Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Have you already planned out a world?

SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
I have. I don't have a name for it, but it will be a very mountainous island. I'm more excited for CAW than I was for WA!

Comments

• Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I haven't come up with a name yet either, but I mapped it out and built a couple of new homes, and planned families :)
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Me too. I've yet to build homes, but I have a very detailed map. I plan to make it like a northern Italy type landscape.. just as an island.
  • Options
    loganr123loganr123 Posts: 83 Member
    edited December 2009
    I did the exact same thing that you guys did!

I want to create a world that is very Second Empire-ish

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    That sounds cool. It'd be neat to make an olde empirical type town with a huge center palace and outskirt farms. With peasants. And a market square... Hmm. I may be needing to cancel my social plans for a while...
  • Options
    AnonymousAnonymous Posts: 3,293 New Member
    edited December 2009
    mine isn't special or anything, just regular, with a downtown area of cheaper smaller homes near the shops and such, then lots of cul de sacs on a hill near an ocean for the richer people.
  • Options
    darkgoddessdarkgoddess Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited December 2009
    i have two

one is a island paradise for the high rolling type. very similar to resorts in Dubai. with a little bit of Vegas.

the second world will be a fantasy type. based on the Lineage 2 mmorpg. my main family there will be a dark elf family but i plan on including orcs, light elves, humans, and somehow ill figure out a way to make dwarfs.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Those all sound cool! I hope you post them on the exchange!
  • Options
    sootyowl143sootyowl143 Posts: 620 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I've planned a few already.

One would be very separated, the desert area would have cheaper homes and it's only little business and shopping areas and then near the ocean there would be bigger homes and grass with their own business and shopping areas.

Another one would be more fantasy. It'll be dark and that's all I have with that one.

CAW is going to be so much fun!
  • Options
    creatived23creatived23 Posts: 421 Member
    edited December 2009
    I cant wait, love that I will be able to use photoshop and can download other peeps worlds you guys ideas sound awsome.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I cant wait, love that I will be able to use photoshop and can download other peeps worlds you guys ideas sound awsome.

I agree with this. I also heard that it's gonna' be possible to edit Sunset valley (the one we already have, not the terrain), so we can add/delete lots, altar roads, etc. Don't quote me on this, but I have my hopes for it.
  • Options
    SeascapeSeascape Posts: 2,359 Member
    edited December 2009
    A tropical island paradise - think Kauai - with sweet cottages and more modern glass-enclosed places to allow the views of the island inside.

Bring back my former Sims 2 Lost in Space family on a deserted planet. (Building the Jupiter II might prove a challenge though.)

Woods, mountains, trails, with rustic homes and cabins, lakes for fishing, lodges with dining and fireplaces and a spa.

My own version of France - Provence with fields of lavender, houses built into the mountainsides on the Mediterranean, Eze, Monaco.

Oh, the possibilities!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited December 2009
    Yes, I claim Pirate Cove. me.gif

I really love the beach and the idea of Pirates in the past... Or set in a more Fanasty Medieval time. cookie.gif

something like this...
    snapshot_00000030_b66a519d.jpg

or

snapshot_0000002c_95a0d087.jpg
  • Options
    paco1200paco1200 Posts: 8,648 New Member
    edited December 2009
    SoggySoap wrote:
    Me too. I've yet to build homes, but I have a very detailed map. I plan to make it like a northern Italy type landscape.. just as an island.

thats a brilliant idea!

