Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where are the mermaids?

Comments

• Options
    lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    lizmac21 wrote: »
    i add a merman from the gallery, sent my sim over to say hi. and lets swim together. i wanted to see the tail in action. he swam like a regular sim. and yes he was a merman. i turned off my mods, i only use mcc. but i thought hey you never know. and still no tail! what's up!? :(

They're in disguise. You have to add a mermaid into your household or become one yourself or perhaps become really really really good friends with them before you find out they're mermaids

thank you!!
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Also walk the beaches. My sim has been in Sulani for about 3 sim weeks now and in the commercial district random shells are spawning right on the beaches. One was an "ordinary conch" and when you blow on it mermaids will gather. I did it and it worked and my sim isn't a mermaid. Prior to that though I did see some just swimming in the lagoon near the public beach access at sunset a few times.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I've seen several mermaids. I think you have to create a mermaid before the game starts spawning more of them, since some simmers didn't want mermaids in their game.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    My sim has become good friends with Nalani and she now swims in the ocean with her mermaid tail, she's so pretty! I have not found any mermaids otherwise yet, but once when my sim went thru the secret cave she came out flirty from hearing the siren song from a mermaid there. Wish I had known who it was, thats so cool! I can't seem to find the events around town, where are those? And is it at night only? I want to be sure to catch one and my sim is 1 week away from the whole Spring season, which she started in.
  • Options
    Also walk the beaches. My sim has been in Sulani for about 3 sim weeks now and in the commercial district random shells are spawning right on the beaches. One was an "ordinary conch" and when you blow on it mermaids will gather. I did it and it worked and my sim isn't a mermaid. Prior to that though I did see some just swimming in the lagoon near the public beach access at sunset a few times.

I have one of those conches (actually had 2) and my sim blew on it and nothing happened. What time of day and such were you able to do it and get them? I want to try again to use hers. She gave the other one to Nalani ( who is practically her best friend) and she loved it so much she got plus 2 friend points with her for it, seems harder to get that many for things as of late.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    smurfy77 wrote: »

I have one of those conches (actually had 2) and my sim blew on it and nothing happened. What time of day and such were you able to do it and get them? I want to try again to use hers. She gave the other one to Nalani ( who is practically her best friend) and she loved it so much she got plus 2 friend points with her for it, seems harder to get that many for things as of late.

I was on the public access beach in the commercial area, it was mid afternoon a there was a fishing derby type festival going on at the time. When I blew the conch a couple of Sims approached.
  • Options
    smurfy77 wrote: »

I was on the public access beach in the commercial area, it was mid afternoon a there was a fishing derby type festival going on at the time. When I blew the conch a couple of Sims approached.

Thank you, I will look for that!
  • Options
    jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    I finally saw one that wasn’t my mermaid or Nalani. I had my non mermaid sim out at one of the red buoys and one appeared. She was one of the mean ones with a black and white tail.
  • Options
    gettpsgettps Posts: 420 Member
    Been playing non-stop with a human sim, lvl 8 conservationist. Haven't seen a single one yet.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Yes. I've seen the mermaid -- the Vladislaus Straud of mermaids -- in-game many, many times.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    edited June 2019
    I've seen two! My Sim is falling for him and she just discovered he's a merman :open_mouth:
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The first time I went swimming in Sulani (and only time so far), there was a mermaid. 🐟
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    If you have Get Together, you can find all the mermaids in your world by implementing a mermaid trait as a requirement
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Ok so after my sim became bestfriends with Nalani and asked her if she was a mermaid, she actually said yes. So you need a really high relationship level, which I actually like. I wish they'd make it like that for overthrowing club leaders.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »
    If you have Get Together, you can find all the mermaids in your world by implementing a mermaid trait as a requirement

do you implement it for your world, or your sim?
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    magooo63 wrote: »
    Marnetti wrote: »

do you implement it for your world, or your sim?

Both. That's how club requirements work. How would you even be part of a mermaid club if you aren't a mermaid? :p
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    I'm finally seeing more of them. Question, my SIM just became one can they still tan, or is it considered the type of skin that cant
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    it seems none of the occults can tan. i had to cheat that part of the initial step of the aspiration on my mermaid sim

also, just had to share this picture...
    9eb560435289a0d1d4c59bf2308ff10b.jpg
    ...no clue where i could have gotten the idea that she was a mermaid...
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    it seems none of the occults can tan. i had to cheat that part of the initial step of the aspiration on my mermaid sim

also, just had to share this picture...
    9eb560435289a0d1d4c59bf2308ff10b.jpg
    ...no clue where i could have gotten the idea that she was a mermaid...

I wish they would admit it to other mermaids at least
  • Options
    godessofblitzgodessofblitz Posts: 12 New Member
    Will a sim ever answer the question if he's a mermaid or not. I made a love interst for my sim and the relationship bar is full but she's still offended by being asked the question. Why is this so?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @godessofblitz all three of the game-created mermaids finally admitted to being mermaids to my own mermaid sim...after i got the friendship high enough with them that 'become best friends' was an option. even the good friends category wasn't enough for them to admit it

however, when they finally do admit to it, your sim then has the option to reveal the secret to anybody else they talk to, if you really want the info to spread (i kinda wish we had that with aliens, to be honest)
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,351 Member
    I just saw my first out of disguide merman. It may be a coincidence, but I was playing a CAS-created merman when it happened.

Mine was disguided, but the townie merman was swimming around in full view, true form exposed and all. Asked about being a merman the townie denied it. So half an hour later when he went into the water my merman followed him and summoned a Terror of the Deep on his lying backside. Poor guy went back to the shore immediately afterwards, where he kept standing like a pillar of salt, probably going What just happened?!
  • Options
    SimmersopinionSimmersopinion Posts: 4 New Member
    In me and my cousins game it is making
    The mermaids disappear.we are having to delete it beacuse it is ruining our entire game.plz ea fix this
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Befriend the sim and ask if they’re a mermaid.
  • Options
    Will a sim ever answer the question if he's a mermaid or not. I made a love interst for my sim and the relationship bar is full but she's still offended by being asked the question. Why is this so?

Yes when you are at least Good Friends with them they will. After that and they agree they are you can actually tell others of mermaid discovery