Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why does dinner take so long?

My sims met at a resturant at 11am and at 6pm are just getting their entries - PLEASE developers, make the time more like real life - heck we don't even have the option to complain "what is taking so long to make my meal"

Comments

• Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    You can use MCC to slow down time, mine is set to 50% slower and a lot of things in the game make more sense.
  • Options
    AmbyCakesAmbyCakes Posts: 32 Member
    happyopi wrote: »
    You can use MCC to slow down time, mine is set to 50% slower and a lot of things in the game make more sense.

Can I just say thank you so much? Honestly have a wonderful day.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I shouldn't have to use a mod to make the game work correctly.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    edited November 2019
    I timed it one day at Chez Llama and it took 4.5 hours from start to finish. I didn’t waste much time socializing before ordering, and luckily, my sim didn’t have to use the bathroom with is WAY far away. I agree it takes too long - I think it should only take 3 hours, tops. I just decline invitations if I know I don’t have a huge chunk of time to blow without passing out.

I just read in another thread that changing the clock time through MCCC will throw off when holidays occur. 🤷‍♀️ Sometimes we get unintended consequences so I try to gauge how much something bothers me and how easy it would be to get around it before resorting to mods.
  • Options
    sims2freak737sims2freak737 Posts: 2,543 Member
    happyopi wrote: »

I have MCC but don't really explore it much but I might have to look into this! Thanks for the tip!
  • Options
    SupacSupac Posts: 14 New Member
    I rarely do things out of the house because it’s so hard to keep needs up when it takes all day to do something.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    I shouldn't have to use a mod to make the game work correctly.

EA should put this on the front of the TS4 box.
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    babajayne wrote: »
    I just read in another thread that changing the clock time through MCCC will throw off when holidays occur. 🤷‍♀️ Sometimes we get unintended consequences so I try to gauge how much something bothers me and how easy it would be to get around it before resorting to mods.
    It should not, holidays work fine for me.

It did use to break 9to5 jobs because as the default timetable, EAxis used to forgo specifying a starting time so the game would just use "default schedule", and with time slowed it would start at outlandish hours like 4.30am.
    I used a mob to fix that, but I'm not 100% sure it's still needed. That was over a year ago.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Well first of all, sims don't even seem to finish their food. At least I am getting that bug.

The length of time to get food is such an easy fix. Played sims order should go to the front of the food line. If you don't order right away, you will be waiting a long time for your food. In sims 2, it worked like this. Your sims order was always at the front of the line so you got food pretty quick. I think they should also speed up the cook time on the chef stations. I think that would help too.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    Erm, the game IS working correctly and as intended. You just haven't got the patience for it, and so you use mods. It seems wee bit...unbecoming to complain simply because the game doesn't fit you exactly ;) Things just happen at a their own pace in Sims 4 which is appreciated by some of us (who aren't busy-busy-busy and doing challenges and whatnot).

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    It's like most venues, the more you go, the better it gets. The more you go, the better the employees get. The way the restaurant is set up is very important. Not too big (too long travelling), not too small (causes jampacks). Waiters have to be able to travel easily between the tables. The Chef has to gain experience.

My restaurant time is about 2 hours. The only bug I get now occurs when they finish their drinks, they stop eating. I can make the sim that I control finish his plate. The sims invited eat a bit, half or whole plate. I think it is quite realistic.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Nindigo wrote: »
    Erm, the game IS working correctly and as intended.

I don't know about that. It seems rather bad design for a meal at a restaurant to take almost all day long. If we had that kind of service in a restaurant in real life I'm sure there would be plenty of complaints. Considering the sims is a life simulator it seems a bit odd for a meal to take half a day or more don't you think?

The game really should prioritize the players controlled sims once an order has been made. That design would of made sense. Why should the random townies and premades that aren't being played be put first? It doesn't add anything to the experience of the game to serve them first.

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited November 2019
    @Sharonia Agreed.

It is bad design. For a game that (tenuously) still classifies itself as a “simulation”, it’s crazy that the dining process takes such a proportionally huge chunk of the 24 hour clock. It feels like it takes an eternity for the routing of diners and restaurant staff to resolve, and even longer for sims to nibble away at a meal. Sometimes it’s thirty minutes between bites! And the situation is made even worse if they’re having a conversation.

I’ve seen it take anywhere from 4 hours (if I forcibly expedite the process) to as many as 10 hours with routing delays and an incredibly drawn out eating phase.
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    I think they've gotten slower since the RoM patch, and that's probably a bug. Before that it was slower than I'd put up with in reality but fine for my sims. Now they can order their food when they're barely hungry and maybe get it before they starve.
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    @Sharonia Oh, my bad. I understood it as in making a meal at home - not at restaurants. My avatar Sim has been dining out a few times lately and it seemed that the smaller places served the meals quicker than the bigger ones (with room for more guests). Chefs with little cooking experience are slower to cook as well. The worst ever was at Chéz Llama one time - I had my Sim leave because they sat and waited half a day.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I don't think I've ever had it take more than 4 hours for sims to dine out, usually it's about 2 hours.

As soon as they arrive, I select their table. Then order their meal from a waiter.
    Usually 2-3 other tables get served before them, giving tome for my sims to chat, and use the loo.
    Eating takes about as long as waiting for their meal took. They're too busy waving their arms around while the talk. :/

AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    Skyoasis22Skyoasis22 Posts: 44 Member
    http://modthesims.info/d/533026/time-speed-changer-change-the-game-clock-speed-updated-for-get-together.html enjoy! :smiley: