Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Why All The Rudeness To Eachother?

Comments

• Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    It was like this for a month before island living was announced too. I see ppl saying you can hide stuff. Is that possible on a mobile? I would love to hide some threads /users just to make the forums more enjoyable to me again but not sure how
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    It was like this for a month before island living was announced too. I see ppl saying you can hide stuff. Is that possible on a mobile? I would love to hide some threads /users just to make the forums more enjoyable to me again but not sure how

Go to their profile and hit ignore button, use desktop site option on your mobile browser, because the button isnt working in mobile.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    izecson wrote: »

Go to their profile and hit ignore button, use desktop site option on your mobile browser, because the button isnt working in mobile.

Thanks!
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Because some people, regardless of valid criticism, are very adamant everything about the game is the worst ever.

I don't trust that opinion one second. I have some bones to pick with the game but I also enjoy playing it. If I no longer did I would stop playing, instead of being bitter it's not exactly what I'd want it to be.

The thing people need to realize is that there is no "we" sims playerbase. Not two sims players want the same experience, and pretending you know better what "we" want is delusional.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    There's a huge difference between not liking the game and just being disappointed with what came in an expansion. I think in this case, with that price, it was reasonable to expect more than what came from it, it really was rather shallow when it came to actual content. This doesn't stop people from liking the game though. They probably still do, I know I do despite wishing it had more depth.

Same thing goes with the state of the game, it's quite glitchy and there are numerous bugs, some of which have been there for a very long time too. This simply takes away from the fun factor and it also upsets since Maxis aren't even saying anything about it. It's just... complete silence. When you have real issues with the game that is the last thing you want.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Sims 4 gets a lot of criticism and rightly so with how they have handled the game. If someone disagrees with someone else’s criticism they don’t have to get to invested in it.
  • Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 2019
    Don't confuse disappointment and criticism for hatred.

This.

Personally, I don't know why it seems some people think anything that isn't 100% happy positive posts about the game is 'hating'. That couldn't be further from the truth.

That’s true. While I don’t agree with a lot of the whining, I’m not sure how interesting the discussion would be in a place where every topic was full of fanboys/fangirls slapping each other on the back and heaping effusive praise on the game. That’s going too far in the other direction.

I believe there’s room for a reasonable amount of the positive and the negative.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    All you saying it's disappointment and not hatred, I exaggerate more than one should. I get it!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    All you saying it's disappointment and not hatred, I exaggerate more than one should. I get it!

should you get what ?
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

should you get what ?

Like, I get that some didn't know I exaggerate a little.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

should you get what ?

oh its cool man everyone does that now and then
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options

should you get what ?

oh its cool man everyone does that now and then

I'm a girl, but all right.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    edited June 2019
    On the off chance I am actually negative, and I rarely am so I really do understand when people constantly criticise things for the smallest of reasons, but being an older sims player, as well as someone who still plays 1, 2 and 3 from time to time, it’s easy to notice how Maxis and EA have went and turned the sims into a cash cow with not as much effort put into the packs, with DLC’s being more expensive than a DLC for an actual AAA game is with 6x the content. What I’m saying is my first pet should have been in the pets dlc, hot tubs should have been in the base game, as well as bowling and even the stuff in the fitness pack, I might even be so bold to say seasons shouldn’t even be a dlc. I mean think about it, we’re getting charged over £35 for weather, which is the price of a full game, for something that literally every game ever nowadays offers for free. All of the DLC’s shouldn’t add up to be over £480-500 is what I’m saying because a lot of the stuff is overpriced as well as unworthy of actually being a dlc. I don’t want to talk about island living because that dlc honestly makes my blood boil, but let’s just state one of its flaws smoothly, being that the entire dlc is charging us just to swim in the water.

Other than that, my only in game complaint other than lack of content, is that the ghosts aren’t as ghosty as I would have liked. I’d really like them to hang around their places of death more, spooking other sims, maybe straight up appearing and disappearing from one part of the lot and ending up at the other. I just hope the sims 5 comes out soon and that is the last sims game for a while where they finally return to their roots.

If you want to buy the dlc’s, it’s fine, I mean I still do it but that’s because I want a complete game, but unfortunately the sims 4 doesn’t quite do it for me in terms of content and gameplay. However, two things I can praise the sims 4 for just to balance this rant out is that I love the character creation, and even some of the outfits, as well as the graphics and world in general, they can be so beautiful (aside from when you can see the background in island living is a 2D cardboard cutout, but I won’t complain too much about that.
    Post edited by NAPK1NS on
  • Options
    NAPK1NSNAPK1NS Posts: 116 Member
    also some people are just trying to talk about things because they feel bad 40 is a lot of money and there is usually more in an expansion
    pack then there was this time its not that they don't enjoy whats there they do they just expected more
    and also some people are afraid there not gonna make anymore whims because there haven't been any new ones for two packs now
    and I'm hoping its not true because sims 4 is not just my favorite sims game its my favorite game ever
    and I know I've brought it up a lot lately sorry if I have annoyed anyone

I agree and all, and most of us buy these dlc’s because the price of the DLC’s aren’t an awful lot of money to us, but I feel it’s exploitative for people who feel pressured into buying these dlc’s who aren’t as fortunate as us but really want to see what they have to offer. I’m not speaking to me, at least most times, when I complain about the price, but for the people who deserve to pay a lower price for the content we get. I know TS4 is your favourite, mine is TS2 so if I for example say that the average price in GBP for a dlc was around £10.00 (any uk users out there can correct me if I’m wrong) but the point still stands that the dlc’s were way cheaper back then and they had double content that made it feel worth it, and this is a game that came out around 2004 , and you know it’s bad when an expansion pack is only a few £ extra than a stuff pack and cheaper than a game pack. At the end of the day, if you love the sims 4 then that’s great, I don’t hate the game, it does have some redeeming qualities, but people need to speak up to EA and Maxis and tell them to stop exploiting their own fans for cash.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    edited June 2019
    Critic is negative feedback..
    Its crucial for this game development.
    Theres no need for disrespect, but I see nothing wrong with these sort of comments here. I also do not mind all the overly positive threads in this forum if thats how peoppe feel and i absolutely dont :)
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited June 2019
    We all share a love for The Sims and want it to be the best that it can be, but what we love about it and what we think is best will differ - and that's okay! All simmers have the right to express their opinions, be they positive or negative, and when you love something so much it's understandable that these opinions may come across quite strong. The importance is that we all do this in a respectful way and accept that not everyone is going to agree or share our views. There is no wrong or right opinion or way to play The Sims and I wouldn't allow anyone else to impact my own enjoyment of the game. I have been playing The Sims since the first game and it has come a long way since then and depending on who you ask this is for the better or worse. Personally I love TS4 and while I don't think it's perfect I do think it has a lot of potential. Hopefully any healthy constructive criticism can help it meet that potential and continue to improve. Then again, I'm British so what do I know? I love a good moan. :D
  • Options
    TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    Ah the obligatory complaining about the "complainers" thread. Those posts aren't breaking forum rules and are fairly easy to spot and avoid if it gets under your skin so much. I've been enjoying my game lately, I don't see why these criticisms should bother me. If people have criticisms with the game they should be able to speak up without being shamed in threads like this.

I just don't understand this mindset really. I don't see the issue. There's enough room on this forum for everyone.

So as others have said, live and let live. :weary:
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    edited June 2019
    Thanks for adressing the subject, OP. I don't see the harm in reminding someone of their tone on these forums. The amount of complaining here can be quite sickening. Getting personal is actually against the rules, so this can be reported to a moderator.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I just get frustrated when the game is running smoothly then a patch ruins things.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,688 Member
    I wouldn't bother a lot with such negativity. I'd rather enjoy my game. Nuanced debate is always good, but keep in mind that those happy with the game will spend less time on a forum's "hate" threads.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    I think the trick is not to take things too seriously. I mean that, although there are always going to be aspects of the game that disappoint some players, we are still all playing, and overall I think we are still all enjoying it, otherwise we wouldn't be playing. As for the nastiness, well, I don't take much notice of that as life is tough enough as it is without letting things upset us on a forum. Trolls will always be there, and whether it be here, or social media or wherever they can cause the most damage, giving them weight gives them power.

There are so many nice people here, I just try and ignore the nasties
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simpkin wrote: »
    - They call it "constructive criticism" when a lot of them do not even play the game. You cannot give any constructive criticism if you don't even know what you're criticizing. Calling Maxis/EA money grabbers and whatnot, is not constructive criticism.
    - The Sims is a product you buy. Of course the company expects money for it lol And if you don't like a product you never have to buy it.

I just want to say that these two points often conflict and the complainers can never win. The complainers feel like Island living isn't worth paying $40 for so if they did play it: "Well you dont have to buy it, no ones forcing you" or if you didn't buy it: "you haven't played it how do you know it's not worth $40.00?"

And a lot of the people that criticize it feel Sims 4 is a good game when it stands on its own, but we think it could be better, and we're just trying to put our two cents in. There is always room for improvement, with any game, no game is perfect not even sims 4 or 3 or even 2. Sims 3 and SIms 2 when I was playing I to this day say: "man I wish I could do this or that" and if they were still in production I'd shout it here on the forums. But saying that those past games can be improved is literally just screaming into the void. We can still give feedback on sims 4 they care about, to make the next expansion better to make later iterations of the game better.

• Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    There will always be some people who thrive on negative energies and when there's an issue that makes the sims loving community upset or frustrated, there will always be some negativity for those people who thrive on it to ruminate on.

The positivity will return I think, as long as the rest of us keep ours and power forward.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,972 Member
    edited June 2019
    -edit i said same thing so many times im not ever gonna try anymore-
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top