Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How has the sims influenced your life?

Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
I was wondering how other simmers feel about the Sims and how they game has influence their lives.

Question one:
When did you start playing the sims?

Question two:
What’s has been your most memorable moments in the Sims?

Question three:
What has been your favourite game so far?

Question four:
Has the sims had a positive affect in your life?

Comments

• Options
    Simzilla_7Simzilla_7 Posts: 141 Member
    Q1:
    I was twelve when I started playing the Sims. My cousin had the game and I remember playing it for hours.
    The first thing I did was accidentally bulldozed one of her house.

Q2:
    In sims 3, I had a family with a teenager and he fell in love with Imogen Pelly’s daughter.
    They eventually fell in love with each other and moved in a small house together.
    During their wedding, as my sims were exchanging their vowels.
    Imogen burst into laughter. As both parents of groom were family orientated. They stood up and turned to Imogen as like they were going to kick her butt.

Q3:
    Generations and seasons games.
    I’m really excited about the island living.

Q4:
    I didn’t really grow up in a healthy household. Playing the Sims helped me understand what healthy relationship could look like.
  • Options
    Savage_Patch_KiddSavage_Patch_Kidd Posts: 2,937 Member
    Question one:
    I think around 2009

Question two:
    I had a sim outlive three gens. Took me a year & a bit. It's just nice remembering how bare everything was & just the amount of content added over time that changed things drastically. Hard to nail down a favourite memory :blush:

Question three:
    Castaway on ps2 & TS2 on psp. I really like how odd it was & goal oriented.

Question four:
    Yes & no
    I had a year where I had no idea what I wanted to do. So I mostly fiddled around with Sims. Got to the point that I was fully nocturnal around that time. My earlier memories of the game were really sweet, as my high school bestie introduced me to the game.
    tumblr_oy1xa2eHV31uvsi7jo2_1280.gif
  • Options
    MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    edited June 2019
    I started playing when I had just turned 12. My mother wanted to get it for Christmas and I reluctantly agreed. First time i’m glad my mom forced me to do something.

My most memorable moment was definitely when I got to my fourth generation and seeing how the genetics from my matriarch passed down when the current heir only had like 12.5% of her DNA. Things like comparing the two side by side and seeing how far the family’s come.

Sims 4 has been my favorite game. I have a vivid imagination, and combined with those graphics- ugh the possibilities are endless!

And question 4- YES!!! It made me realize my love for genetics and how I wanted to discover my own heritage.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    edited June 2019
    Question one:
    The Sims 2 PC - 2004

Question two:
    I think the special event cameras in The Sims 2 made it memorable and more funny to me.

Question three:
    The Sims 2, The Sims 4 is a close second

Question four:
    It kind of has questioned on what I wanna do in the future as in if I didn't get married or had kids in my lifetime - what else can I do?
  • Options
    MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Question one:
    When did you start playing the sims?

June, 2009. Just as Sims 3 had just come out. My tenth anniversary is approaching, in fact.

Question two:
    What’s has been your most memorable moments in the Sims?

How am I supposed to pick.... :(

Question three:
    What has been your favourite game so far?

It was definitely Sims 3 for a while, but these days it has finally shifted over to Sims 4!
    Sims 2 is a honorary mention, since I've only played it years after it was the relevant game, and I can definitely tell why people loved it so much back then. Sims 2 was really good. Especially the gameplay. So many nice little details.

Question four:
    Has the sims had a positive affect in your life?

It made me teach myself how to use Blender just to make CC... Finally, I kinda know how to mess with a 3D program.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    1) I started playing the Sims, with Sims 1 when it first came out.

2) My most memorable moments is probably in The Sims 2. I thought I had discovered everything there was to discover when the game was originally released. I went back to play it in 2017, just for fun and my Sim was just autonomously bit by this wolf which turned him into a werewolf. He was alien and back then they had hybrids. & an alien/werewolf hybrid was so odd looking to me (I had never seen one before in TS2). I used this "savage" interaction which made him fight other Sims and immediately turn them into werewolfs. I think this will always be memorable for me, because I didn't know it was a 'thing' when the game was actually out. & I made him have kids with a witch and they were some funny looking children, with the hybrids. So finding something new all these years later, I thought was cool. & it made me wonder if I've covered everything in The Sims 4, which if i were to guess, I probably haven't even scratched the surface.

3) Tough question but my all-time favorite game was The Sims 2, Open For Business. That game will always be special. I loved for my Sims to run a business from their home or even own multiple retail shops. I think it was the detail & depth of that EP that intrigued me so much with the shopping bags, ringing customers up at the register, slow employees, and the impatient customers. I remember the impatient customers tapping their feet, sighing, etc. & then eventually dropping their bags and leaving which would lower your score for the business. I love a good challenge, and The Sims 2 was just a challenging game in general but running a business added an even more difficult challenge that I just loved.

4) Positive affect on my life? Hmm, I guess I would say yes. It kept me out of trouble when I was in my teens. All I would want to do is play this game and I would play for 8 hours at a time back in the day.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Q1: 2003
    Q2: When Sims 2 released AND lived up to the hype. It was such a large advancement.
    Q3: Sims 2/Sims 4...they're tied, but 4 is starting to edge out 2.
    Q4: I don't know. It's kept me occupied and sane for a long time lol.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    2011, I picked up the Sims Medieval, The Sims Freeplay had just launched, and the Sims 4 had just been announced.

As of Right now, me recently learning there was a "First Person" mode in the Sims 4. I had no idea this whole time they patched that in.
    It's a little wonky but It could be better, maybe it's too sensitive when i look around in the first person, or maybe because I'm using a mouse pad instead of an actual mouse... and then I also wish We could control Sims using arrow keys.

The Sims 4, Hands down.

No, Kingdom Hearts is the video game that ultimately played the Positive impact on my life. It Inspired me to get creative, Sketch, Write, and Imagine my storytelling. Although I remember, though I can't believe it's been 10 years already, back 2009-2011 I was Interested in the Sims, Watching a couple of Youtubers play, and So I finally gave into the Sims, and Minecraft at the same time. When the Sims 4 was announced, and I saw the art style of the Game I thought, this would be perfect I could use this game to animate my Characters, and my builds. and play out their story, instead of just having it, and reading it on paper.
    And the Sims 4 did support my character creation and builds almost the way I envisioned.
    I think The Sims 4 did at least help, in a way, organize and evolve the story a little more.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I play sims for fun. It has had no effect on my life. Other than keeping me entertained. And ive been playing sims for 19 years on and off.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."