Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Seven Wonders for Realm of Magic

Maybe, in the new pack, Maxis could add in the Seven Wonders?
An average witch is born with a few natural gifts. But in each generation there is one woman who embodies countless gifts. Some say all of them. She is the Supreme.

The Supreme Witch, known more colloquially as The Supreme, is a worldwide status recognized among the community of witches descended from the Salem Witch Trials. While most witches possess only a handful of inherent supernatural gifts, the Supreme is said to be the living embodiment of magic itself, identified via their mastery over 7 distinct magical abilities known as "The Seven Wonders": Telekinesis, Divination, Transmutation, Pyrokinesis, Concilium, Descensum, and Vitalum Vitalis.

In addition, the Supreme possesses an immunity to all pre-existing ailments and diseases, and their very presence causes the air around them to vibrate with "sheer power"[1]. Despite these talents, a Supreme rarely possess the ability to perform specific feats of magic inherited by some witches via their own unique family bloodlines, or which these witches have managed to develop on their own, among these the gifts of The Sight, Clairvoyance, Illusion Manipulation, "Black Widow", or Injury Transference, to name a few. Resurgence is oftentimes inaccessible to Supremes, as well.

Unfortunately, the Supremacy does not last solely with one witch, as with time the next generation's Supreme will be born and the former Supreme's powers will begin to pass on to their successor. As a result, while the new Supreme flowers, the life force of the former regnant gradually fades, their immune system facing a rapid decline in the form of multiple organ failures, disease, diabetes, and cancer until their inevitable death.

In order for the Salem coven to establish a witch who has inherited Supremacy, a witch chosen by the Supreme must undergo the Test of the Seven Wonders - a set of tasks conducted by the Witches' Council which revolve around all seven of these aforementioned magical abilities. Whichever witch successfully exhibits them all can then lay claim to the title of Supreme, and only upon the death of the current Supreme will they inherit the full extent of their magical powers. Despite this, the risk associated with undertaking the Test of the Seven Wonders can outright kill a witch if they do not possess the magic and mastery necessary to complete one of the Test's specific tasks.

Comments

• Options
    Dust_Bunny2010Dust_Bunny2010 Posts: 163 Member
    If you’re looking for an all-powerful magical being that’s still mortal, there’s one already in the game in theory. Her mother’s family is full of mystics and occultists, and both her paternal grandparents are from magical bloodlines.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    I love AHS Coven. Probably my favorite season of the entire series. However, the storyline that focused on the supremacy was very tipped toward females being the only ones with magic. Not sure I would like that being the focus behind this Sims pack. Would be cool to have the concept there but the gender elements eliminated.
  • Options
    smh678smh678 Posts: 92 Member
    I love AHS Coven. Probably my favorite season of the entire series. However, the storyline that focused on the supremacy was very tipped toward females being the only ones with magic. Not sure I would like that being the focus behind this Sims pack. Would be cool to have the concept there but the gender elements eliminated.

coven was an amazing season, and if you havent watched apocalypse, a little spoiler ahead that michael did pass all tests and was going to become the supreme, but that was thwarted but there was a possibility he could have.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Coven was my favorite season, too. And in Sims 2, I usually did a similar idea, where there would be a "Supreme" every now and then. Except I just gave them heterochromia, maxed out their magic skill, and put them in my Witches' Council household.

I don't know if we should have a proper Seven Wonders system, since going through so much whole hoopla for a meaningless role might not be the most interesting gameplay. Plus I'd rather have all my sims have the opportunity to become amazing with a little hard work - I'd just limit myself to one Supreme on my own. But I'd like witch competitions like that in order to prove your mettle to/against other witches. To have a way to train witches and establish a hierarchy. Like a dueling skill, or being a strong witch, or unlocking battle-related spells - you can be a better duelist than everyone around you if you train enough.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    Coven was an amazing season, yes. But it's a world I'd rather watch than play in, so I'm not particularly interested in a Seven Wonders system.

I'm hoping they do something with enough direction to not feel generic, but without drawing over much on any one particular magic based source in other media. I want people to be able to do Harry Potter, Practical Magic, Witches of Eastwick, Dresden Files, AHS Coven, D&D style Vancian magic (even though I, personally, hate Vancian magic systems) or whatever type of magic user their creative little heart fancies within the necessary limitations of what mechanics can reasonably be programmed - though based on Vampires and the Fame system, I have high hopes for what they can program.
  • Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    Cool lore indeed, but underneath it all I wouldn't want something that's only obtainable through generational play.
    I'm not much into Sim breeding, but want to be able explore the pack at maximum with just one or two Sims.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

coven was an amazing season, and if you havent watched apocalypse, a little spoiler ahead that michael did pass all tests and was going to become the supreme, but that was thwarted but there was a possibility he could have.

Love that season too although IMO the female only mindset is still there. Michael would have won but only because of who his father was. I like the idea of magic, but I don’t like the idea that it’s for some reason only representative of powerful females and the males were viewed as inferior or less powerful. My only complaint with season 8 and 3.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    This is cool and all, but knowing how the devs operate this is way too complicated to implement lol
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited August 2019
    I doubt they would cater that closely to one shows vision of witches. I loved AHS Coven... big, big fan and have a save with them in my game, but also love Practical Magic, the Craft, Bewitched and even how witches are seen historically. Then there are people that love Harry Potter and love Sabrina and want witches to be done like that. The title makes me believe it's not only about witches though ... also if they are giving us the title I'm pretty sure the pack is basically done.
    I know I want to play a variety of witches if possible and want some flexibility in my game play. That's my expectation, beyond that... wow me.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    smh678smh678 Posts: 92 Member

Love that season too although IMO the female only mindset is still there. Michael would have won but only because of who his father was. I like the idea of magic, but I don’t like the idea that it’s for some reason only representative of powerful females and the males were viewed as inferior or less powerful. My only complaint with season 8 and 3.
    yeah michael was just all powerful due to his father, i mean being the antichrist he died by being run over with a car but this is the sims they could include male supremacy

• Options
    EchovaEchova Posts: 144 Member
    It’s a cool idea, but I’d prefer it if it were optional.