Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A New House Full of Rodents?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SuzyCue72SuzyCue72 Posts: 526 Member
    @mw1525 - I'm glad you liked the screenshots. :)

I don't use the MTS mod, I don't think it's necessary since these events occur fairly often anyway.

The rats not only show themselves, they make sounds too, little high pitched squeaks, and you can also hear the pitter-patter of their tiny feet, haha. They seem to like running in under the kitchen appliances and countertops, and one of them even ran up the wall... :o

You can tell your sims to "shoo the rats", and then they stomp their feet and swear and grumble. So far I haven't seen anyone get rats inside their clothes, maybe that doesn't happen everytime, or not at all, I don't know, only time will tell.

I just love that cute little tune that always plays when one of these scenarios take place. It sounds so comforting and encouraging, as if to say "there, there, don't you worry, it'll be okay, everything that's wrong with your house/lot is fixable" :)
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Yeah, sorry about my little joke, the sims are rather attached to their clothes aren't they; this is what I meant by getting overrun by rats :)

3pjRsSV.jpg

RdvWvDS.jpg
  • Options
    I hadn't seen this for so long that I forgot it was a thing! Of course yesterday I started a new game in Lucky Palms and chose the tiny house on the big lot (by the community garden lot). As soon as I hit play a notification came that it had some plumbing issues! Everything that could be spewing water was. I chose to play it that way to give my guy some handiness experience, but boy it took him forever to repair the shower. By then he had neighbors lining up to visit, as well as a repairwoman who told him she would be happy to fix the rest - "for free, of course"! I happily accepted her kind offer and went to meet the people who were still hanging around. Welcome to the neighborhood, Mac!!

@Squeemotastic - That's just because he's a newbie, he'll soon get the hang of it. :)

@Auroraskies - Oh my, that was one skinny dude... I hope it's not because the rats have eaten up all his food so he gets none? :o:mrgreen:
  • Options
    SqueemotasticSqueemotastic Posts: 25 Member
    Hi SuzyCue72! I was mostly annoyed because I had to start over with this sim after I had played him for most of his young adult life and had him pretty skilled up. Decided he needed a spouse so off to china he went. He met, wooed and married a local girl and they returned to LP. And the game glitched. :( Badly. So this was Mac's second lease on life. Hoping he makes it further this time!
  • Options
    @SuzyCue72 There were a lot of rats crawling all over the place.. but I did give him the banana afterwards for his troubles :p
  • Options
    Hi SuzyCue72! I was mostly annoyed because I had to start over with this sim after I had played him for most of his young adult life and had him pretty skilled up. Decided he needed a spouse so off to china he went. He met, wooed and married a local girl and they returned to LP. And the game glitched. :( Badly. So this was Mac's second lease on life. Hoping he makes it further this time!

@Squeemotastic - Hi! :)

I wonder if the glitch could possibly been caused by moving a sim from one of the foreign subworlds to your mainworld? I think I saw something about that on this forum some years ago, but I'm not sure... maybe @igazor knows more about it... he's into that sort of thing, haha, constantly moving sims around between worlds, I mean.
  • Options
    @SuzyCue72 There were a lot of rats crawling all over the place.. but I did give him the banana afterwards for his troubles :p

@Auroraskies - Good, he looks like he really needed it, and plenty of other food too, and bananas are delicious, you just have to let them ripen before you eat them. :)
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm being more than a little fuzzy-headed this evening (allergies, meds, blah), but am I really being paged into this thread to discuss how to ripen bananas? I mean it's not that difficult, all you need is a brown paper bag and...oh wait, let me read over the last few posts a bit more slowly. :)

It's usually fine to get foreign sims to join your household while in their world and bring them home with your traveling party, but I wouldn't marry them while they are still not part of what the game is considering the active homeworld. It's much safer to do the wedding in a homeworld of which both sims are full residents. And I would strongly suggest having NRaas mods in play that help bypass and get through game breaking errors and sim corruption that can happen in many of the ways these things can be done -- those would be ErrorTrap, Overwatch, Traveler, and RelationshipPanel. Especially Traveler though on the ensuing travel transitions.

MasterController can also be used to yank not actively being played sims out of one world and into another as full-fledged residents, but the other sim has to not have a presence in the current homeworld yet, not even as a visitor/tourist, and that's more of a brute force approach. I still use it at times especially when large numbers of sims are involved in the desired world transfers.

A sim who is visiting a homeworld as a guest/tourist should never be asked or forced to move in while in the visiting state, they are in that case a scaled down mini-sim representation of themselves and not the full version, unless again mods are present to protect that sim from data corruption.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    Always appreciated the "Your house has been hit by a meteor..." start. :D Helps with the § in the bank account first thing off the top of the game. :smirk:
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    I did give him a brown paper bag; first to breathe in and then to ripen his banana, they are yellow as the sun in the game.

Edit: Like so, and I think we're all happier now
    LqwL0CE.png
    Post edited by Auroraskies on