i will most certainly download it, of course if you were to put it on the exchange.
  • Options
    splaylesplayle Posts: 257 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I want to build a small Asian farming village for my Tao Legacy (http://www.taolegagcy.wordpress.com) I'm just debating whether I'm going to put any rabbitholes in it, or leave it as a real fishing/farming village with only an open town market. I also want to make "nowhere" a small desert town in the middle of nowhere somewhat like strangetown. I'll probably start with that one first because it's less complicated.
  • Options
    peaceloveharmonypeaceloveharmony Posts: 6,824 Member
    edited December 2009
    nope, i probably won't create cause i am not good with that at all XD and i don't have the patience
  • Options
    monkymn00monkymn00 Posts: 948 Member
    edited December 2009
    I haven't because I figured if I did I would have crazy anticipation for the tool like most people here and then get annoyed when I find out the tool is hard or something and requires a lot of patience and time, so I would end up abandoning the project, like a lot of people here probably will.
  • Options
    JJCalemJJCalem Posts: 42 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I am going to make a tribute to my Royal Kingdom Challenge from the Sims 2. It will be a modern day city called Sol within the Kingdom of the Sun where the Flaris River meets the Southern Sea. Their will be representatives of each of the royal houses of old (with appropriate traits) as well as decedents of many of the peasant and merchant families. I may even make some families who immigrated from the Star Islands (which are in the Southern Sea so it makes sense). Finally if the town stagnates or becomes a bit boring I will bring in some people from the Queendom of the Moon (Whom the Kingdom of the Sun has only had a wary neutrality at best relationship) whom I will have become enemies with much of the towns folk.

Wow…why do things always get so complicated when I talk about the world of my Royal Kingdom Challenge?
  • Options
    TateSaundersTateSaunders Posts: 997 New Member
    edited December 2009
    monkymn00 wrote:
    I haven't because I figured if I did I would have crazy anticipation for the tool like most people here and then get annoyed when I find out the tool is hard or something and requires a lot of patience and time, so I would end up abandoning the project, like a lot of people here probably will.

Well at the very least you could do a makeover of Riverview or Sunset. That should be the easiest, just designates lots, deco, spawners and all, and your set to go :D
  • Options
    SuperGreySimSuperGreySim Posts: 331 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I have a plan I started writing this morning. I already have a detailed topographical map of my western desert town, I have a few families planned out with their traits, and their jobs and such. What I am really looking for in my town is the element of expansion. I feel I would like to start sort of small, with fewer houses and commercial venues and such, but I will have many open lots for construction later on. As I play, I will naturally expand my town as needed. Same goes for people downloading my town from the exchange, I am sure they wont mind. I have about 70 lots planned, 5 families planned, (and more to come), and my terrain and such.
  • Options
    LisaNomiLuLisaNomiLu Posts: 171 Member
    edited December 2009
    SoggySoap wrote:
    I have. I don't have a name for it, but it will be a very mountainous island. I'm more excited for CAW than I was for WA!

I have a world planned. I have planned everything. And I have families and a plot. want to start building sooooon!
  • Options
    xMag1995xxMag1995x Posts: 132 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I have planned out my own town: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/142574.page :D It's called Stonesetter City. I have made some of the sims and lots. :D
  • Options
    ayzcravaayzcrava Posts: 17 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm going to make something that will look a lot like strangertown, probably not identical but atleast very similair as its something I really miss from the sims 2. I'm planning on making desert towns mostly anyway; not egyptian style, more of the.. you know, strangertown style :)

I'm also condering making an 'in the middle of the woods' style neighbourhood, but for myself to play I'll just stick with the stranger town. Can't wait, very exited :)
  • Options
    GreatWallStrGreatWallStr Posts: 1,688 New Member
    edited December 2009

one is a island paradise for the high rolling type. very similar to resorts in Dubai. with a little bit of Vegas.

omg that's like mine! ^_^ My island-- Ilios island, will have a higher class area, and a lower class area, and be like a tropical paradise. It will be my practice location, so that when I get the hang of it, I'll create Halloween Town, then my masterpiece-- Shangri La. :D
  • Options
    Emiko107Emiko107 Posts: 77 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I would love to make a town which starts off lovley and green with rivers and ponds but then it moves into the mountains and it becomes more desert like.

And also I was thinking of making a town of all green or blue sims because its strange to have a town of normal looking sims then have 1 or 2 green or blue sims around.

I no I myself probly wont be that good at using the tool but I no that my brother and his friend will help.
  • Options
    SaronaSarona Posts: 1,578 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Mine-

a3d2mp.jpg

I have been planning it a while now. I also want to make a really medieval/fantasy world. While it wont be possible I think an underwater town would be awesome too... That would be great :D

edit- I swear to god, I see a replica of this when CAW comes out Someone will be very.very.sorry (I dont mean another island, I mean one that looks exactly the same. Before you all jump down my throat)
    Post edited by Unknown User on