Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

University now seems obvious since we just received ROM...

It suddenly hit me that I should've known what the next EP was. I was hoping for farming, but Uni makes sense, because of all the Harry Potter looking stuff. How can you have a proper School if it isn't coded in and there to play with. So that people can play the Harry Potter characters or something like them and then it also pleases the University crowd.

I was hoping for more education, but if Discover University is it's real name, then probably no lower schools are in it. Not sure how to feel about that. But, I'm sure they will add features that support the Potter type game play. It isn't really an interest of mine, but whoooo knows, it might be fun.

Do other simmers feel that the placing of ROM near University is potter related?

Comments

• Options
    Fallenxroses7Fallenxroses7 Posts: 92 Member
    edited September 2019
    I thought that too kinda, it seems like quite good timing.

also, I'm glad it's just university, not interested in the pack it's just because if it was all types of schooling it'd be super shallow and we'd hear nothing but people whining about how it was a bad pack. which would be understandable.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Not at all, there wasn’t much in the pack that screamed specifically HP to me. And I doubt they would have added other education to it anyway. EPs are not the best as it is, can’t imagine them trying to do more than one schooling system.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    Interesting. I a, not a fan of occult stuff, but I get that this is a dream for HP fans and to recreate a sort of magic uni is really something nice. Would be cool if they added a small magic school possibility for those folks as well. BUT NOT if it cuts out realistic features for the general gameplay, cause that should have the priority. There are enough fantasy games out there and I do not want The sims to share it with this theme.
    Cant wait for uni! So good around that time of the year. Gonna have loads of fun playing this while staying in my parents house for the holidays!
  • Options
    HCSauHCSau Posts: 506 Member
    I haven't got ROM at the moment. I don't really want the gameplay, but I like the look of the decor and CAS. If the new life state is not too intrusive, I'd rather get it on a sale since I'm not ready to pay full price when I won't be using all of it. What I really want is university, so if there are clues going in that direction I'm happy.
    HSau :)
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member

also, I'm glad it's just university, not interested in the pack it's just because if it was all types of schooling it'd be super shallow and we'd hear nothing but people whining about how it was a bad pack. which would be understandable.

The peasants have a right to whine
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 456 Member
    Not a harry potter fan myself and I really don't like the strong focus on that style. I hoped for more classical mages like Gandalf or D&D style. Proper robes, long beards, wizard hats, and staffs. They didn't add a single mage robe in the pack or even a wizard hat.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Not at all, there wasn’t much in the pack that screamed specifically HP to me. And I doubt they would have added other education to it anyway. EPs are not the best as it is, can’t imagine them trying to do more than one schooling system.

I sort of agree.

Now, I don't mind them surprising me cause being able to make a real magic school would be a dream come true <3 I just sincerely doubt it will happen.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member

Island Living was very shallow and they stuck to the theme besides trash pick up and mermaids. So I don't think that just because there might possibly be no updates for other schooling that it will make University all the sudden a well made in-depth pack that would just be wishful thinking.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    HCSau wrote: »
    I haven't got ROM at the moment. I don't really want the gameplay, but I like the look of the decor and CAS. If the new life state is not too intrusive, I'd rather get it on a sale since I'm not ready to pay full price when I won't be using all of it. What I really want is university, so if there are clues going in that direction I'm happy.

I haven't tried the gameplay yet, but it was the decor and CAS that I liked and usually that is not the case, as I like stuff mostly.
    rhalius wrote: »
    Proper robes, long beards, wizard hats, and staffs. They didn't add a single mage robe in the pack or even a wizard hat.

Never understood not having at least one pointed witch hat