Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do Townies now stick to the town they Live in?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    Oh right, I had forgotten about that. I loaded up one of my pre-IL saves and forgot one of the sims was a 5 star celebrity and he was hounded at the beach. I exited pretty quickly.
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    I haven't had Strangerville townies show up outside of Strangerville in my games but other Townies like Bella Goth and Geoffry Landgraab I see everywhere.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I so hoped that would be the case, because it's been a long-time desire of mine that sims stick to towns they live in but unfortunately it seems that it's only a hidden trait in this case, that was added in the expansion. The trait is something like "islander" or something.
  • Options
    IfIdieyoungIfIdieyoung Posts: 45 Member
    I have a lot of townies from other worlds show up in Sulani, really wish they wouldn't.
    Origin id:
    lisimpson93
  • Options
    IfIdieyoungIfIdieyoung Posts: 45 Member
    I have a lot of townies from other worlds show up in Sulani, really wish they wouldn't.
    Origin id:
    lisimpson93
  • Options
    Dglbr1969Dglbr1969 Posts: 854 Member
    Ooooooh, I didn't know about the hidden trait?????? That's cool, then the devs should be able to make a hidden trait for townies to stick to their own towns? that would be awesome, and more realistic :) I don't like using mods really, its just annoying every patch time to take them out lest they break something
    2zin9xt.jpg?raw=1
  • Options
    lasummerblasummerb Posts: 2,761 Member
    I have played IL for several Sim hours since I bought the game last Friday. I was surprised I didn't see any of my 100 Sims I've created walking around. It wasn't until one of my mermaids used a dating app and found a guy he liked. Well I decided to switch to his household in DSV and sent him on the date with my mermaid. They went to a restaurant/festival lot and a lot of EA townies from other cities showed up. Maybe even a couple of mine, I'm not sure. I haven't really been off one of my mermaid family's lot to see if townies are continuing to come but next time I play I am going to check out the beaches to see if I see anyone.