Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moschino - went from "never buying" to buy next week lol...

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member
    SiliClone wrote: »
    Let me know if the clothes are disabled for random cause I don't want to see those clothes around like ever... I didn't even watch the Livestream TBH but this is not going to change, it doesn't matter how good photography is. Unless someone takes the bother to hide all the clothes in the pack and do a mod I'm not buying.

The Gurus did mention this on the stream and also, afaik, mentioned it on twitter: according to that, the more eccentric of the clothes at least won't be on random townies.
    And I'd bet that there's going to be a mod soon after the pack's release to make sure none of those clothes show up on townies at all.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Same here.

I went from "Welp, not every pack is going to be for me" to "Better update my stuff quick-time so I can go on the internet again".

Don't see myself dipping into CAS that often but I am so so much looking forward to being able to take good pics of my sims. I can update museums and all kinds of lots with proper images of my sims. Just little things like getting good pics of my celebrity-sims to place in cafes and other places. Family-pics. There is a ton of stuff I can do with this.

I like the windows and the screen, a few of the clutter-items. So far CAS haven't been my style but holy-lama-do-I-like-the-gameplay.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,140 Member
    We were on a long road trip so I'm having a tough time catching up with all the news. Today I finally had a chance to watch the guru live stream from Friday from start to finish. Wow. I did not expect to see so much new gameplay in this pack. The new additions to the phtography skill are impressive. Very impressive, and quite intriguing as I had all but given up on being able to take nice photos of my Sims and their families. The only disappointment is the three Sim limit in what is considered a group photo. But at least there is a way to include the pets. Can't have everything, I guess. But I'll be waiting to see if a mod comes out for that in the future. The different poses and camera angles will help to keep every shot different. Which is nice. The new B/B stuff looks good too. Love the windows and I can see myself using those a lot in my builds. After seeing everything except the new CAS items, I have to say this pack is worth the ten dollar price tag even without the Moschino clothing.

After reading the patch notes, I was glad to see they made a real effort to fix the game. If I update my game I will be able to get rid of a couple mods which is always a good thing for me. But as far as buying this pack on Tuesday? Still on the fence about that. I'll wait a week before I decide. I want to see what everyone says about new bugs before I take the plunge even though the teams did ease my concerns about buying this pack. I wanted bug fixes, new gameplay, new animations and not a lot of rehashed content. So I was quite happy with what I saw in the live stream. And I can't help but think about all the new possibilities for photo ops set against a gorgeous sunset in Sulani. I know every Sim in my game will have a new camera and tripod in their inventory if I buy this pack. My Sim homes will be filled with photos of toddlers, pets, kids, teens....we will actually have a very cool way to create memories of each member in our households now. So I am keeping my fingers crossed this new pack doesn't come with a lot of bugs. After seeing everything it has to offer that will add to my enjoyment of the the game, I really want to buy it now.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,985 Member
    also yeah those moschino logos after watching couple reviews them really bug me too
    hate logos irl and even more that its not in simlish and in sims its ugh
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    I was the same, nope, not my style...but then I took the time to actually watch the livestream and was unexpectedly delighted. I've always loved the photography skill in both Sims 3 and 4, so now to me, this justifies my wish for photography to actually be a career. I love it! And of course everything that goes with it...gameplay in this stuff pack is fantastic! imho.

Did anyone catch the remark SimGuruNinja said about at the end of the video, he said while he was laughing, that they were going to make the eyeball ring available in every clothing category, lol. That proves they read the forums. B)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    SimGuruNinja doesn't read; he just looks at the pretty pictures.
  • Options
    SimGuruMrESimGuruMrE Posts: 35 SimGuru
    SimGuruNinja doesn't read; he just looks at the pretty pictures.

Hey who let you out SimGuruNinja?!
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,915 Member
    edited August 2019
    I've just had the pack for a couple of hours and like the objects very much. Moschino haven't been all that generous with their CAS and there's not as much as I hoped there would be. Never mind. I've spent the time extending the two Maxis rooms that come with the pack to a full-blown photographers residence and the luxurious Get Famous stuff for the bedroom etc.

I've also ransacked some bits of the Get Famous studio sets and put them in the garden and hope I can use them for a few "stage" pictures but haven't tried that out yet. ie: the wreck and the sheriff's office and housefronts. Off to try it out now.
  • Options
    CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    I went from a hard no (because I thought it was going to be mostly CAS focused and I don't do CAS) to hmmm, I think I want this. Just not at full price. I like doing modern builds and a lot of the build/buy will work nicely with that.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I bought it and am currently fixing to see what it’s all about. I’m actually excited to play it!
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I agree. The CAS items are rather ghastly (minus the shoes, some hairs and a few clothing items) but the build/buy items are lovely and add a new style to the game.
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I felt the same way, but instead of never, I thought I would wait for a sale. I never waited for a sale on Sims3 discs, but on Sims4, I have once or twice. I thought this would be the same, but was very happy that they were adding new interactions and an update on a career "in a stuff pack!". I have never liked buying stuff packs, because I didn't like spending $10 on sparse amount of clothing and stuff. I was pleasantly surprised to see the amount of things, interactions, and play for a stuff pack and at the same price. I loved being able to use angles. I love the 3 picture frame. The backdrops were really nice. Ability to photograph 3 Sims was neat. In Sims3, the festival allowed a family picture with infant, so that limit is the one downside for large family players. They can do one with parents and one with 3 kids. Waiting to actually look at everything up close tonight, but for a stuff pack, it's really nice. I'd rather have what we are getting than pay $10 for the pack minus the job, interactions, and gameplay. It makes me feel hopeful for future stuff packs.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    I actually like the ouftits better than I expected, those pants look pretty good on my sim, as does the black swatch of the leather vest. (might have to put the more colorful version on his boyfriend ;-) )
    I had Scott take their twin toddlers to a photo studio where he took some pictures of them, which was cool. The kids sure seemed to enjoy it.
    My only problem seems to be that I can't put any of the pictures in the larger frame of the collage frame.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,446 Member
    I completely understand the title of this thread. When I first heard about this pack, I was convinced I would never buy it. I have no interest in the clothing, that hasn't changed. But the BB and photography options look great. So I will definitely get it. But probably at a sale or in a bundle.
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    I agree. Eerybody thought it was lame at first, but when you set aside the Moschino partnership and look at it as a "fashion stuff pack" it's pretty great. Not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate it and I wish all stuff packs were as loaded with stuff as this one. I don't see how photography can sustain much gameplay by itself, but it's a nice filler to make the game feel more complete in the long run. (Sims 3 photography was the absolute best skill ever and I can't get over the downgrade TS4 feels in comparison, but this update is a step in the right direction at least :( )
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Still not getting the appeal of this pack. Every review I have seen still has me thinking it is not even worth $1 so why would I pay $10 for it. Guess I have much higher standards as to what I view as worth $10.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,963 Member
    Well I was on board from the beginning and am absolutely pleased with my purchase. @Netzspannung has already posted some fashion outfits and I can't wait to see more. 😍

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17199517#Comment_17199517
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I will buy it because of the photography, now the photos of my Sims will seem more real and the fact that they can pose with toddlers thrilled me. I also like a lot of the build buy objects and the furniture. I was skeptical at first, but after watching the live stream, yes I will buy it.