Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

deleting certain items in game i don't want - is that a thing?

Hello! Im hoping Im posting this in the right sub...
So, I have LOTS of items (specifically CAS items) that I never ever use. I hate seeing them, and I think that every little thing I can delete from my game will have a better effect to my hard drive haha
for example, I never use the base game pants. theyre so ugly and crooked. they just look awful - Id like to delete those. is it possible?
tried to google it, didn't find anything that helps...
please tell me its an option:( i hate having stuff I hate in my game

-Yarden.

Comments

• Options
    WainwrongWainwrong Posts: 89 Member
    I don't think you can delete them
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    Yardenro wrote: »
    Hello! Im hoping Im posting this in the right sub...
    So, I have LOTS of items (specifically CAS items) that I never ever use. I hate seeing them, and I think that every little thing I can delete from my game will have a better effect to my hard drive haha
    for example, I never use the base game pants. theyre so ugly and crooked. they just look awful - Id like to delete those. is it possible?
    tried to google it, didn't find anything that helps...
    please tell me its an option:( i hate having stuff I hate in my game

I believe that, at best, you can use mods to hide or to ban the use of those unwanted objects. They cannot be removed from the game.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    YardenroYardenro Posts: 376 Member
    oh god i hate them so much!!! i was thinking maybe theres a way I could detect them by code or something...
    that sucks:(
    thank you for your replies!

-Yarden.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    I wish. I would strongly consider buying this next stuff pack just for the photographer career, but based on what the brand is like IRL, the clothes are going to look like hot garbage, and I don't want them randomly appearing all over the world.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    I do believe MC Command Center has a modular that will do what you are asking. "The MC Dresser module contains functionality specifically oriented to creating a list of items wanted (white-list) or not wanted (black-list) within your Sim community." It does not affect CAS per say but those random generated townies will look sharper. When kids age up they will not have such crazy outfits because you have blacklisted the stuff you do not like. For me it's just a lot of busy work and I have not personally used it. I just right click and delete irritating townies lol. Also a function of MC Command Center or I just jump into CAS and fix my Sims when they age up with bad outfits.
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    edited July 2019
    It's not, but it should be.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited July 2019
    No you cannot delete Maxis made items as they are in the game data and the game would see your game missing stuff and you'd encounter issues (corruption) and need a repair because you game data and Maxis content was not the same. We have never been able to delete Maxis made content because as I said it is in the game data.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    thank you all for your replies!

-Yarden.
  • Options
    joyofliving37joyofliving37 Posts: 106 Member
    edited July 2019
    I don’t know if this is exactly what you are looking for, but I hide build and CAS items all the time. You just need to download Sims 4 Studio if you don’t have it already. Not sure if it will improve your game’s performance since the objects will be in a hidden objects folder in your mods folder. But you won’t have to see the objects in your game anymore.

Here is the tutorial for hiding CAS objects:
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/5781/hide-certain-items-cas-catalogue

This one is for hiding build objects:
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/1246/hide-object-catalog
    Post edited by joyofliving37 on
  • Options
    ooooohh thank you @joyofliving37

-Yarden.
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    The closest you could get would be disabling entire packs: