Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realms of Magic - PLS PLS be medieval setting world

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    It needs a "Once Upon A Time" theme where it's a combination of the Medieval World meets the Real World.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited August 2019
    Please, yes! I agree with you, OP, and I am hoping for the same. Honestly, as long as there are no modern FX buildings in the background, I can make just about any setting work, but I am so tired of worlds with fx buildings that totally destroy a player's immersion. Sure, you can remodel the neighborhood to look medieval with housing, but when there is a modern fx house right next door, it thoroughly destroy's the immersion factor.

Medieval would be great, or simply a setting with no identifying time period markers would be good, too. Most of all, I just want something that feels mysterious and magical and has NO modern fx! A world with dirt roads, shabby mailboxes, old stone bridges, etc would rock my socks. At the very least, though, please, for the love of plumbobs, let there be no modern fx. >.< LOL
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I would like that
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I'm really not sure what I'm hoping for? Definitely not too much given the small sizes of the worlds we have currently, but I think I'd quite like something secluded like Forgotten Hollow, just a little less dark and a little more mysterious. I'd definitely like some ruins whether medieval or Celtic etc. and some forested areas. I can't help but think they've already covered the medieval/old-world European town theme in Windenburg though?
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not even scratched the surface of one stone as far as medieval goes. Windenburg strikes me as a modern era place with a few older survivors scattered about to give an old-world feel. Sort of.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited August 2019
    i miss makin magic...where you jump into a hole and go to a Realm of magic, where the town looked old and there was Dragon babies..and other things there. i sooo miss it, oh there was also duals witch agains witch.. the town was Called Magic Town.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    i miss makin magic...where you jump into a hole and go to a Realm of magic, where the town looked old and there was Dragon babies..and other things there. i sooo miss it, oh there was also duals witch agains witch.. the town was Called Magic Town.

I'd like something like that as well.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    I really hope it has an old world vibe, perhaps a forested area. Something mysterious to go along with the idea of magic being something hidden to ordinary Sims. And the word "realm" really leads one to think of something more medieval, and encompassing. That's why I think that along with a new world we will get more than one magical lifeform, to populate the realm.
  • Options
    honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    edited August 2019
    Realm makes me thank that it is separate town from all the other towns...like in TS1 was where you jumped into a hole to go there...
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    LMcGE wrote: »
    I really hope it has an old world vibe, perhaps a forested area. Something mysterious to go along with the idea of magic being something hidden to ordinary Sims. And the word "realm" really leads one to think of something more medieval, and encompassing. That's why I think that along with a new world we will get more than one magical lifeform, to populate the realm.

Quite agree. Also darker - a bit like Forgotten Hollow, and perhaps with a perpetual mist - not thick to prevent seeing, but enough to give a feeling of mystery & uncertainty, that things are not as they seem, that this is a land of enchantment where anything can happen and probably will.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I just want a fantasy setting.
  • Options
    JurnéEndsJurnéEnds Posts: 59 Member
    I like the idea of being able to adjust the worlds to a certain style or theme that fit with your sims. I’m more into the garden of eden, children of the forest, avatar -Pandora type backdrop more than medieval as it’s more in line with my over all theme. A medieval style world will also open up the sort of possibilities I like so I would be okay if they have it. Perhaps if the developers don’t make it possible perhaps some skilled modder can 😂. All in all it’s not really too much of an issue for me but it would be lovely if it were possible
  • Options
    NoirStasisNoirStasis Posts: 243 Member
    edited August 2019
    TOLKIEN wrote: »
    I know that it will obviously have to tie into the greater world of the Sims 4, but I really hope it has like a real magical or medieval look to it so I can easily make it look like a medieval world that could take place long in a medieval age.

I know a lot of people just want it to have witches or werewolves (or both) but those can be added in with any pack (even a "witches stuff pack" for example) and I really hope we get a proper even if its small world where I can live out my fantasy sims (live elves and noble knights).

Currently the only way to do this is to make a lot far away and enclosed from other areas (so no weird background animations like trains passing) and have all the medieval sims live on the same lot with multiple small buildings, ect.

So an entire world devoted to all things magical and where my elves could live and orcs hide would be awesome.

I'm sure their will be a witch added simple because their needs to be some form of magic added, although I'd prefer to see it as witches and warlocks with outfits for both. Maybe a school of magic too.

More then anything I really just want a medieval fantasy setting finally, if we don't get it in this pack I doubt we ever will and there is some really amazing fantasy CC out there I really want to use!

UPDATE:

I think a lot of people are taking my suggestion too literal, it doesn't need to be a medieval period setting as in out of time with the Sims 4 - but rather a fantastical location with an old world visual aesthetic. Think Harry Potter for example.

Perhaps some forgotten corner of the world with whimsical architecture where the local inhabitants dress in old style european clothing.

A fun place to visit as tourists - which would also allow the Maxis team to put a block in so non realm of magic residence don't go walking through dressed out of the local style.

To the extreme it would allow players like me to simply remove the more modern aspects with some simple world management and bingo I've got my medieval world too now. But its not a different game set within the Sims - just another strange corner of the world OF the Sims 4 with some magic touch.

I get what your saying. You want a Realm of magic (no pun intended) without too much outside world influences with the ability to have different gameplay selcuded in that world.
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited August 2019
    I think we got what most of us were hoping for! They struck a nice balance between mountain village and fantastical magical goodness. I'm quite pleased!
    tumblr_pwjnrpPqBF1vorh5do9_r1_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pwjjebkD8p1y677n6o1_1280.png

tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    BrinnBrinn Posts: 327 Member
    A magic town that is placed on floating isles... I like that! Reminds me of an old game called "Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader".