may just be my Sim living alone, and not with both parents and his brothers.
    Energy seems stable - if it has decreased faster, it at least does so predictably. I get my Sim up at 6:00 AM, and they are good until Midnight (with a good bed).

Hard to gauge Hygiene, because I grab any least opportunity to use Scruberoo.

Bladder seems to be somewhat more demanding.

Hunger, hard to gauge because I am used to a household with a Master Chef and multiple platters of unspoiling food around, so hard to judge a Sim cooking for his own needs as an independent YA coming from that.

It's not drastic, but yes - it may have speeded up motive decay a bit, OR I notice it more when I am playing a single Sim in a household of his own.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I can't say that I have noticed.. they need to eat one or two times a day like before and make it through the day before needing to sleep. Now I don't usually play my witches overcharged or in danger zones... and some days they just do their normal stuff.. job ect and use little magic.
    I'll try to pay more attention I guess. Sometimes when magic fails their needs drop to half way or other needs tank, but that makes sense to me.
    I'll try to pay more attention .. maybe some tweaks were made overall. I doubt just spellcasters are having issues with daily needs.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I run a very strict ship with all my Sims, and hunger, bladder, social and hygeine are all normal. Fun depletes while they are 'practicing magic' or experimenting with potions, but that's because they apparently think those actions are boring.

I do think sleep is decaying a bit faster - both my Sims have the 'seldom weary' trait and a good bed (not the one from RoM, which is gorgeous and useless because it's a 5), and should be fully rested on three hours of sleep. They seem to need about four hours, however.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I can't say that I've noticed any difference.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,945 Member
    My sim had the seldom weary and hardly hungry traits, she was sleeping and eating more than she normally does with those traits. She was a little bit charged but not much.

I started a new game with a spell caster I made in CAS and her needs don't seem to drain as fast. She doesn't have the bought traits since she's a new sim.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Ohh... that is interesting.

I quite like it, you can have great power but your needs drop faster when you do use magic. Then the “apple a day”-potion feels more ok. The spellcasters become a tiny bit less OP.
  • Options
    celebhithcelebhith Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a non-magic using Sim and I am not quite sure how to get her to become a magic user. Any suggestions?
  • Options
    celebhith wrote: »
    I have a non-magic using Sim and I am not quite sure how to get her to become a magic user. Any suggestions?

Send her to the magic realm and have her talk to the sages there. Once she gains a bit of friendship with one, she should be able to ask them to gift her the ability.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Regardless of either bug or feature, all Sims' needs are decaying at a rapid rate: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Needs-Decreases-at-a-Rapid-Rate-Since-Nov-2019-Update/td-p/8418069
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Regardless of either bug or feature, all Sims' needs are decaying at a rapid rate: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Needs-Decreases-at-a-Rapid-Rate-Since-Nov-2019-Update/td-p/8418069
    Thank you for posting the report link, this is a nasty bug.
  • Options
    simmersizzlersimmersizzler Posts: 36 Member
    I haven't noticed that much, though the potion of "plentiful needs" is it? Does come in handy with these sims. Finally a way to fulfill the needs of sims without cheats! And umm.. I did notice that if sims spend lots of time practicing magic, then that can give that illusion since time seems to fly, and the sages I've noticed their needs don't seem to decay. Not sure if anyone else noticed that though!
  • Options
    ibshaunibshaun Posts: 46 Member
    I was wondering why my Sims needs are decaying so quickly... this makes sense. I didn't notice it for the mom or the dad, but good grief, I thought my sim-daughter was pregnant it was decaying quickly. Thanks for the question and for the answers.