Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

tell me about your main family

i love hearing about sims families and stories, so tell me about yours! who's in it, what are they like, what are their stories, what do they look like? i want to hear it all!
origin id - theaethanrealm

Comments

• Options
    QueenofMyshunoQueenofMyshuno Posts: 1,506 Member
    I don't really have a main family right now because I'm playing a town as a whole. I guess if I had to pick one, my "main" household would actually be my factory workers who all live and work at the factory because they're the only ones whose story I've really begun to flesh out.

It revolves around Etta and Eula, two sisters in Victorian times who have led sheltered lives and are forced to fend for themselves when their father dies and leaves them in debt. They end up working at a factory for a mean boss who keeps a bat by his desk. One of them copes through drink and the other sister copes by placing her affections on a cute coworker. There are more details in their story here if you're interested: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/963548/back-then-sims-in-the-1800s-stories
    BannerMayNewcrestGradient.png
    On EA forum Stories and Legacies board and on QueenOfMyshuno.tumblr.com
  • Options
    sueplayssimssueplayssims Posts: 126 Member
    I suppose my main family is my legacy family and currently generation 3 are growing up :)
    I play rotationally so do also give my spares stories and work on their ambitions etc. Currently I have 2 favourite Sims, one of my 3rd gen spares and a daughter of one of my second gen spares. They are so full of character.
    Their story is over at my blog:
    https://sueplayssims.home.blog/

Ive got ideas for 2 more Sims that I'd like to play at some point, one was made by my 3 year old so she's full of colour but I'm just thinking of a story for her.
    I'm also very tempted to download a version of nervous subject I saw on MTS and have him run wild in my town!
  • Options
    @sueplayssims "Sul Sul foxy lady!” omg that is such a great line!!!
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    edited August 2019
    I am just starting a new rotational project in San Myshuno. Still in the setting up phase.

Yuri Saitō is going to live in the Fountainview Penthouse. She’s a writer. The original version of her went to the Wishing Well and ended up with a soulmate who was a ghost. Therefore, Yuri became quite the foodie in action, if not in trait or career. I was trying to get her to make ambrosia when her game got buggy. :/ I’m probably going to redo some version of this plot.

The Davis family are brand new. Cooper Davis is a big, soft man. I’ve decided he’s from old money; but really his style is untucked shirt, messy medium length hair pulled back. Currently Cooper is an armature entertainer {thanks to CAS stories} but I really want this family to be my first to own a restaurant. Cooper is married to Clare. Clare is his opposite in many ways. Thin, stern faced and very appearance conscious. Clare is from new money, but wants the status of old money. The Davis’ have a young son; Connor. He’s a fussy toddler. Clare has very interesting traits; being family-oriented, creative and evil. Clare is a conflicted person I guess. It’s kinda like the Pancake family in most ways. I don’t know if the relationship will ultimately last -here’s hoping.

Alexis Lily Glass is a young, red-headed, Independent woman. She lives in the historical, haunted unit of the Culpepper apartments. She’s at the bottom of the corporate {business} ladder. A little time to save and the world is her oyster. I literally don’t know what passions she’ll discover.

There will be one more household, because I play 28 days seasons and then one week to a household rotation. I spend the week of, say, winter then do it over again with the next family. In my mind it is happening at about the same time and aging is set to accomodate this view.
    I just haven’t planned/sorted the final family yet.
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »
    I am just starting a new rotational project in San Myshuno. Still in the setting up phase.

Yuri Saitō is going to live in the Fountainview Penthouse. She’s a writer. The original version of her went to the Wishing Well and ended up with a soulmate who was a ghost. Therefore, Yuri became quite the foodie in action, if not in trait or career. I was trying to get her to make ambrosia when her game got buggy. :/ I’m probably going to redo some version of this plot.

The Davis family are brand new. Cooper Davis is a big, soft man. I’ve decided he’s from old money; but really his style is untucked shirt, messy medium length hair pulled back. Currently Cooper is an armature entertainer {thanks to CAS stories} but I really want this family to be my first to own a restaurant. Cooper is married to Clare. Clare is his opposite in many ways. Thin, stern faced and very appearance conscious. Clare is from new money, but wants the status of old money. The Davis’ have a young son; Connor. He’s a fussy toddler. Clare has very interesting traits; being family-oriented, creative and evil. Clare is a conflicted person I guess. It’s kinda like the Pancake family in most ways. I don’t know if the relationship will ultimately last -here’s hoping.

Alexis Lily Glass is a young, red-headed, Independent woman. She lives in the historical, haunted unit of the Culpepper apartments. She’s at the bottom of the corporate {business} ladder. A little time to save and the world is her oyster. I literally don’t know what passions she’ll discover.

