Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How can I make my sim give birth to a baby girl?

SimsInHogwartsSimsInHogwarts Posts: 57 Member
Hi everyone :)
I've been playing my sims family for a while (Currently in 5th generation) and I came across a problem (or bug? Idk). My sim is pregnant and I have saved the game a few hours before she gives birth. The thing is, she only gives birth to baby boy. I exited the game without saving and played again multiple times, I fed her strawberries, made her listen to pop music and etc, but the result remains the same. I've already had a lot of boys in the previous generations, I wanna have a girl already. I never actually had a problem with this on different families, until now. Can I fix this somehow?
Thanks!
Post edited by SimsInHogwarts on

Comments

• Options
    ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    You might have saved too close to her giving birth for the strawberries and pop music to work. Worse case scenerio, take the kid into cas as a toddler and change them to a girl.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Actually @SimsInHogwarts I've noticed my sims mostly giving birth to boys as well despite feeding them strawberries. I thought maybe I didn't give them enough. Now I'm kinda wondering if others have experienced something similar to us .. ?
  • Options
    ChelleJo wrote: »
    You might have saved too close to her giving birth for the strawberries and pop music to work. Worse case scenerio, take the kid into cas as a toddler and change them to a girl.

I thought about it as well. But I've done it before, and the gender eventually changed when she went into labor. Thank you anyway! :)
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Actually @SimsInHogwarts I've noticed my sims mostly giving birth to boys as well despite feeding them strawberries. I thought maybe I didn't give them enough. Now I'm kinda wondering if others have experienced something similar to us .. ?

Could be, although I've read that this always works. Also my brother who plays another family in town fed his sim strawberries and had a baby girl with the first try. Idk what's wrong honestly, I've been trying for like an hour and I am getting frustrated :lol:
  • Options
    Hmmmmmm that is strange! I've never had any issues with this either before. But usually 1-2 strawberries max did the trick shortly before birth. How many did your brother feed them? Maybe there's a magic number xD
  • Options
    Hmmmmmm that is strange! I've never had any issues with this either before. But usually 1-2 strawberries max did the trick shortly before birth. How many did your brother feed them? Maybe there's a magic number xD

Idk, but I legit fed her 9 strawberries while listening to pop music, what else does she want anyway? 😂😂
  • Options
    I don't know either, it's like they're boy-sessed! :(

Plus, the worst of it is that my sims do not only love to have boys lately, oh no, they all need twin boys. So I have to go and populate the world with toddler girls cause otherwise, all the twins have no one to marry xD
  • Options
    PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    You can always change it in MCCC if you want to go the cheaty, mod route. You can set the gender and the amount of babies you want her to have too.
  • Options

Plus, the worst of it is that my sims do not only love to have boys lately, oh no, they all need twin boys. So I have to go and populate the world with toddler girls cause otherwise, all the twins have no one to marry xD

Oh wow, now that might be a problem after a while 😂
    However, I am happy to announce that after an hour of trying, she finally gave birth to a baby girl! I almost couldn't believe it :blush:
  • Options
    You can always change it in MCCC if you want to go the cheaty, mod route. You can set the gender and the amount of babies you want her to have too.

Thank you, although I wouldn't really prefer that since I'm afraid it will ruin my game (I even use mods with caution). The problem got fixed now anyway, so I'm pretty glad about it! :blush:
  • Options

Oh wow, now that might be a problem after a while 😂
    However, I am happy to announce that after an hour of trying, she finally gave birth to a baby girl! I almost couldn't believe it :blush:

Congratz on the new addition <3

Also MCCC (the mod @PlayerSinger2010) suggested is super safe and incredibly useful. I don't use it all the time but it most likely wouldn't ruin your game! But since the problem's solved, all is well :D
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    I've been playing my sims family for a while (Currently in 5th generation) and I came across a problem (or bug? Idk). My sim is pregnant and I have saved the game a few hours before she gives birth. The thing is, she only gives birth to baby boy. I exited the game without saving and played again multiple times, I fed her strawberries, made her listen to pop music and etc, but the result remains the same. I've already had a lot of boys in the previous generations, I wanna have a girl already. I never actually had a problem with this on different families, until now. Can I fix this somehow?
    Thanks!

I have the opposite issue with one of my saves. Parents had a daughter first: Fine. A second daughter was born the day the first one became a child: Fine. A THIRD daughter was born shortly after the second became a toddler: Oh boy. And now: Mom's pregnant with TWIN GIRLS! *delete save*
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Yeah sometimes the game gets really boy or girl happy. I had four saves and every child born in each save was a boy (well one I turned into a girl because I was annoyed). I was going nuts because my legacy gave birth to three boys. Finally the pattern broke and I’ve had a better mix but that was a rough period of time.
  • Options
    HillyBeth wrote: »
    Thanks!

I have the opposite issue with one of my saves. Parents had a daughter first: Fine. A second daughter was born the day the first one became a child: Fine. A THIRD daughter was born shortly after the second became a toddler: Oh boy. And now: Mom's pregnant with TWIN GIRLS! *delete save*

Oh man, that sounds just as frustrating!
  • Options
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Yeah sometimes the game gets really boy or girl happy. I had four saves and every child born in each save was a boy (well one I turned into a girl because I was annoyed). I was going nuts because my legacy gave birth to three boys. Finally the pattern broke and I’ve had a better mix but that was a rough period of time.

Good thing the pattern broke, I actually like variety, therefore don't want to only play boys or girls.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    My Sim family just had triplet girls. They live in a house on a ley line.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    My 100 baby family we had 15 girls in a row after a 7 boy streak haha.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Yeah, my game is in girls mode in one save. In one household I'm about to CAS the baby if it's a girl, cause they need a boy - they got three girls in a row, and there is just only so much room in the house! Funny how that happens.
  • Options
    My Sim family just had triplet girls. They live in a house on a ley line.

This happened to me once as well! But it was a year ago, I don't remember what happened to that family lol. I just remember that it was really hard to manage triplets :tired_face: