Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Are Your Favorite Challenges

I hadn't heard about challenges in The Sims until fairly recently. For new players, new to challenge players or players looking for new game ideas:

What are your favorite Challenges?
What are your rules?

Comments

• Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    Aw, come on, no suggestions, no sharing fun ideas? No how tos or help? Nothing? (sad moodlet)
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Hi @Catzilla - don't want you feeling all unheard and lonely in your thread.

I haven't played challenges all that often - and i often bend the rules to suit my story once it gets going.

An easy one to start with is the Homeless teen. I found this fun and easy to manage.

I have been working on 100 babies challenge - it gets you good a managing babies and toddlers because you have no choice. I have to take breaks from it because toddlers are not my thing day in day out but it taught me so much I use in other saves.

The Not so berry challenge has 3 or 4 rules for each generation so you don't have to wrack your brains to work out if something is allowed or not. It is designed to get you to use parts of the game people might sometimes avoid or just haven't tried eg. leave someone at altar, deviance aspiration etc

I have just started watching the Englishsimmer's celebrity golddigger challenge on youtube. It looks like it has the potential to be fun (even if its a bit unfun for the celebrities - but we have all wanted to do away with Thorn or Britany at some stage :wink: )

• Options
    CaleSimsCaleSims Posts: 196 Member
    I basically only do challenges. There are different types of challenges, such as legacy, CAS, baby and Build Mode challenges. Examples of legacy challenges are Parentcy, The Disney Princess 10 Gen. Challenge, Perfect Genetics, and The Legacy Challenge. CAS Challenges include Breed out the Weird, and the easier version Perfect Genetics. Baby Challenges are 100 Baby challenge, and others. Build mode challenges are Build a city and more. If you look up Sims 4 challenges on a web browser then you will find a website at simscommunity.info that you can find a lot more challenges like these. Hope this helped!
    tumblr_inline_myy9221NKN1rkh0l2.gif
  • Options
    LindsaySeddon1LindsaySeddon1 Posts: 284 Member
    You should check the Creativity Corner for challenges.

My favourites are SuperSim (using one sim to complete every career and every aspiration in the game), Legacies, and the Decades challenge (a legacy which covers 1890-2000).
  • Options
    Becka28 wrote: »
    Hi @Catzilla - don't want you feeling all unheard and lonely in your thread.

I haven't played challenges all that often - and i often bend the rules to suit my story once it gets going.

An easy one to start with is the Homeless teen. I found this fun and easy to manage.

I have been working on 100 babies challenge - it gets you good a managing babies and toddlers because you have no choice. I have to take breaks from it because toddlers are not my thing day in day out but it taught me so much I use in other saves.

The Not so berry challenge has 3 or 4 rules for each generation so you don't have to wrack your brains to work out if something is allowed or not. It is designed to get you to use parts of the game people might sometimes avoid or just haven't tried eg. leave someone at altar, deviance aspiration etc

I have just started watching the Englishsimmer's celebrity golddigger challenge on youtube. It looks like it has the potential to be fun (even if its a bit unfun for the celebrities - but we have all wanted to do away with Thorn or Britany at some stage :wink: )

Thank you for starting the thread off!
    Do you do more storytelling than challenges? I just heard about that recently too. I'm not sure how that works, is it you play and then write a story, write detailed backstories for your sims or a combo or something else?
    I don't enjoy the sim baby or toddler stage so much myself.
    I'll check out Englishsimmer's youtube.
    Years ago, when I dabbled a short while with might have been Sims 3, my sim tried to romance one of the few normal looking single male sims. He was wealthy, lived in a nice home but, alas, he would only flirt and then went off and married a Townie.
    I admit to taking over Vladislav and turning him into a young, studly rockstar sort of fellow. ;)
  • Options
    familysims wrote: »
    I basically only do challenges. There are different types of challenges, such as legacy, CAS, baby and Build Mode challenges. Examples of legacy challenges are Parentcy, The Disney Princess 10 Gen. Challenge, Perfect Genetics, and The Legacy Challenge. CAS Challenges include Breed out the Weird, and the easier version Perfect Genetics. Baby Challenges are 100 Baby challenge, and others. Build mode challenges are Build a city and more. If you look up Sims 4 challenges on a web browser then you will find a website at simscommunity.info that you can find a lot more challenges like these. Hope this helped!

Nice, thanks, I can look up the challenges by names.
    I did look up challenges before but most of what turned up was on really old, non-active communities so you couldn't ask questions or anything, thanks for the new link, I'll give that a try.
    This all sounds like it would be so much fun, thanks.

• Options
    IMakeBoysIMakeBoys Posts: 54 Member
    Random legacy is my favorite because the rules change each generation, depending on what you've rolled. I also like that it encourages me to play with things I've never bothered with before like collections or certain careers.
  • Options
    You should check the Creativity Corner for challenges.

My favourites are SuperSim (using one sim to complete every career and every aspiration in the game), Legacies, and the Decades challenge (a legacy which covers 1890-2000).

