Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I'm afraid of the bee box

I have yet to use the bee box in my game even though I've had it for a long time because I'm kind of afraid of it. (I mean -- bees!) If you use the bee box, please share your stories, experiences, and screenshots so I can decide what I want to do with mine and who I want to give it to. Thanks!
BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com

Comments

• Options
    MorkovkaMorkovka Posts: 662 Member
    edited August 2019
    I used to be afraid of it too :)
    Then I read a guide and it's actually very simple:
    1) don't use the suit
    2) befriend the bees
    3) they will sting you anyway, anytime, no matter if you maxed the relationship bar - it's nothing terrible, not that yor Sim can die or anything :)
    ynY4jZZ.jpg
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm scared of bees (and especially wasps) IRL but I do let my sims use the bee box now and then, I just don't zoom in too close.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I had one sim who had a very wonderful relationship with her bees. It was so good that eventually, they would bring her back gifts, and if she wanted she could send them out to harass other sims that she didn't like. They love having the radio on, it helps in keeping them calm, and also if you place a bee box right in the middle of your garden it will help the plants evolve faster. I don't have any pictures to share, sorry.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member
    I have heard that crocus planted nearby helps calm bee’s, I’m not sure if this is true though. If you interact with your bees daily, and keep them mite free, they will be less likely to sting and it helps keep them calm. When you remove honey it irritates them. But, a bee sting will only give you a bad moodlet for awhile and it doesn’t matter how many times they sting you within that time frame,
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    I have 4 bee boxes in my nursery. I use them mainly for honey.

THAOUR5.png

Honey Production
    Bees are dormant in Winter, partially active in Spring and Fall, and fully active in Summer. While the rate is cut during partially-active seasons, during Summer bees produce one jar of honey every 8-10 hours. So by 32-40 hours you can get up to 4 jars. Hovering over the bee box you can see how much honey is produced. If it is partially full it's at least 1 jar, full means 3-4. The quality of honey that is made is directly tied to your relationship status with the bees. If they're enraged and have mites, honey quality drops. Keep them healthy and happy for Excellent honey that is worth $60 a jar. This means during Summer one bee box can generate up to $180-200 Simoleons a day (since it takes 30ish hours to fill).

Honey Use
    You can collect honey from the bee box or sell it directly. I don't recommend this - Honey's great for your Sims. Honey is an amazing substance that never rots, and it's perfect for the summer and winter in Seasons. Why? Because it completely removes temperature related debuffs and grants immunity. Just eat it from your Sim's inventory and they'll get an instant happy moodlet which clears all negative temperature effects. This can absolutely save a Sim near-death, so keep some on hand if you go fishing far away from home on a super hot day. Honey can also be baked into cake and a tea that grants a focused buff. These also give you the benefits of honey.

I haven't used the swarm feature.
    Once you're at around 30% friendship with your bees, the Collect Swarm ability unlocks. This special will put a swarm of bees in your Sim's inventory. They only stick around about 5 hours, but you can do some cool things with them. Click another Sim to use the bees to send a romantic message, attack, or cheer up a Sim (makes them confident). You can also cheer up yourself with the bees. But, I've saved the best for last. The new Send to Fetch Gift ability will send your bees to find something and bring it back. You can use 3-4 swarms in a row to have them locate collectibles for you. The types they bring aren't really wide (like capsule contents and fossils) but you can still get super lucky. What is more, the swarms are on a short 3 hour cool-down. If you had 6 bee boxes, used the 6 swarms, by the time you were done you might be able to harvest more swarms soon. Taking care of 6 bee boxes is fairly repetitive though, let me tell you. It's too bad you can't bee-keep automatically but that's the way it is.

https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/expansionpacks/seasons/beekeeping.php
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Love the bees :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't give the beebox to just any sim. I have to be willing to take care of them and for it to be more or less a daily part of their life. I do like it and the boosts it gives, but like having a family in the sims often my sims aren't home enough to really be into it.
    I have a hippy type of sim that is almost always home and has plenty of time for gardening/cowplanting and beebox shenanigans. I don't ever use the suit. I don't try to make them angry. If he has friends over that are jerks to the bees they aren't allowed to keep coming around. They get stung now and then but it's not a big deal. This coming from someone with a bee allergy lol ;). Gotta love the sims.
    fGDilwg.png
    cxWynEh.png
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Drzombae1Drzombae1 Posts: 37 Member
    the bee box is a challenge worth conquering
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited August 2019
    I remember my Don Lothario when he befriended his bees - all the yummy excellent quality honey he harvested and made honeycakes with. Having bee friends also allows the Sim to do bee tricks with them!

But be(e) careful, I also neglected to respect his getting stung moodlets and forced him to "socialize" with the bees repeatedly - at one time, he ended up with a -99 red uncomfortable moodlet that I was afraid would kill him. It didn't, but I got a scare.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    05.06.19_16-48-35ntkjf.png

05.06.19_16-48-169sj3o.png

:D

Body is 5 characters too short.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Drzombae1 wrote: »
    the bee box is a challenge worth conquering

I'm working on that in my current game. My particular goal, to get the honey to something higher than poor. Can't sell poor, or at least I don't wish to, bad for 'business'. :open_mouth:
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @GalacticGal The bees will produce excellent honey once your Sim has befriended them.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    @GalacticGal The bees will produce excellent honey once your Sim has befriended them.

