Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This needs attention...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited September 2019
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    Chazzzy wrote: »
    He lost me when he said the unusable drawers being on the wrong side of the island along with the island being a different shade than the counter makes the whole island unusable.

Just felt like he was whining at that point. Seriously? The island is unusable because the counter top is white and the island is 1/4 shade away?

For him, and many of us, it is that way. Just because you may be okay with half-plumbed stuff doesn't mean he's wrong.

I’m not with the dramatics, that’s for sure.

Builders are really passionate about what they create, and are a big part of the community. Many spend hours on builds which they kindly upload for others to enjoy. How is calling them dramatic for wanting their build to look perfect, with matching colors and all, any right? Why can’t they voice their concerns without you deeming it whining?

Just comes across as very off for one to attack others for legitimate concerns.

Seems alot of people here can't stand people voicing out their problems with the game and call it whining regardless..
  • Options
    momboqueenmomboqueen Posts: 1,721 Member
    Hes right about all of it and you could say "its always been this way" but should it?
  • Options
    thecatsredthecatsred Posts: 327 Member
    reiureya wrote: »
    They are trying to build content, which is something that most Simmers are asking them to do. That takes time, revenue, labor, and collaboration. I think the development team itself is very rushed to push out more content. They really need the extra weeks or months to make sure everything is up to par.

Modders, during their own free time, after work, without getting paid, made the missing island counters from island living within a few days of the pack coming out.

If this was an issue of time, money, etc. then how does anything get done at all over at EA when folks who aren't even getting PAID can do this BETTER on their own time and in a much shorter time frame.

Why is EA relying on modders to fix their broken and incomplete game?
  • Options
    momboqueen wrote: »
    Hes right about all of it and you could say "its always been this way" but should it?

Totally agree..IT SHOULDN'T be...it really REALLY don't.
  • Options
    thecatsred wrote: »
    reiureya wrote: »
    They are trying to build content, which is something that most Simmers are asking them to do. That takes time, revenue, labor, and collaboration. I think the development team itself is very rushed to push out more content. They really need the extra weeks or months to make sure everything is up to par.

Modders, during their own free time, after work, without getting paid, made the missing island counters from island living within a few days of the pack coming out.

If this was an issue of time, money, etc. then how does anything get done at all over at EA when folks who aren't even getting PAID can do this BETTER on their own time and in a much shorter time frame.

Why is EA relying on modders to fix their broken and incomplete game?

Because they are lazy. Thank GOD for the modders...I am so thankful for them.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2019
    talking of counters one of base game black counters turn white when dirty and im like wow that is another level dirty :joy:

I actually like to have drawers in the stretched out side myself though
    since I often put islands against walls or have 2 so the backsides meet and can't be seen anyway

but i do totally agree about the edge of island islands

and idk how they even manage to use wrong colors like just use the same one? why are you making it unneededly complex using different color? how?

the colors are always problem with this game like idk why they keep making it so hard
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SageOfGlimmerBrookSageOfGlimmerBrook Posts: 397 Member
    edited September 2019
    I actually don't feel like I need much in the way of mods for sims 4, not gameplay mods at least. I have just obtained a mod to allow me to change the weather to whatever season I see fit, but thats not actually gameplay.

And I don't like to use build mode cc.
    Post edited by SageOfGlimmerBrook on
    Sims storiesstoriesstories & Sims builds builds builds

• Options
    Humility925Humility925 Posts: 152 Member
    He is right, there need to improve area by upgrade and patching.
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    He is right, there need to improve area by upgrade and patching.

Agreed.It seems like they don't even playtest their game.
  • Options
    GrouchybeastGrouchybeast Posts: 149 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    talking of counters one of base game black counters turn white when dirty and im like wow that is another level dirty :joy:

My mother has black counters in the kitchen, and that actually happens! Water dries on them to leave a white mark, so even right after they've been cleaned they look dirty unless you dry them with a cloth after cleaning, and seriously, who has the time for that? They show up every little thing, they're terrible. Never get black counters.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    He lost me when he said the unusable drawers being on the wrong side of the island along with the island being a different shade than the counter makes the whole island unusable.

Just felt like he was whining at that point. Seriously? The island is unusable because the counter top is white and the island is 1/4 shade away?

For him, and many of us, it is that way. Just because you may be okay with half-plumbed stuff doesn't mean he's wrong.

I’m not with the dramatics, that’s for sure.

Builders are really passionate about what they create, and are a big part of the community. Many spend hours on builds which they kindly upload for others to enjoy. How is calling them dramatic for wanting their build to look perfect, with matching colors and all, any right? Why can’t they voice their concerns without you deeming it whining?

Just comes across as very off for one to attack others for legitimate concerns.

Well said Sk8rblaze! I guess some will never understand what being passionate means. For sure not drama!
  • Options
    Flexono1Flexono1 Posts: 326 Member
    And now the Realm of Magic kitchens are suffering the same issues... a simple recolour of base game counters but NO CABINETS, you'd think after the fiasco of missing items in Island living the Dev team would have learned not to release 🐸🐸🐸🐸 packs
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited September 2019

My mother has black counters in the kitchen, and that actually happens! Water dries on them to leave a white mark, so even right after they've been cleaned they look dirty unless you dry them with a cloth after cleaning, and seriously, who has the time for that? They show up every little thing, they're terrible. Never get black counters.
    I mean true I can totally just pretend its super dirty and it isn't big deal
    but having this after just making a simple salad is just kind of off :joy:
    SHYohoQ.jpg
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

SHYohoQ.jpg

LMAO! Which counter is that? Want to try t out next time I play 😂😂😂
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

SHYohoQ.jpg
    "That's some bad lettuce, Harry"