March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone know a workaround to feed my toddler?

I cant feed him in the high chair, I can't make him eat with food in his inventory either. I would really like to be able to feed him before they take him away. I'd appreciate any tips you have

Comments

• Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Is he at level 2 talking? If so have you made the toddler ask for food- it works better for me then telling the adult to feed the toddler (I think it is under the help option when you click on the toddler when its your active sim. Otherwise cook a meal for the family, put it on the counter or floor and call to meal. the toddler should pick up their own serving.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,514 Member
    Or just drag leftovers from the fridge, make sure you are on your toddler and select to Grab A Serving.
  • wormstache999wormstache999 Posts: 477 Member
    It could be the new bug many of us have since the last patch - Plates and toys will be "stuck to the toddler's hands" (you can usually see it when they're standing still). Using the cheat "resetSim [Sim name]" fixes it for a while.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    Is he unable to do anything else? (Like potty, play with toys, etc?) If so, he probably has something he picked up and can't put down. It's a bug that came in the last patch.

There are various workarounds - you can take him into CAS, and when he comes out, he should be able to eat again. You can also save the game and exit to Manage Worlds, and then go back into the game. If he's really hungry, however - bright red hunger bars and warnings that he's going to be taken away, I'd do the re-set Sim cheat to refill his needs. That will also get rid of whatever he's holding. Go into the cheat bar and type resetSim <FirstName> <LastName>. ( ie resetSim Johnny Smith )
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Have an adult make a group meal then have him grab a serving.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,216 Member
    edited June 2019
    Serve a meal and then call all to meal. The toddlers are able to grab a serving. They will either eat there on the kitchen floor, or I like to put a dining chair or a bench in the dinging* room along the wall.

dining. Don't you just love typos?
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2019
    Just make a meal and either have an adult call them to get to a meal, or click on the meal and click grab a serving, same as any other Sim. I would suggest getting rid of the high chair. The kid will eat elsewhere
  • FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Hopefully they get an emergency patch for this!
  • marinapjanicmarinapjanic Posts: 109 Member
    I have to reset mu toddlers all the time, to get them to eat, to have them go to the potty, to put the to bed.
    I have only MCCC from mods, and it was updated, so that is not the issue
  • kiwi84kiwi84 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Thanks for the replies. I will try to take him into cas or do a reset sim on him. I did try to cook food and drag into his inventory and all the normal ways I usually fix issues like this, but this time nothing helped.
  • Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,183 Member
    Could do this cheat:
    testingcheats true, then fillmotive motive_hunger

Just incase resetting the toddler doesn't work.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    kiwi84 wrote: »
    Thanks for the replies. I will try to take him into cas or do a reset sim on him. I did try to cook food and drag into his inventory and all the normal ways I usually fix issues like this, but this time nothing helped.

I would suggest not dragging the food into the inventory. Just cook a garden salad or whatever and set it on the table and the toddler will eat.
  • invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    If it's the toddler bug, none of the usual methods of feeding will work - the toddlers can't eat until they let go of whatever toy or plate or book is stuck to them. It doesn't matter how you try to feed them (or potty them, or put them to sleep). They can't do anything unless you reset them, take them into CAS or exit the household.

Fortunately, my toddler aged up the day after the patch, and I'm not going to have another toddler for a bit, since I want Indiana (now a teen) to explore Sulani. However, it's just unacceptable that they haven't hotfixed this or at least acknowledged that there is a major bug and that they're working on a fix.
    I just want things to match. :'(