Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Origin refusing to start sims 4

Evening all. Anyone having problems with origin not playing the sims 4 after the latest origin up-date? I have tried twice now to repare the game and then playing the sims 4 but it wont launch. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    No problem here. Playing nice all day.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    I had to reinstall Origin. I'm unable to whitelist it on my firewall so it prevent's it from loading.

I usually have to run as admin to launch at least three times before it finally loads.
    Another thing that stops it from running is the originweb helper that I have to disable in task Manager.

I've had this problem since two updates ago.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Might wanna try clearing the cache for origin. I did that when origin itself didnt want to load my game library much less dow oad the game I had bought.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    QuillWriterQuillWriter Posts: 67 Member
    Last time I had that problem, it was due to a piece of CC. Once I found the offending piece and took it out, the game loaded with no problem. Are you currently using any CC or mods that could be causing the problem?
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I haven’t had any issues. Could you have outdated or incompatible CC? The only time I’ve had the game refuse to open is when I mistakenly added TS3 CC to my game.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    What's the issue? Can you click the Play button? Is the Play button greyed out?
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member
    edited June 2019

Morning. Yeah I can click play and origin disapears for a few seconds then pops back up again. I took out all of my CC and it worked so I worked through all my CC to see what the problem was and deleted the DIY curtains package files as this was the problem.

Now origin is playing silly and not loading! I keep hitting reload but it just refuses to load. I'll restart the PC again and see if that helps. :| Edit: Thank you all who replyed. B)
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member

Morning. Yeah I can click play and origin disapears for a few seconds then pops back up again. I took out all of my CC and it worked so I worked through all my CC to see what the problem was and deleted the DIY curtains package files as this was the problem.

Now origin is playing silly and not loading! I keep hitting reload but it just refuses to load. I'll restart the PC again and see if that helps. :| Edit: Thank you all who replyed. B)

Not the same problem I had then, still yeah rebooting could probably help yeah, if the app is still running in the background somehow. Hope it fixes itself :)
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    Freckles1971Freckles1971 Posts: 507 Member

Not the same problem I had then, still yeah rebooting could probably help yeah, if the app is still running in the background somehow. Hope it fixes itself :)

It only started happening after the latest update from origin. Fingers crossed it works. :)
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    I had the same problem too after the new update, repairing didn't help nor ressetting my folder.
    Then I checked my antivirus avast and added the sims 4 directory in the exclusion list and boom it started again.

This is the second time that happened it to me. The first one was Dragon Age Inquisition by the way. :|