Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic - Trailer Breakdown + Official Info

Comments

• Options
    jj_____jj_____ Posts: 167 Member
    HY4IEsw.jpg

That building!!! I can't wait to see the BB assets in this pack!!!
    @AlbaWaterhouse

Me too! I've seen only great things so far, and can't wait to have those and use them in different buildings.

It would be great if there were also new glass roofs of that kind, but maybe those are only made for those world decorative objects.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    edited August 2019
    OH MY GOSH, THAT WORLD IS BEAUTIFUL. Even BEFORE you find the secret portal, Glimmerbrook (I think that was what it was called?) looks fantastic. Beasts.

tumblr_oh7yhsQgcS1rszoo3o2_r2_540.gif

And how could I get familiars, CAS, and is that wands AND hand magic I see?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I hope my sims can live in the magical world. Didn't see much new hairstyles oh well.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @SERVERFRA sims can live in the 5-lot world, glimmerbrook, but they can't officially live in the main lot in the magic realm (however, gurus did say you can put a bed in there for them and they basically wouldn't have to leave the whole time you played them. just know, a cheat is needed to build on the lot in the magic realm)
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    I assume we'll be able to make a spellcaster in CAS, but has this been confirmed yet?

It's been confirmed!
    OH MY GOSH, THAT WORLD IS BEAUTIFUL. Even BEFORE you find the secret portal, Glimmerbrook (I think that was what it was called?) looks fantastic. Beasts.

tumblr_oh7yhsQgcS1rszoo3o2_r2_540.gif

And how could I get familiars, CAS, and is that wands AND hand magic I see?
    We need to find familiars in the world, and yes, that's wands AND hand magic, confirmed.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I'm excited! It looks really cool and better than I had thought it may be. I wonder if other sims from other worlds (neighborhoods) will show there thru the portal too or if it will be just your sim that you bring there? I can't wait to find out more and even more can't wait until it comes out! Did not expect such cool familiars to be added for the witches!
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I want to see more of the world.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I want to see more of the world.

Mee Too.
  • Options
    SimTeenRMSimTeenRM Posts: 200 Member
    Does anyone know if there will be added benefit for having other game/ expansion packs? Like in Sims 3 how if you had Supernatural and Seasons you got the Weather Stone? I'd love to be able to have a cat or dog as a familiar since I have the Cats & Dogs pack...
    Always Remember to Smile =)
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    SimTeenRM wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there will be added benefit for having other game/ expansion packs? Like in Sims 3 how if you had Supernatural and Seasons you got the Weather Stone? I'd love to be able to have a cat or dog as a familiar since I have the Cats & Dogs pack...

One of the SimGurus said on twitter that if you have cats and dogs, you can make your cat (or dog) your familiar
  • Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 1,997 Member
    Ravench wrote: »
    On the Dutch official The Sims website it says that spellcasters will be able to choose a totem animal! Among them are dragons and fairies!
    Btw, did someone notice that snake in the last shot ^^

Hopefully that’s a sign that we can extract snake venom for a spell. :)
    wB2Zykl.jpg
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    mika wrote: »
    I love that we can have a dragon or fairy as a familiar!

Yah more pets !
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I hope my sims can live in the magical world. Didn't see much new hairstyles oh well.

I read that they cannot technically live there, but you can use the bb.buildmode cheat and add a bed the huge magical mansion so they can sleep there if you wish.
  • Options
    Coconut27Coconut27 Posts: 860 Member
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    SimTeenRM wrote: »

One of the SimGurus said on twitter that if you have cats and dogs, you can make your cat (or dog) your familiar

Yes, and you can send the off to search for crystals and such to make potions!
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    @SERVERFRA sims can live in the 5-lot world, glimmerbrook, but they can't officially live in the main lot in the magic realm (however, gurus did say you can put a bed in there for them and they basically wouldn't have to leave the whole time you played them. just know, a cheat is needed to build on the lot in the magic realm)

I wonder, if you have Outdoor Retreat... what if you just come and plop a tent and fire pit/grill down there to live there? Brew a few elixirs to fill hygiene and, as long as there's a public toilet, you're good to go.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    edited August 2019
    I wonder how familiars will work. They seem permanent this time, which is awesome. All of my families have at least one cat and one dog, so I wonder how marking them as familiars will work? Will it involve a spell or will it be a simple as clicking on them and selecting the option? Will we be able to buy the other types mentioned in the official description or do you have to cast a spell? Can you have more than one?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    I wonder how familiars will work. They seem permanent this time, which is awesome. All of my families have at least one cat and one dog, so I wonder how marking them as familiars will work? Will it involve a spell or will it be a simple as clicking on them and selecting the option? Will we be able to buy the other types mentioned in the official description or do you have to cast a spell? Can you have more than one?

I'm wondering about the cats and dogs as familiars part too.
    Since familiars don't take up a household slot and don't have needs, they're different from pets and I wonder if you'll have to choose for a cat or dog - will it be a pet or a familiar?

As for other familiars, one of the Gurus said on twitter that you'll have to find them in the world, but there might be a purchase option too maybe in one of the stalls in the Realm.

According to another tweet from a Guru, you can have as many familiars as you want but you can only have one summoned/visible/active at a time.

Can't wait to find out more about them though, especially the way some of them connect to Voidcritters (apparently some of the critters are inspired by familiars ;))
  • Options
    miss_simlishmiss_simlish Posts: 460 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »

I wonder, if you have Outdoor Retreat... what if you just come and plop a tent and fire pit/grill down there to live there? Brew a few elixirs to fill hygiene and, as long as there's a public toilet, you're good to go.

I think rebuilding the mansion as a sort of boarding house/magic school would be really fun for story telling! Plus you could basically live there if there were beds and a kitchen.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

I wonder if they get social needs up with a familiar. If not, I might have to leave the cat as a pet since my witch really doesn't socialize with other sims. She'll get a crow instead as a familiar.
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

I wonder if they get social needs up with a familiar. If not, I might have to leave the cat as a pet since my witch really doesn't socialize with other sims. She'll get a crow instead as a familiar.

Were crows one of the options? Sims should be able to fill their social need with their cat or dog even if it's their familiar. I've never checked, but I'm pretty sure we can do that now. As for the new ones coming with the pack, I'm not sure, but I would think the answer is yes.
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    @floridameerkat Yes, I'm pretty sure they mentioned having a crow as a familiar. And I hope they can keep social with them.
  • Options
    CrownSimsCrownSims Posts: 470 Member
    edited August 2019
    Looks great so far- but I'd like to see some actual gameplay of some of the spells before I hop on the hype train

If they're anything like the lackluster Mermaid Powers in Island Living...then idk.
  • Options
    SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited August 2019
    Well I do :D cause in my experience they're very quick at shooting down hard no's. So although I don't think we'll have a zombie lifestate, there will be fun curses to play around with and perhaps one of them causes a temporary zombie-like state or brings out zombies, bit like during full moon in Supernaturals. Who knows, I'm curious. :D