Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Premades that age up badly

Comments

• Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I once had a strange facial glitch with Elsa that distorted her cheeks, so I corrected it in CAS. Very rarely do I use it to edit a premade’s appearance. Oftentimes I find that it’s just a matter of finding the right hair and outfit to fit the sim.

And makeup. Make up makes a big difference on sims.
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited August 2019
    I'm seeing a lot of Elsa, Alexander, Lucas and Max, but I think they all age up decently. Elsa aged up with the exact same hair as in OPs save though, lol. Paired Alexander off with Olivia Kim-Lewis Goth and he makes for a cute young daddy type, lol. The Munch brothers (and sister, thanks Don) are a cute bunch of bros (sis aged up with the bro trait, don't @ me)

ooQ1v1r.png

Alex & Olivia sharing an intimate moment on the beach, including son Thaddeus and mama Bella hugging a fan because this save is kind of old and I forgot both her and Olivia were famous 😐 (not pictured: Daughter Delilah)

gOvO13m.png

The Munch kids hitting moves that only higher beings can comprehend. It took a while to find a pic that proved my point about Lucas looking decent and this really doesn't do that great a job but I love it anyway <3

toSK5S2.png

And the adult Villareal kids, reunited at the estate for a quaint family meal. I blame how bad this picture looks on how stupidly long their kitchen table is. Totally not reflective of my skills or lack thereof as a photographer, nope.

SheriSim57 wrote: »
    I once had a strange facial glitch with Elsa that distorted her cheeks, so I corrected it in CAS. Very rarely do I use it to edit a premade’s appearance. Oftentimes I find that it’s just a matter of finding the right hair and outfit to fit the sim.

And makeup. Make up makes a big difference on sims.

And facial hair. For many male sims, finding the right facial hair is IMPERATIVE to making them not look weird. Think I'm kidding? Take off some of the premade guys' beards and see how good they look 👀

And I'll admit that I don't always think the premades look good at all when they age up, but that adds to the challenge of making them look good and what can I say, I love challenges. That and it's more realistic, I'd rather have a few weird looking sims than have everyone look implausibly perfect, or heavens forbid, all look the same :s
  • Options
    fallenangel66fallenangel66 Posts: 294 Member
    Lucas and Max both seem to age up well in my games, I always seem to be playing a teen girl trying to decide between the nice boy (Lucas) and the bad boy (Max) even when that's not what I intend.
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    9uGEDCQ.png

A better picture of both Max and Lucas, killin' it at the karaoke club. Lucas is actually a pretty good singer, with 6 points in the skill. Max on the other hand...

pOGrxYM.png
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Lucas Munch aged either super hot or super ugly in my games. Max and Elsa both are often bald as teens. Pierce Delgato always ages well but his sister can be unusual. Olivia is always the best looking and gets great traits. The Bheeda child is often nice too (unlike their mean mother). Poor Alexander Goth ages up looking like Lurch from the Adams family with giant sticking out ears but he is a super cute kid.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Orange.. Such a cute kid and turns into the hulk pretty much haha
  • Options
    SimSweetySimSweety Posts: 73 Member
    I find that Alexander Goth almost always ages up badly, sometimes I get lucky though :D . I find that girls normally age up better than guys for some reason though :/
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited August 2019
    Christie Sigworth from Strangerville, they clearly edited her in CAS when she is a kid without considering what that would do to her appearance when she ages up.

F7BCrxc.png

• Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    I know it must be a matter of personal preference, but...
    Everyone ages up chinless!
    I don't know what Maxis has against chins or why this particular slider is so difficult.
    Kids don't have a chin - ok, bones are still growing, it happens, but normally teens already have their bone structure formed.
    Where's the jaw/chin???
    Elza is pretty as she is but with a chin she's a Norse Goddess.
    Wc3Z63R.jpg

Max needs to go easier on plucking his eyebrows, but he also needs a chin.
    h1tXfQO.jpg

Olivia is beautiful, still some more chin doesn't hurt.
    bnViGij.jpg

Pierce Delgato needs a chin.
    LdD1Gzw.jpg

His sister looks peculiar indeed, but with a chin she looks the good kind of peculiar.
    wc67Bwx.jpg

Billie needs a chin.
    hzsq01l.jpg

Finally, give poor Christie a jaw, that's just horrible.
    GFrETjg.jpg
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Most premade just need new eyebrows when they age up. It makes a world of difference lol. Idk why they all have such small, thick eyebrows originally.
  • Options
    My Alex Goth usually looks cute as a teen. But then when he gets to an elder he suddently gets a weird mohawk for some reason and looks Horrible (not just the mohawk). I don't even know why because I've never had other sims switch hair at the elder age.
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted :#
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    ladysweettartladysweettart Posts: 239 Member
    I find that Max actually ages up pretty well except for his eyes being too small and his nose being a little wonky from the side. I just make his eyes a bit bigger and tweak his nose a bit, and he usually looks good after that.

I have to agree about Alexander Goth...such a cute little boy, who ages up badly. But I love him so I always give him some CAS plastic surgery and he manages to look good after that!
    I have a YouTube Channel dedicated to Sims 4! You can find it here if you are so inclined!

www.youtube.com/c/LadySweettart
  • Options
    MindofyMindofy Posts: 313 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Christie Sigworth from Strangerville, they clearly edited her in CAS when she is a kid without considering what that would do to her appearance when she ages up.

F7BCrxc.png

Oh my😣
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I, too, was disappointed when Elsa aged up. Mainly because her sister is extremely pretty and I was expecting her to look alike. I don't heavily edit in game sims, so I just gave her new eyebrows. She's alright now but not my favourite.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    any sim I age up sports bad clothing/makeup/hair decisions so I change those
    but I am trying to not do too much about their actual bodies and faces since I often end up making my sims unrealistic once i start (oops)
    except necks I almost always make thinner since everyone in this game seems to have giant neck and ???
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    edited September 2019
    Mindofy wrote: »

F7BCrxc.png

Oh my😣

Yes Christie Sigworth is quite alarming when she ages up.

unfortunate-sarah-sigworth.png
  • Options
    LumigensLumigens Posts: 41 Member
    Literally all my premades age up to be really ugly.
  • Options
    To be honest, I think Christy is actually kind of pretty. She's got very unique features. It came as a huge surprise when I first saw her but she's in my game so often that I've got used to them and once I overcame my surprise I've gotten used to her and rather like her features for their uniqueness. She's married to one of my Sims now and I think they have a couple of kids together but MCC has kind of messed that up LOL. Because she also ended up having kids with his brother and his brother's wife ended up having kids with him and they all live together in one house apparently. I thought to confuse his kids were whose and which ones were brought into the marriage and stop playing the family LOL
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Nothing at all wrong with Alexander Goth. He has an aquiline nose, but that just gives him character. Here he is with his son, Darian Goth-Baulaire, my 3rd Gen heir. I didn't give him an especially stylish haircut, because I don't think he really needs one. I did give him (and my 2nd Gen heir) a kick-🐸🐸🐸🐸 home, though, because I am sure he is used to that sort of thing.

OzFSitv.png
  • Options
    alyssa123alyssa123 Posts: 323 Member
    i just find ageing up process so fascinating for some reason. i often find myself making random children in CAS, messing around with their features, and ageing them up to see what they'd look like. that side of the game has always been fascinating to me, this thread is great
    when gravity falls and the earth becomes sky, fear the beast with just one eye
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member

F7BCrxc.png

Right @logion?! I HATE that the devs edit them as kids.
    First: they lose their parent genetics. Second: They look horrible when they grow up. If you want a cute kid to grow up as a cute sim you need to randomize the parents child as teenagers to know how they are going to look like, then you turn them into kids. In Sims 3 all kids would grow up to have big eyes and weird face shapes because someone thought they would look cuter as kids with bigger eyes.
    Like... if you, devs, wanted the kids to be cuter having bigger eyes, why you didn't apply that to their 3D models instead of messing up with their genetics later?! Urgh

• Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I feel like the developers don’t even use the genetics option sometimes, because the premades with kids end up aging completely different looking
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    lucas munch and max villareal. always liked how elsa and alexander turned up.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    To be honest, I think Christy is actually kind of pretty. She's got very unique features. It came as a huge surprise when I first saw her but she's in my game so often that I've got used to them and once I overcame my surprise I've gotten used to her and rather like her features for their uniqueness. She's married to one of my Sims now and I think they have a couple of kids together but MCC has kind of messed that up LOL. Because she also ended up having kids with his brother and his brother's wife ended up having kids with him and they all live together in one house apparently. I thought to confuse his kids were whose and which ones were brought into the marriage and stop playing the family LOL

Yeah, maybe I'm weird, but my first thought was "Wow she's beautiful."
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley: