Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Okay so they are two things

One why the festivals don't notify you like the one in city living?. They are part of the pack? B why can't we use the rental properties like rentals? I think both of these things should be patched in the future

Comments

• Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    For the first one I believe they said they wanted it to feel more 'natural' and less intrusive than with City Living.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    100% agreed. I’d love rental properties and I hate that I tend to miss a lot of the festivals due to not knowing when they are. I like the festivals I’ve seen but wish I had a better idea of when they are happening. Rentals would just be nice or even the ability to buy multiple properties for those that don’t want to live in Sulani. I like living there but I have some families i want to just occasionally visit. Currently resorting to retail properties but it’s not exactly what I want.
  • Options
    Tan80Tan80 Posts: 72 Member
    It would great to be able own more than one home, as I would love to have a holiday home for my sims.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    I always catch the festivals about ten sim minutes before they end. It would be nice to have some kind of notice.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Hmm....

I have conflicting feeling about this. On the one hand, bummer that I am missing some of the festivals in Sulani. On the other hand, those plum festivals in San Myshuno keeps sending notifications and I find that really irritating. So... since Sulani is new for me I want to know what is going on and City Living is old and I have seen it and don't want to keep being bothered. If future packs also have happenings with notifications it will start to look like my old workmail.

Using the calendar for stuff like this would be nice, but then that would mean that it would have to rely on the Seasons-Pack. Which means you would have to have two systems. One for those with Seasons and one for those who doesn't have it.

A show on the TV that tells the simmers what goes on today in the word perhaps? A TV is basegame. I don't know. If I would wish freely then I would like some kind of Opt-In system because when I am playing an historical save then notifications for every festival is less appreciated but there might still possibly be something that I would like to see. Then I can chose myself how much information-overload I want my sim to deal with.
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I don't care that much about notifications for the festivals in Sulani, because I don't care to visit them with Sims that live in other worlds (I wouldn't mind them either). But I really do wish they would patch in the ability to have rentals in residential worlds. How awesome would a vacation be on the island in Windenburg or the beach in Brindleton Bay? Very awesome, very awesome indeed.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Idk about the 1st one. It's weird to me that there's nothing in the game whatsoever to let you know those events are happening. Like how do the developers expect players to know that one is going with no alert in advance?

Agreed on the 2nd one.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I hipe they bring back newspapers for this reasons. Instead of pushing the player with a maltitude of notifications for events, it will be better if a newspaper will be delivered to your home, and you will be notified for events if your sims decides to read it.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    I didn't even know there were festivals until I accidentally found but I agree they should notify you.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641