Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are these details new?

I know the June patch fixed and added smaller stuff, beyond what was listed in the patch notes.

Lately my sims can choose between walking and jogging, which is something I've wanted for so long.

The world view household menu bottom-left seems to contain more info and is already my favorite access to any household. Finally, it's possible to see which household member is at home, without knowing the name of each and every lot...

And, in San Myshuno, there is a small sub-listing of what househoulds exist on each address, and also how many units that are vacant. Earlier I had to click to oåpen this info, but now I can just point at the address. Cool!

Did you notice other smaller adjustments that makes gaming easier?
Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg

Comments

• Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,179 Member
    I'm not sure about the walking/jogging, but the other things you mentioned have been around for quite some time.

One thing I really appreciate is the remove all terrain paint feature they added alongside terrain manipulation. It's so much easier than having to erase things manually. Downside is that if you completely bulldoze a lot, it doesn't remove terrain paint anymore, you have to use the new button for that.
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Being able to choose "Jog Here" instead of "Walk Here" is related to the fitness skill.
    I think it's unlocked at level 2 Fitness.
    And it's only able to be picked if the point you're walking to isn't too close.
    If you click too closeby your only option will still be "Walk here".
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,745 Member
    I'm not sure about the walking/jogging, but the other things you mentioned have been around for quite some time.

One thing I really appreciate is the remove all terrain paint feature they added alongside terrain manipulation. It's so much easier than having to erase things manually. Downside is that if you completely bulldoze a lot, it doesn't remove terrain paint anymore, you have to use the new button for that.

Hm, this makes me wonder what else I have not seen in my game... It's strange that games can be different, I did nort get Strangerville, but I did get Get Famous so my updates are not that old although I normally play off line.

I don't bulldoze lots often, so I'm not very familiar with those options.
  • Options
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Being able to choose "Jog Here" instead of "Walk Here" is related to the fitness skill.
    I think it's unlocked at level 2 Fitness.
    And it's only able to be picked if the point you're walking to isn't too close.
    If you click too closeby your only option will still be "Walk here".

Thanks! I had no idea about this!!! I'm often making videos, and the sims running to where I send them has ruined soooo many scenes. Weird that fitness skill is needed to justf walk instead of jogging, but from now on all my "actors" will need 2 in fitness, for sure! :)
  • Options
    damagedlostbrokendamagedlostbroken Posts: 293 Member
    If you're interested, there is a thread in here called, "Things You Didn't Know". It should be bookmarked at the top of the general discussion page. You can get lost in there for days reading all of the things people have found!
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,045 Member
    Don't know about those features, but discovered today the 'welcome wagon' no longer works.
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Don't know about those features, but discovered today the 'welcome wagon' no longer works.

I'm not exactly sad about that lol. My sims always hate the fruitcake and get a negative moodlet for ages because of it.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,045 Member
    Depends on who makes the fruitcake. Most of the time it's bad, but now and then the quality is excellent & sims get a positive moodlet. Can't remember who makes the good stuff.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,534 Member

Sad. Something else broken from the patch. It works in Sulani.
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Weird, the welcome wagon seems to work okay in my game (I don’t always get one, but that’s nothing new.)
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've been rotating play with the premades, both in the islands and around the game and the welcome wagon is definitely still coming for me. I've had it come in Windenburg and just now in Oasis Springs.
    Back on topic for things I've noticed... I've been playing differently since Strangerville dropped and now I'm playing the islands and basically all around the worlds.
    One thing I've noticed and it could have happened before this patch is there is no more too much food mess in the parks and areas near residents. I guess some sims have learned to control themselves.
    I also noticed that (and noticed this because of the welcome wagons) When my sim makes food for everyone and calls them to the meal they all stay seated and eat. Frankly I haven't had the musical chairs problems as much as some folks but I was just taking note that it seemed .. controlled.
    Now if my sim hadn't gone to cut up food in the bathroom I would have be really happy..
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I've been to the spice and romance festivals a few times also and thank goodness the floating and misplaced plants are gone. I can screenshot again in these areas again.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Speaking of details, has anyone tried making their Sim change their outfit while swimming?
    They do a sort of rolling dive, kind of like how it looks like when a mermaid walks into the ocean from the beach.

I don't remember making my Sims change clothes while swimming before, but I feel like this was a change from the pre-IL patch, as you can see this even without Island Living itself installed.
  • Options
    If you're interested, there is a thread in here called, "Things You Didn't Know". It should be bookmarked at the top of the general discussion page. You can get lost in there for days reading all of the things people have found!

Thanks for pointing that out. I'll browse trhat thread fo sure. Too long to read all though, but love learning more!
  • Options
    edited July 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Speaking of details, has anyone tried making their Sim change their outfit while swimming?
    They do a sort of rolling dive, kind of like how it looks like when a mermaid walks into the ocean from the beach.

I don't remember making my Sims change clothes while swimming before, but I feel like this was a change from the pre-IL patch, as you can see this even without Island Living itself installed.

Ha, never thought of changing outfits in pool. Now I must try it, hoping it will not be patched until I'm back from vacation :)