Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Battle of the Bands Returns!!

ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,367 Member
Have you created a band or a singer that you adore? Well there's a new contest at SimsFilmFest with no machinima involved! (Well you CAN make machinima if you want to but you don't have to and most people don't)

All you have to do is create a band or solo singer that is not based on an actual real life band or solo singer! Give them a cool name, snap some pics and enter! You can go so far as to create promotional materials for your band, set up a social media account for them and a band tour schedule...or not! Up to you. Looking forward to seeing what all you creative minds come up with using The Sims 3.

BATTLE OF THE BANDS ENTRY LINK AND RULES

What you'll need to create: A poster, an album/CD cover (track listing optional), magazine cover, playbill, advert (your band advertising something), photos, a music video (if you want to), an interview (answer the questions sent by SFF in your band's voice, and any other promo material you want to make, this includes things like social media pages or websites to promote your band.

P.S. Did you know SimsFilmFest started out as a 'Sims 3 only' event? I did not know that until today. Now you can use any version of the Sims!
Post edited by ZeeGee on

Comments

• Options
    @emorrill I would love to see Sam and Emma as a duet!
  • Options
    GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    Oh another competition! I loved the last one.
  • Options
    CravenLestatCravenLestat Posts: 13,735 Member
    I might could come up with something kewl :smirk:

No you cant see my band member yet,jeesh ZeeGee you have no patience

:p

I Play Sims 3 On A Potato

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    EveechuEveechu Posts: 2 New Member
    I am new to all this.. but this sounds super cool!
  • Options
    thuggishsplicerthuggishsplicer Posts: 1,747 Member
    I love it! I'll check if my singer Ariel is available.
  • Options
    @CravenLestat You are the first person I thought of who could really rock this! Want to see your entry....NOW! :)

@GraceyManor @Eveechu @thuggishsplicer Looking forward to seeing your entries too!
  • Options
    My first idea

JANN2SX.png

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat :hushed: 3 sirens....they're gonna be superstars
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    @ZeeGee Short Backstory of the 3 Sirens

The names are

Malice (Lead vocals guitarist,cherry red hair)

Marionette (White Hair, Drummer)

Belladonna (Black hair,keyboards)

They are under investigation by police for missing person cases somehow connected to their concerts.Truth is all three are vampires who lure men with their metal music and good looks.They prey on stragglers and out of towners and feed on them.Sometimes a backstage pass is the last thing you wanted.

Did not want glowing eyes just for that photo but that is skin tone am shooting for not the grey look

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @CravenLestat I would really really hate to go up against those 3 in the battle of the bands. :lol: Love their backstory and they're all gorgeous of course. We expect nothing less from you. :)
  • Options
    GLEichholzGLEichholz Posts: 129 Member
    This was always been a fun competition that the participants have always gotten behind in role playing their bands across social media accounts. We're hoping to bring it back between on a yearly basis. There is an article about Battle of the Bands on the front of the SimsFilmFest website that has links to previous magazines we've put together for the bands.

The Battle of the Bands page has also been updated. We are now ready to accept posters and other promotional materials.

Hope to see everyone there!
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Are you gonna enter?!
  • Options
    Hi @ZeeGee I dont know that was just a quick lil idea I had.

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    edited July 2019
    Great thread, @ZeeGee :) Don't know how to enter, though. Especially if you have to write pages and pages of background. IDK if I have the time!

So cool, @CravenLestat :) You should definitely enter!

The Decora Girls
    iw3s0l.jpg?zoom=2

A video I made with pictures from Shang Simla. The Dekora Girls starts at 1:53
    And IDC, Taïga's band
    poster-idc.jpg
    tgw02-35-20.jpg
    idc-poster1.png

I almost forgot Fjord! Edit to add her...

29-e28093-05-fjord-warbler-ocean-view-apt.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @jillbg I know the secret identity of the Decora Girls :love:

Sun Young Kim

Rei Matsuri

Hui Young Kim

DfydFiZ.gif
  • Options
    @jillbg You don’t have to do that! Some people have but it’s not necessary to enter. I love the Decora Girls! The other band and the singer are awesome pics too. Wonder if you can do multiple entries? Let me ask Jorgha.

I think it’s pretty simple to enter, just upload your poster. Let me have a look
  • Options
    Ok go to my link on the first post, click on the Battle of the Bands link on the right, then click on entry form at the top. :) I’ll change the top post later when I’m on my puter.
  • Options
    Hi @ZeeGee I dont know that was just a quick lil idea I had.

@CravenLestat That was a quick lil idea?! Please enter! The SimsFilmFest world will love the 3 Sirens!
  • Options
    @CravenLestat Have you got a backstage pass? ;)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    @ZeeGee I thought it was more complicated! :) I'll wait to hear from you about multiple entries, otherwise I'll have to pick one... :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    jillbg wrote: »
    @CravenLestat Have you got a backstage pass? ;)
    :lol:

@jillbg Just got clarification, only one entry each! And there are some additional requirements but it's all artwork except for the interview. (You just answer some questions in your band's voice) I'm going to add a link to the entry link and the rules to the first post.
  • Options
    Thanks, @ZeeGee :)
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    I have a question. I was reading the rules and after "You are required to create the following for your band/artist." you show a list of items. Should I create some or all of those?
  • Options
    @thuggishsplicer The requirements are a poster, an album/CD cover, a magazine cover, a playbill, advert (your band advertising something), photos, and an interview (answer the questions sent by SFF in your band's voice. The other things, machinima, social media pages, are extras that you can do if you want to but don't have to.
  • Options
    @ZeeGee Thanks for the answer! I understood right, then.
    Luckily I found some key screenshots and saves. I'll see what I can do without pose packs.