Yay, that was my hope. :)
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    VamprisVampris Posts: 1,127 Member
    edited August 2019
    Happy bees=better honey. They also speed up the evolution of nearby plants

Bees in sims 4 are alot better than the ones in Sims 3, both in usefulness and mood. Those things were demanding and angry
    so many bee stings
    EMrBkJP.png
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    This poor repairperson is probably of the same opinion of bees as the OP...
    vANXMXp.png
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Make a flower arrangement with crocuses and scent it with bluebells. This is bee friendly and will not wilt. Put it next to the beehive and they should never become enraged. They can still get irritated by mites though.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,973 Member

THAOUR5.png

Honey Production
    Bees are dormant in Winter, partially active in Spring and Fall, and fully active in Summer. While the rate is cut during partially-active seasons, during Summer bees produce one jar of honey every 8-10 hours. So by 32-40 hours you can get up to 4 jars. Hovering over the bee box you can see how much honey is produced. If it is partially full it's at least 1 jar, full means 3-4. The quality of honey that is made is directly tied to your relationship status with the bees. If they're enraged and have mites, honey quality drops. Keep them healthy and happy for Excellent honey that is worth $60 a jar. This means during Summer one bee box can generate up to $180-200 Simoleons a day (since it takes 30ish hours to fill).

Honey Use
    You can collect honey from the bee box or sell it directly. I don't recommend this - Honey's great for your Sims. Honey is an amazing substance that never rots, and it's perfect for the summer and winter in Seasons. Why? Because it completely removes temperature related debuffs and grants immunity. Just eat it from your Sim's inventory and they'll get an instant happy moodlet which clears all negative temperature effects. This can absolutely save a Sim near-death, so keep some on hand if you go fishing far away from home on a super hot day. Honey can also be baked into cake and a tea that grants a focused buff. These also give you the benefits of honey.

Once you're at around 30% friendship with your bees, the Collect Swarm ability unlocks. This special will put a swarm of bees in your Sim's inventory. They only stick around about 5 hours, but you can do some cool things with them. Click another Sim to use the bees to send a romantic message, attack, or cheer up a Sim (makes them confident). You can also cheer up yourself with the bees. But, I've saved the best for last. The new Send to Fetch Gift ability will send your bees to find something and bring it back. You can use 3-4 swarms in a row to have them locate collectibles for you. The types they bring aren't really wide (like capsule contents and fossils) but you can still get super lucky. What is more, the swarms are on a short 3 hour cool-down. If you had 6 bee boxes, used the 6 swarms, by the time you were done you might be able to harvest more swarms soon. Taking care of 6 bee boxes is fairly repetitive though, let me tell you. It's too bad you can't bee-keep automatically but that's the way it is.

Do you know if you can use fetch gift if the bee’s are in a garden house?
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,881 Member
    @SheriSim57 My beeboxes are in a greenhouse and I had the option to collect swarm.

nAk8UlL.png
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    No need to fear it. The worst that can happen is a two-hour uncomfortable moodlet :|
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    NiaraTiaraNiaraTiara Posts: 120 Member
    I'm deathly afraid of bees in real life and I avoid them like the plague! But tbh it's kinda funny how your fear extends to computer games as well :D
    I've only used the beekeeping thing once though, just to see what the honey cake looks like. Once I saw the look of it, I decided I didn't like it and I've ignored the beekeeping skill ever since.
    Let there be Fairies! o:)
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member
    @SheriSim57 My beeboxes are in a greenhouse and I had the option to collect swarm.

nAk8UlL.png

Yeah I had that too! What does that option do???
  • Options
    JosieAnglinJosieAnglin Posts: 591 Member

THAOUR5.png

Honey Production

Honey Use

This is really informitive thanks!!
  • Options
    SimmyFroggySimmyFroggy Posts: 1,762 Member

nAk8UlL.png

Yeah I had that too! What does that option do???

Once you've collected the swarm, you'll have it in your SIm's inventory and you can send it to get you a gift, sic it on Sims you don't like, or - I think - charm a Sim you're trying to woo. Oh and they can also be sent to cheer up a SIm.
  • Options
    simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited August 2019
    Bees are awesome in real life and they are wonderful in this game. All they were in TS1 and TS3 was the source for magic ingredients. I wouldn’t mind if in future honey is also an ingredient for spells, but I am really glad they came with Seasons this time. They are so much richer. I enjoy their sillier interactions along with their use in removing temperature effects, in honey cake and in bee tea. They are best of all, though, as a means of pollination. They can really help plants progress in a season if you pollinate regularly. I have even managed to evolve certain plants twice in a single (2 week) season with bee help.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    also have yet to use bee box for same reason
    also can't really make my sims go to jungle with JA because spiders
    like part of me is like yay fun and then other part of me is like lets zoom out really far so i don't see if stuff happens

funny thing is with spider webs from vampires because id really like to use them to make place seem ''dusty and old''
    but I also don't want to use them because those have actual spiders on them so :joy::sweat_smile: I mean realistic and all but...
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free