Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

(Part 1) Which Sims 3's "Mental" trait do you want back in Sims 4?

Comments

• Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Absent-Minded: Absent-Minded Sims get lost in their thoughts and occasionally forget what they are doing, or where they are going.
    I said absent minded because it would add the most to a sim I think.

One I want that isn't on this list is no sense of humor. I think it add a lot to a sims personality and create some needed conflict. I also want to see more traits in general that push against emotions and social interactions.

• Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    edited June 2019
    Unstable: When a pile of disjointed components rattle around a Sim's head, they tend to be called "Unstable." Their traits are in a constant unpredictable flux and delusional episodes are just around the corner.
    @VentusMatt I am limited to 10 options for poll only, but i promise i'll do more polls for all the traits. I just avoided spamming the forum with polls.
  • Options
    asimbsimasimbsim Posts: 476 Member
    Absent-Minded: Absent-Minded Sims get lost in their thoughts and occasionally forget what they are doing, or where they are going.
    Ahh man, I forgot how amazing the Sims 3 traits were - added so much personality! I went for absent minded because I loved the randomness of it, and it went well with my eccentric genius type sims, but really I'd love them all back - please?? Please, please please??!
  • Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2019
    It doesn't matter anyway because in TS4 the traits don't do anything.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    invisiblgirlinvisiblgirl Posts: 1,709 Member
    I suppose 'unstable' covers it, but you forgot about 'histrionic' (or something like that - I don't remember exactly what it was called). 'Dramatic' maybe? Also the 'technophobe' and 'serious' traits.

I'm with the others on 'absent-minded' - I never used that one in S3 because my Sims constantly dropped things from their queue, anyway. Not something I wanted to encourage.
    I just want things to match. :'(
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    not on the poll but i would say never nude trait from sims3 thats a must add to the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited June 2019
    Eccentric: Eccentric Sims have a natural ability when it comes to inventing crazy gizmos and whachamacalits.
    I would love an Eccentric trait, but personally I would like it to work differently in TS4 and not be about inventing things. I want eccentric sims to be quirky and to enjoy collecting things or have weird obsessions. They could be more creative with their own unique style of art/writing that affects other sims in unique ways and have different opinions to other sims and not care about being different. I would also love a Nurturing trait and Unstable could be fun. Really I just want a greater variety of interesting traits. I'm also really hoping for a Cultured trait as it would just be perfect for my vampire sim.

Regarding Neurotic, I don't personally feel that Paranoid is a suitable replacement, although I can see why others might. I would love Neurotic back probably most of all for sims that are prone to obsessing over things like their hygiene and worrying/anxiety about different things, but can be comforted by sharing worries with loved ones and checking things e.g. like the oven or sink. Basically, what we had in TS3. It would fit perfectly with my sim's character whereas Paranoid really wouldn't. You won't catch him hanging out in the cellar!
    Post edited by annaliese39 on
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I didn't play sims 3 enough to experience any of these traits or I can't remember how good or bad they were.
  • Options
    Vivi_WillowTreeVivi_WillowTree Posts: 452 Member
    We need more negative traits, I either use 2 negative one positive or two positive one negative. It makes the game more interesting and the challenge goes up.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,905 Member
    Savvy Sculptor: Savvy Sculptors know the ins and outs of sculpting masterpieces. These Sims never fail at making the best sculptors.
    [quote="Karon;c-17128836"

@Amapola76 I would want more a Loves to Swin/Hates to Swim than than Child of the Ocean/Child of the Island ones. Those 2 are too tied to Sulani and i'll probably not be using them in future plays. But, i wouldn't be able to fit more than 10 traits for now. I'll be doing more posts later to each trait category.[/quote]

Yes, exactly. It's not that Child of the Ocean is a *bad* trait, per se. It's just packing too many things into one trait to be useful for most of my sims. The fish thing really, really bothers me, but it would be fine if that wasn't the only trait about enjoying the water.

TS3 had a few different water-related traits that came with IP, and I wish we also had more options for TS4. I believe there was something like "loves to swim"-- or maybe it was "loves the water" which included swimming. And then there was another one specifically related to boating activities.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    Gatherer: If you can pick it, plant it, or catch it, then a Gatherer is the right Sim for the job. Gatherers are especially talented at finding ingredients out in the world, and they produce the finest crops. They even achieve better results when working with rare materials like ore and gemstones!
    I think I’d make the most use out of gatherer. Plus a lot of these other traits are already covered by newer ones.
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Excitable: Your Sim will cheer for and be excited about doing the basic things in life. Yay! Wooo!
    Of all of these, I think I'd use excitable and absent-minded most, they just seem like the ones that might work.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    Unstable: When a pile of disjointed components rattle around a Sim's head, they tend to be called "Unstable." Their traits are in a constant unpredictable flux and delusional episodes are just around the corner.
    I wouldn't mind any of these, apart from 'Can't Stand Art'. That is one of the most useless traits ever.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Absent Minded, Eccentric, and Unstable all sound great to me.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    not on the poll but i would say never nude trait from sims3 thats a must add to the sims4

@friendlysimmers I am going to do more polls for the rest of the sims 3 traits, i have to choose 10 options only, so... please, vote at least one of those, you'll be able to vote for never nude in a future poll.
  • Options
    @ParmaViolet87 I loved the can't stand art in Sims 3, cuz i used to play with a couple that one had the artistic trait, while the other had the can't stand art, and it was cool to see their personalities clash as they were opposites.
  • Options
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I didn't play sims 3 enough to experience any of these traits or I can't remember how good or bad they were.

@Sharonia I would suggest you to try playing it (i know the sims themselves look weird and ugly, but you can work around that). Try the Lepacy challenge, its like legacy, but each generation you have to explore only one pack. First generation you explore base game, second generation you explo World Adventure, etc... You can follow the release line up, or a random one as well.
  • Options
    luxsylvanluxsylvan Posts: 1,922 Member
    Gatherer: If you can pick it, plant it, or catch it, then a Gatherer is the right Sim for the job. Gatherers are especially talented at finding ingredients out in the world, and they produce the finest crops. They even achieve better results when working with rare materials like ore and gemstones!
    My Sims garden a lot and explore a lot. Close seconds would be unstable and nurturing. Really, all of these I find more interesting than most ts4 traits. I frequently find myself looking for ts3 traits in the lists instead 😅
  • Options
    CiarassimsCiarassims Posts: 3,547 Member
    I feel like the unstable trait would spice up my gameplay :D
    giphy_1.gif
  • Options
    FroilFroil Posts: 102 Member
    Eccentric: Eccentric Sims have a natural ability when it comes to inventing crazy gizmos and whachamacalits.
    But really all of them. Traits were so much more fleshed out in Sims 3. Sims 4's are like... Just the surface, a few unique interactions if you have them, but nowhere near as deep and interesting as Sims 3's. Yet another reason why I still think Sims 3 is superior.
  • Options
    Froil wrote: »
    But really all of them. Traits were so much more fleshed out in Sims 3. Sims 4's are like... Just the surface, a few unique interactions if you have them, but nowhere near as deep and interesting as Sims 3's. Yet another reason why I still think Sims 3 is superior.

@froil thanks. I didn't thougth about including and "all of them" option in the first poll, but i know you voted for that in the second one, could you please comment there which one of them would you like to be added first? Like... your favorite of them. Thanks! <3
  • Options
    sims929292sims929292 Posts: 62 Member
    Excitable: Your Sim will cheer for and be excited about doing the basic things in life. Yay! Wooo!
    I picked excitable because I used to use that trait all the time. Now I use goofball or cheerful all the time, I feel like they're closest to excitable.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    All of the above
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    Absent-Minded would be perfect for my sim self. I have ADHD so getting lost in my thoughts and forgetting things constantly is apt for me.
  • Options
    Absent-Minded would be perfect for my sim self. I have ADHD so getting lost in my thoughts and forgetting things constantly is apt for me.

@AfterMidnight right?! its important to this game to be more inclusive