Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is create a world (CAW) released yet? (Today is Tuesday, December 15, 2009)

There are a lot of posts about CAW as of right now. When I went to check if it was available, it said "Coming Soon"

After saying grr to myself, I scrolled down and there was a check box that said "I agree to the terms" and I only just noticed that. Has anyone been able to get it?

Comments

• Options
    FrostAliasFrostAlias Posts: 150 Member
    edited December 2009
    Not here yet. Just sit tight. Keep refreshing the forums, I'm sure there will be a big posting about it when it does get here.
  • Options
    rlmaprlmap Posts: 50 Member
    edited December 2009
    I started seeing the check box yesterday, I am not sure what it is for yet, but maybe they are getting it ready for the release. Hopefully it comes tonight! I also see a new section in The Exchange on the top of the screen called "Worlds". I sure hope it comes tonight... :D
  • Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Props to both of you.

I'm more excited for this than I was for WA!
  • Options
    Sim_OutlawSim_Outlaw Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited December 2009
    What wheres my CAW? Knowing EA they will make us wait as long as they can. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    dragonmaster626dragonmaster626 Posts: 3,716 New Member
    edited December 2009
    yea i started seeing that little check box other night as well shouldn't be long if they have that in there now
  • Options
    FrostAliasFrostAlias Posts: 150 Member
    edited December 2009
    Me too. I didn't even get WA. I've been refreshing the forum page all day and posting here and there, gathering what information I can. Don't trust anything anyone says regarding a date until EA says something I guess. They're being very careful about not giving concrete information. Either they're being silly and adding suspense or they're not sure yet. I hope it's the former.
  • Options
    BrowningBrowning Posts: 715 New Member
    edited December 2009
    earlier today or late last night i saw a test person for ea create a world which you couldn'teven get anyways they also had a new forum for it.
    So its now all gone even the testdummy person so they must've had a problem and are trying to get rid of the evidence so ppl won't blame them for this mistake. we will alljust think it's the simmers spreading rumors!
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited December 2009
    It isn't out yet.

People need to stop believing what they read on other websites. EA have not given a release date for the CAW tool - they've only confirmed that it will be out in the next update which could come out on the last day of December as it would still qualify as a December release.

Sorry if I sound snippy, I'm getting pretty fed up of all the 'Where is my CAW it was supposed to be out on____' threads ^_^;
  • Options
    roflmaoxsarahroflmaoxsarah Posts: 4,132 Member
    edited December 2009
    Looks like a no...
  • Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Darkslayer wrote:
    It isn't out yet.

People need to stop believing what they read on other websites. EA have not given a release date for the CAW tool - they've only confirmed that it will be out in the next update which could come out on the last day of December as it would still qualify as a December release.

Sorry if I sound snippy, I'm getting pretty fed up of all the 'Where is my CAW it was supposed to be out on____' threads ^_^;

It's fine. I was just wondering if it was out because of the random flood of CAW posts, and because I thought I saw a post about CAW being too difficult for them. I just thought that it was out and they tried it.

(PS) Sry for adding to the CAW flood.
  • Options
    DarkslayerDarkslayer Posts: 9,074 Member
    edited December 2009
    I think that there have been a few testers. Someone posted a video somewhere of the tool in use and commented that it was quite difficult, I think that's where those threads are stemming from.

That said... EA have added a tick box to the CAW page and apparently there's a forum no one can view so it looks like it's ready to come out soon. I just wish people would stop throwing around dates and speculating when they've got no actual proof other than hearsay :D

The thing is, I'll bet simpoints that once it's released people will do nothing but complain about it ;D (I'm excited for it too, but I'm fully expecting not to be able to use it. Plus if it's bundled with that stupid in-game store thing they're harping about I certainly won't be downloading it to begin with).
  • Options
    UronkaUronka Posts: 486 New Member
    edited December 2009
    SoggySoap wrote:
    There are a lot of posts about CAW as of right now. When I went to check if it was available, it said "Coming Soon"

After saying grr to myself, I scrolled down and there was a check box that said "I agree to the terms" and I only just noticed that. Has anyone been able to get it?

Did you read any of them? :roll:
  • Options
    GerardoGerardo Posts: 77 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I'm waiting for this tool since the release of the sims 3. I'm going to leave town on December 18 and I'm planning to come back on January 5. It's to long for me. I hope they release the Create a world tool before the 18.

• Options
    gobot1236gobot1236 Posts: 569 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Darkslayer wrote:
    I think that there have been a few testers. Someone posted a video somewhere of the tool in use and commented that it was quite difficult, I think that's where those threads are stemming from.

That said... EA have added a tick box to the CAW page and apparently there's a forum no one can view so it looks like it's ready to come out soon. I just wish people would stop throwing around dates and speculating when they've got no actual proof other than hearsay :D

The thing is, I'll bet simpoints that once it's released people will do nothing but complain about it ;D (I'm excited for it too, but I'm fully expecting not to be able to use it. Plus if it's bundled with that stupid in-game store thing they're harping about I certainly won't be downloading it to begin with).

You do know that the reason today's date has been tossed around as the date the tool comes out is because IGN previewed the game and posted and article yesterday, in which they said it would be out Tuesday. That caused a lot of people to think that the article meant today (which it could very well be today, we still have quite a bit of day left seeing as its only 1:51 on the West Coast).
  • Options
    vampyjuggalettevampyjuggalette Posts: 51 Member
    edited December 2009
    gobot1236 wrote:
    Darkslayer wrote:

You do know that the reason today's date has been tossed around as the date the tool comes out is because IGN previewed the game and posted and article yesterday, in which they said it would be out Tuesday. That caused a lot of people to think that the article meant today (which it could very well be today, we still have quite a bit of day left seeing as its only 1:51 on the West Coast).

IGN also deleted the part that said it would be out today.
  • Options
    gobot1236gobot1236 Posts: 569 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I know. Wasn't long after the article went up they took that part out wasn't it?
  • Options
    vampyjuggalettevampyjuggalette Posts: 51 Member
    edited December 2009
    yeah i dont think it was up too long. reason why people are arguing about it not being on there when people say it was
  • Options
    Missaaliyah812Missaaliyah812 Posts: 618 Member
    edited December 2009
    Did someone say 6pm California time
  • Options
    teakersneakersteakersneakers Posts: 1,967 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I have heard 6:00PM, but I have no idea where they are getting this.
  • Options
    mangacraz00mangacraz00 Posts: 48 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I can't wait for it to come out!

Now for a quick question, where is this checkbox everyone was discussing on the first page?
  • Options
    FAN132FAN132 Posts: 16 New Member
    edited December 2009
    Go to Create A World under Free Stuff, scroll down towards the bottom.
  • Options
    darkgoddessdarkgoddess Posts: 1,372 New Member
    edited December 2009
    just one post in the CAW forum. stated 6pm no time zone given. but it wasnt even a guru, just some random person. soo.....yea,
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Thanks FAN123 ^U^
  • Options
    teakersneakersteakersneakers Posts: 1,967 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I have ticted the little box many times, but does nothing. Does it really even do anything anyway?
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Maybe it will be useful when CAW is released, teakersneakers.