Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 University: FEATURES that SHOULD be in the Pack

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    if we DO get more then 1 kind of post-secondary school could we PLEASE, PLEASE< PLEASE have some which aren't geared to sports but to academics?
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    edited November 2018
    I very much enjoyed all the University Expansions in the Past and there is a combination of things from the past I would like to see come back and a few new things I would like to have here is my list.

For the Sims
    • Social Groups from Sims 3 to make their return along with their quirks and greetings. I would institute this a bit younger though because that stuff starts in high school
    • Students should come from all age groups not just young adults. Elders should be able to continue their education if they so choose, plenty of schools offer adult education classes.
    • If you have Get Together new college themed social club types should be unlocked for example Chess Club, Foreign Student Club etc.
    • Part-Time Jobs which start after School
    • Applying to different Universities and getting accepted.
    • Applying for Scholarships (Skill level, Projects, Essays)
    • Scholarships having a name and the more prestigious i.e. harder to get has Sims leaving for the awards dinner. Parents have off of work, they dress up, their hunger meter is filled and the kid comes back with a plaque or an award
    • Memory system
    • Likes, Dislikes, Fears, Attractions, Revulsions
    • Questions like "Where did you go to high school?" "Where did you go to university?" "What fraternity/sorority did you pledge?" "What is/was your major?"
    • Secret handshakes
    • Pledging
    • Toga Parties
    • Tattooing at the Tattooist Shop

Stuff
    • Backpacks
    • Laptops
    • Bunk Beds
    • Kicky Ball
    • Spiral Staircases - carved (Cherry, Mahogany, Oak) wood, wrought iron, Modern Glass & tubular Metal, Stone
    • Bookcase Ladder with rail
    • Sketchpads
    • Juice Kegs
    • Class Rings - High School and College
    • Tattooist Chair
    • Comic Book Racks
    • Magazine Racks
    • Diplomas - High school and College

The Universities
    • Should use districting and make each district based on an academic building or purpose
    • Shopping District with Coffee House, Book Store, Laundromat, Grocery Store and empty lots for restaurant, Spa, Tattooist shop
    • Kinesiology Building with practice areas for sports and a gym, pool that can be used, Rabbit hole for classes and sporting events
    • Student Union with lecture hall, cafe, lounge area and the quad
    • Fine Arts Building - Studios, Student Gallery, Performance Space and Practice Rooms all useable, Classes are Rabbit hole
    • Science Building - Several types of laboratories, Computer lab, Greenhouse, Rabbit Hole for classes
    • Medical Science Building houses the clinic, Medical Lab, Rabbit Hole for classes.

• Bring Back the 3 Universities from Sims 2 or at least 2 Sim State University and Académie Le Tour
    • Dormitories with Cafeterias
    • Houses for Rent
    • Apartments
    • Greek Houses

Majors Students should be able to get their Bachelors degree and re-apply to get their Masters. Higher the degree the higher they can aspire job wise.
    • Art
    • Anthropology
    • Biology
    • Business Administration
    • Chemistry
    • Computer Science
    • Criminal Justice
    • Drama
    • Economics
    • Education
    • Engineering
    • Fire Science
    • History
    • Journalism
    • Kinesiology
    • Law
    • Literature
    • Mathematics
    • Medicine
    • Music
    • Philosophy
    • Physics
    • Political Science
    • Psychology
    • Veterinary Science
    Post edited by redrogue60 on
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    My wishlist:
    • an NPC roommate system
    • part-time jobs for adults
    • scholarships and loans
    • an option to attend part-time
    • active labs
    • an option to live off-campus, including in another world or at home
    • technical college

If I were to choose, though, I'd much rather have an active elementary & high school system than another university pack.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    CeCeDotCeCeDot Posts: 230 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    I want to be able to customise as much as possible:
    Give us a new world - (NEW ENGLAND!!) with lots of lots we can use to place our own builds - bars, cafes, restaurants, nightclubs, museums, gyms, libraries etc (my RL uni had all these)

Let us BUILD and decorate our own Dorms. At the very least have something like the apartments in City Life where we can at least knock down walls, and furnish and add our own gampeplay objects, deco etc.

Let EACH DORM choose their own MASCOT - so we can set up a rivalry between Dorms. (In Australia, we call dormitories 'colleges'. I attended a Uni that had 7 colleges, and each had a fierce rivalry when it came to sports, academcis, clubs etc)

Dorms could be a bit like the Club system in Get Together: Choose Mascot, let us set up who are our Dorms friends and who are the foes.
    Give us banners, and other deco items to establish a type of Dorm Patriotism. Have each dorm member react when they come across another student from a different dorm, eg, the Racoons HATE the Panda Bears and fight every time they see each other.
    Of course, lots more jeering and sledging should be added to the mean socials. Some 'Jeer Together as team' would be good, sort of like the group dancing, but it's 'group harrassment.'

Physical pranks are ESSENTIAL, including stealing another dorm's mascot statue.

Also, include a RENTAL system we can build just a regular house and have room-mates we have no control over (NPC's). (I lived in College for the first three years of my degree, then rented an apartment for the final year - would be good to have different kind of residential options available to us, yes including study-from-home in any world. Where you live definitely gives you a different kind of Uni experience).

MUST HAVE SPORTS! What's a University without experiencing Sports.
    I'd love to have some Sporting Events take place at Uni where the dorms/colleges compete against each other and at the end of the event, a dorm is announced as the winner:
    Swimming Carnival - go to a Pool Venue and have races
    Cross Country - all go jogging in the park

New Venue: Sports Field. Place Soccer Nets, Baseball Nets, Basketball Court, Track and Field (for sims to jog around, even a hurdle for them to, you know, hurdle over).

Cheerleading Skill: cross between the dancing and singing skill - instead of being tied to only an object (dancing), have it be a self-interaction like the singing skill: click on your sim to choose Cheer. As you progress through the skill you unlock different more complicated cheers as well as things like cheering with pom poms. Say at level 4, you unlock the ability to perfrorm cheers as a group and can use the new Cheering Platform to perfrom intricate routines. (This Cheering Platform should be included in the new Sports Field Venue).

Cheerleading should be added to the Club system, so we can choose members, uniforms, practise and perform routines to gain points, and if
    we have Get Famous - get famous when performing in public. We could also set up rival teams and choose how we feel about them etc.

not everyone in Australia has your type of college @Movotti is from the same country and he doesn't like the sports idea or cheerleading his post-secondary school didn't have them

I completely agree. I live in Belgium, we do have student associations which are like clubs but they are not rivals. They are like your drinking buddies and they do some fun activities like sports, but not always competitive. Some schools have their own dorm, but not mascots. Most people commute or rent a place in the city. Cheerleading is such an American thing, we only know of it because of American movies. And sport events only happen in middle/high school and not in uni.
  • Options
    -2 types of degrees: bachelor and master. Without a degree, getting a high position within your careers becomes more difficult (maybe certain positions like doctor needs a degree). With a bachelor degree, you start at level 3 of the career with a high earning. With a master you start at level 6 with also a high earning. A master takes longer to get than a bachelor.
    -compatibility with other pack careers.
    -commute from home to college or stay at a dorm/rented place.
    -graduation ceremony
    -special student clubs if you have Get together
    -people with a low amount of money can get a scholarship if they apply for it, same with people who have high grades in middle school.
    -reworked grade and middle schools for kids and teens.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    teaching job the ability to get arrested getting juiced
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    CeCeDot wrote: »
    -2 types of degrees: bachelor and master. Without a degree, getting a high position within your careers becomes more difficult (maybe certain positions like doctor needs a degree). With a bachelor degree, you start at level 3 of the career with a high earning. With a master you start at level 6 with also a high earning. A master takes longer to get than a bachelor.
    -compatibility with other pack careers.
    -commute from home to college or stay at a dorm/rented place.
    -graduation ceremony
    -special student clubs if you have Get together
    -people with a low amount of money can get a scholarship if they apply for it, same with people who have high grades in middle school.
    -reworked grade and middle schools for kids and teens.

Yep, it will be nice to introduce more type of degrees.. But, I slightly disagree when you mentioned that the Master's Degree took longer than a Bachelor...

Career wise, it is nice if they start at level 6.. But, I think it will be too far stretch, because having a Master is an optional, so do a Bachelor's degree... just that, it will be better to have one so that the Sims can level up faster.. :)
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    the head master
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    If we have to have the private school return with the "Game" only have a twist on the game and be able to bribe or pull strings in their job to get the head's family member into a job
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I hated the Sororities and Fraternities idea in the old games. They could be included in the GTW club system if Simmers must have them. We've had too many tragedies and scandals with so called student rites.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I completely agree. I live in Belgium, we do have student associations which are like clubs but they are not rivals. They are like your drinking buddies and they do some fun activities like sports, but not always competitive. Some schools have their own dorm, but not mascots. Most people commute or rent a place in the city. Cheerleading is such an American thing, we only know of it because of American movies. And sport events only happen in middle/high school and not in uni.
    This sounds very much like how uni is in Australia, or at least, in my part of Australia, and the parts that most of my friends are from.

MadameLee wrote: »
    If we have to have the private school return with the "Game" only have a twist on the game and be able to bribe or pull strings in their job to get the head's family member into a job
    I like that idea.

Simburian wrote: »
    I hated the Sororities and Fraternities idea in the old games. They could be included in the GTW club system if Simmers must have them. We've had too many tragedies and scandals with so called student rites.

Or have them tied to the celebrity system, and completely optional.
    I don't get the appeal of them. I've only ever seen anything of them in movies, or heard bad news about them irl.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    edited November 2018

not everyone in Australia has your type of college @Movotti is from the same country and he doesn't like the sports idea or cheerleading his post-secondary school didn't have them

I think I've confused things by putting my real life experience (which happened more than 30 years ago) and my imagination in the one sentence. Sorry for jumbling things up. Thought it might be helpful to clarify.
    The residential colleges at my Uni were all together on the fringe of a country town, and rentals in town were a bit like hen's teeth, though students did use them (me too, in my final year). The colleges didn't have mascots or cheer-leading, we didn't decorate our colleges, weren't overly mean to each other, and pranking wasn't that big etc. or any of the other ideas I suggested (all of that was just brainstorming for the game). Sports was extra-curricular but very popular. The colleges did have competitive events where we represented our college (like the cross country event), but they were all voluntary and fun, and each only happened once a year. The 'rivalry' came more from reputation than an actual 'theme'. One college, for example, had the reputation for putting on the best plays and musicals (also just extra-curricular). So it tended to draw new residents who were interested in that sort of thing, thus cementing it's reputation further. Besides from sport, our colleges also hosted their own Balls (we'd dress up in formal wear), Cabarets (fancy dress), Debates, Barn Dances, Garden Parties and other themed and non-themed social activities. Live bands were sometimes hired for our dances the colleges hosted. Of course, we all went off to the University to attend the lectures and tutes and exams etc, which is why we were actually there.
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    This is an example of the kind of clubs I think a uni should have...

https://youtu.be/LuBUHB5yVBo
    (I have friends who have attended this uni, some still attend this uni, and are even in this video)

The rivalry is inter-varsity, not against your own. Major competition is often against universities interstate. That goes for sports too, the sports are just like all the other clubs, they're nothing special, just extra curricular activities.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    TiarellaTiarella Posts: 661 Member
    In TS3, we got 2 extra trait slots total as a kind of reward for sims' education at the Uni. (I've forgotten--but I think we got the same in TS2. Too long ago for me to be sure!)

However, the SimGurus have said that they don't want to dilute the sims' personality by giving us more trait slots. :/

So, we need some other sort of reward that attempts to simulate the expanded mental/emotional capabilities of our sims (gained from their Uni experience).

What would do that? New satisfaction/aspiration-type rewards?
  • Options
    @Simalleyaile thank you for clarifying! I can understand that a more American uni life is what you prefer in your game, but I'm honestly tired of the lack of different variations. It was forced unto us in the sims 3 and since Sims 4 is more diverse lately (holiday system) I hope they continue to give is multiple option so it isn't completely American.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I hope they implement roommate system
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    izecson wrote: »
    I hope they implement roommate system

If they do I hope it works like it did in SIms 3
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Would be pretty cool if Uni had cars.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I think they should include Shower WooHoo in University, since we could WooHoo in the fraternity‘s shower!
    a256aFi.gif