Cool, thank you!
    Wow, I bet completing every career and aspiration would take a looooong time to complete.
    I've been sort of doing a vampire legacy in one game. Decades sounds super interesting too.
    I'll have a look at Creativity Corner too, thanks.
  • Options
    IMakeBoys wrote: »
    Random legacy is my favorite because the rules change each generation, depending on what you've rolled. I also like that it encourages me to play with things I've never bothered with before like collections or certain careers.

That's a really good idea, it would help with fully exploring the game. Challenges open up a lot more exploration of the game, I didn't quite see this until now. Cool!
  • Options
    IMakeBoysIMakeBoys Posts: 54 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »

That's a really good idea, it would help with fully exploring the game. Challenges open up a lot more exploration of the game, I didn't quite see this until now. Cool!

Yes, it really does. My 1st generation was a couple with 2 children. Dad was a musician and mom was a freelance author. I had to complete their aspirations (something I rarely do) and have them sit down as a family and eat at least one gourmet meal per week, which was sometimes a challenge. 2nd generation is single with 4 kids in the doctor career. All the kids/teens have to get all the scouting badges and every trait has to be randomized, even the lot traits. 😬😬
  • Options
    @catzilla I play with autonomy on so I might start off with a simple idea in my head e.g.. This girl will date around before finding the love of her life but then the game might throw up other options and ideas by who interacts with them and how. I think up backstory when I get to know my sim a little. But the grenades have some interesting stories already e.g.. it is implied Johnny zest is a landgraab which is enjoyable to explore
  • Options

Yes, it really does. My 1st generation was a couple with 2 children. Dad was a musician and mom was a freelance author. I had to complete their aspirations (something I rarely do) and have them sit down as a family and eat at least one gourmet meal per week, which was sometimes a challenge. 2nd generation is single with 4 kids in the doctor career. All the kids/teens have to get all the scouting badges and every trait has to be randomized, even the lot traits. 😬😬

I love music loving sims! Except singing, I have to cheat that one up a few levels because levels 1-5 make my ears bleed and it's super slow to level. Early violin is pretty painful too. lol
    I'll bet that makes for some pretty funny gameplay at times. ;D
    One of the things I'm going to try soon is making a haunted house and see how that plays out.
  • Options
    @catzilla I play with autonomy on so I might start off with a simple idea in my head e.g.. This girl will date around before finding the love of her life but then the game might throw up other options and ideas by who interacts with them and how. I think up backstory when I get to know my sim a little. But the grenades have some interesting stories already e.g.. it is implied Johnny zest is a landgraab which is enjoyable to explore

That makes sense.
    Johnny Zest likely a Landgrab?! He lives quite modestly, doesn't he? There's a scandal there for sure!
  • Options
    My phone corrected premades to grenades
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    edited June 2019
    Le défi Ami de la forêt by Chat is still my favorite to this day. It's just fun to play. It's from before Seasons and the off the grid lot trait, but it holds up when you add those things. It's a challenge for those who play in aging off.

If you speak french:
    RÈGLES DEFI AMI DE LA FORET :
    Votre Sim amoureux de la nature quitte son quotidien démoralisant pour une vie qui lui ressemble.

Règles principales :
    - Commencer sur le terrain avec 0 Simflouz, une tante et un feu de camp. (Code et exemple : sims.modify_funds -100 Enlève 100 simflouz).
    - Fabriquer ses propres meubles dans la mesure du possible (donc prévoir rapidement l'achat de l'établi d'ébéniste).
    - N'acheter que des meubles en bois, en pierre et des bougies en éclairage. Vous n'avez pas le droit de vous procurer
    différents meubles électroniques tel que la télé, un ordinateur, une cuisinière... En revanche un évier en bois, un plan
    de travail pour la cuisine en bois, une bibliothèque en bois etc... Vous avez le droit.
    -> Pas d'éclairage autre que la bougie ni objet électrique car on part du principe que nous n'avons pas d'électricité (même
    si ce n'est pas possible dans les sims, on fait nos propres règles). On imagine que nous nous procurons notre propre eau etc...

(Nouvelle règle ajoutée) : Vous pouvez acheter des meubles en bois et autre uniquement lorsque vous aurez acheté l'établi. J'ai appliquée cette règle dès le 2ème épisode parce que je me suis rendu compte que c'était plus logique et plus sympa en terme de défi.

Objectifs à remplir :
    - Atteindre le niveau 10 en Jardinage afin de débloquer le portail de l'arbre enchanté.
    - Atteindre le niveau 10 en Herboriste.
    - Atteindre le niveau 10 en Peinture.
    - Atteindre le niveau 10 en Bricolage afin de débloquer le portail de la grotte de Crystal + ......... ? (Autre terrain à venir qui requiert le niveau 10 en Bricolage).

Quêtes annexes :
    - Remplir la collection des grenouilles, des pierres précieuses, des poissons et des fossiles.
    - Décorer sa maison de tableau peint soi-même.

Défi Accompli si :
    - Tous les objectifs sont rempli et les terrains découverts.
    - Votre Sim survit et construit une bâtisse sans acheter d'objets superflu qui ne respecte pas les règles.
    Les quêtes annexes sont un bonus pour réussir en mode "parfait".

Guide pour bien démarrer :
    - Utiliser les buissons qui vous entoure pour uriner.
    - Faites griller les poissons que vous pêchez au feu de camp.
    - Investissez vos premiers simflouz judicieusement (Obligatoirement l'établi si vous souhaitez commencer l'achat de meuble en bois tel que la 🐸🐸🐸🐸, une poubelle, chevalet etc...)
    - N'hésitez pas à explorer, ramasser et vendre tout ce qui se trouve dans votre inventaire au début.
    - Plantez vos premières récoltes dès que vous pouvez !
    - Détendez votre Sims à la cabane du pêcheur quand il en a besoin !
  • Options
    My phone corrected premades to grenades

Hey, it worked! Throwing a grenade, curveball, wrench....
    When I upgraded my phone months ago I finally felt that autocorrect pain. The new phone is awful, my old phone was much smarter!
  • Options
    happyopi wrote: »
    If you speak french:

]

I have a smidge of French and can make out some of the post and Google translate can help me out. The videos will be harder to figure out, (my bit of French is pretty rusty) I'll have to see how much I can pick up visually from all the episodes. Thanks!
  • Options
    shakerellashakerella Posts: 321 Member
    I have played legacy challenge but after 4th gen lost interest and got a new computer. So the legacy was lost.
    Then I tried the not so berry challenge. I enjoy building, so this was fun.
    I also played homeless teen before. Like Becka28 mentioned above.
    Right now I am playing Building Newcrest Legacy Challenge. It uses rules from Legacy Challenge, but you are building up the empty Newcrest. Check it out. Building Newcrest Challenge.
    And finally, Tiny Living Challenge because I adore tiny houses and the challenge of living in one. Unfortunately, I tend to get tired easily and want to move on to the next challenge before I complete them!

There is a whole forum for challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies
    My Current Challenge: Drifter House Challenge
  • Options
    Evalyn326Evalyn326 Posts: 167 Member
    I like playing the Big Sister/brother challenge. It's fun to start with a small house and working your way op to a bigger one. The Supersim challenge I like as well. It's a little hard when you start having a family, because you need to take care of the kids and meanwhile completing all skills and aspirations. Some players don't really care about having a sim family and I think it's easier to complete the challenge that way. Of course the most important rule is having fun, so you can play however you like.
  • Options
    shakerella wrote: »
    I have played legacy challenge but after 4th gen lost interest and got a new computer. So the legacy was lost.
    Then I tried the not so berry challenge. I enjoy building, so this was fun.
    I also played homeless teen before. Like Becka28 mentioned above.
    Right now I am playing Building Newcrest Legacy Challenge. It uses rules from Legacy Challenge, but you are building up the empty Newcrest. Check it out. Building Newcrest Challenge.
    And finally, Tiny Living Challenge because I adore tiny houses and the challenge of living in one. Unfortunately, I tend to get tired easily and want to move on to the next challenge before I complete them!

There is a whole forum for challenges https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-stories-and-legacies

I love links! I think I've gone as far as three gens for a legacy so far then I switch to another family or start a new one.
    I'm really enjoying the building aspect of the game too.
    I was messing around with building up Newcrest, I wanted entertainment venues with more activities, I'll have a look at the Building Newcrest Challenge link. Thanks!
  • Options
    Evalyn326 wrote: »
    I like playing the Big Sister/brother challenge. It's fun to start with a small house and working your way op to a bigger one. The Supersim challenge I like as well. It's a little hard when you start having a family, because you need to take care of the kids and meanwhile completing all skills and aspirations. Some players don't really care about having a sim family and I think it's easier to complete the challenge that way. Of course the most important rule is having fun, so you can play however you like.

I like that feeling of working your way up and making it too. I end up caving and my single sims get a family. I love all the challenges suggestions, they've given me some fun options to try out.
  • Options
    gretchend417gretchend417 Posts: 41 Member
    I've mentioned this in another forum before, but try a gardening challenge. See how many plants you can take care of.
  • Options
    Dud3tteDud3tte Posts: 23 Member
    @Catzilla, something my friends and I are going to work on is the ABC Achievement Challenge (only for console). If you want more ideas, you can go to @Meeshelby's list of Sims 4 challenges.
  • Options
    Dud3tteDud3tte Posts: 23 Member
    @Catzilla, I just found a page about the Tiny Living Challenge by @Maddy-the-Poodle. You should really check it out!
  • Options
    mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    Here's some of the challenges I've enjoyed as a family player

Raising Seven Foster Kids

Abandoned Kids Challenge

Women's Shelter Challenge
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