There will be one more household, because I play 28 days seasons and then one week to a household rotation. I spend the week of, say, winter then do it over again with the next family. In my mind it is happening at about the same time and aging is set to accomodate this view.
    I just haven’t planned/sorted the final family yet.

This sounds interesting! If you write it up if love to read it!
  • Options
    NRoweNRowe Posts: 7,898 Member
    Thanks a bunch @sueplayssims. I have done blogs in the past. Contemplating a new one. o:)
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The Kharms (Just for fun)
    Rylie Kharm is the daughter of a world-famous businesswoman. Or she was, until she ran away, dyed her hair, and assumed a new identity. She bought a small apartment in the Arts Quarter, where she met Salim Benali. Later, they got married! Eventually, they decided to have kids. While Rylie was pregnant, they moved into a bigger apartment in the Spice District. I made the mistake of getting one with the On Ley Line lot trait, and Rylie ended up having twin girls, named Indie and Isabel. Now, by the time the twins where toddlers, the neighbors were getting even louder. Eventually, they were waking everyone up every single night! One day, Salim had had enough and packed their things and bought a larger apartment in the Fashion District. This is where they're living now!

The Nā 'Āina Kai's (Legacy Challenge)
    Aubrey Nā 'Āina Kai grew up in Brindleton Bay, but also lived in Oasis Springs and Willow Creek during her childhood. Once she graduated, she moved to her father's homeland, Sulani. There she met Caleb Vatore (for some reason) and they started dating. However, Caleb eventually decided that he didn't want to start dating someone he would have to eventually say goodbye too (you know, immortal vampires dating mortal mermaids...), so they broke up. During this time, Aubrey was pregnant. When she was in her second trimester, she bought the house next door to hers, which had one more bedroom. After buying the house, she adopted a Scottish Terrier named Coffee. Then, she gave birth to a little girl named Kimmy. Kimmy aged up into a toddler, and that's where I am right now.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    @sueplayssims "Sul Sul foxy lady!” omg that is such a great line!!!

Haha thank you! I love writing this family as they're all so unique
  • Options
    NRowe wrote: »
    I play 28 days seasons and then one week to a household rotation. I spend the week of, say, winter then do it over again with the next family. In my mind it is happening at about the same time and aging is set to accomodate this view.

That is such a smart way to play! Great idea.
  • Options
    theaethanrealmtheaethanrealm Posts: 62 Member
    im really enjoying reading everyones responses!
    origin id - theaethanrealm
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    The Swanson legacy 6 (soon to be 7) generations of strong women who have to deal with everything from aggressive partners to Mental Health issues to racism while learning to be good sisters. daughters, friends.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    The Swanson legacy 6 (soon to be 7) generations of strong women who have to deal with everything from aggressive partners to Mental Health issues to racism while learning to be good sisters. daughters, friends.

Sounds an interesting project. Do you write about it?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member

@sueplayssims the link is in my siggy you can click the banner to get to the blog
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options

@sueplayssims the link is in my siggy you can click the banner to get to the blog

Ah thanks! I'm on mobile signatures not showing. I'll check it out!
  • Options
    KeidraKeidra Posts: 460 Member
    The family I've actually played the most are my Mahi'ai family. I started them some time after IL came out, and they're a family of mermaids. The parents are Kaui and Makana, and the children, so far, are Ahomana, Fetia (twins), and Kaleo. Kaui and Makana are soon to be adults, and the twins are children, with Kaleo a toddler soon to be child. Sadly, I started them before I realised mermaid genetics were messed up, so Ahomana, Fetia, and Kaleo look nothing like their parents. I may eventually get into CAS, play with genetics, and copy faces from one to another. Either that or just outright replace their kids. (Do you think they'll notice?)

They started out living in Sulani, but I soon decided I wanted the kids to be able to experience snow, so we moved to Brindleton Bay, instead. I have them on a small, 20x20 lot (Ragdoll Refurb) on Whiskerman's Wharf, and I actually quite like this place. I also like how close they still are to the sea, even if they can't swim in it just yet.

I'm not really sure what to do with them, though. Mostly I'm just the benevolent Watcher, observing and letting them do their thing, but most of the time, when I do this, a story starts to weave together in my mind, based around what they get up to. This did not happen with the Mahi'ai family, and I'm not entirely sure why. So, unlike most of my families, they don't have an actual story. They have a photoblog. It seems weird to me, I always have a story.

(Idk, maybe the issue is me?)
    白雪夏夜我不停歇
    我并不感到困扰

I am kind to everyone. But if you are unkind to me, kindness is not what you will remember me for.
    I am autistic. Wording isn't my strong suit.

Stop player on player violence.