Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids thread

Comments

• Options
    ApricusApricus Posts: 672 Member
    I’m so excited! I can’t wait, especially now that you can make them have Vampire features. It comes out in 3 days for me, then I have to wait till is discounted :c
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I wish they had more powers like Vampires and some form of conseqience not just hydration. However apart from that I have no complaints.
  • Options
    CoriChanCoriChan Posts: 197 Member
    I'm really excited for Mermaids since I've been waiting to see if EA was going to do a new iterration of them for Sims 4 but I'm also disappointed in their playability. Aside from the horrible bugs that Sims 3 Island paradise had, the mermaids were a bit lackluster. I was envisioning being able to have my mersim live underwater like 24/7.

When I saw a post about Island Living I went and watched the trailer and after seeing the mermaid at the end I got a little excited. However it seems that, once again, mersims aren't really going to be able to live in the water. I don't know, I feel like since we have loading screens in Sims 4 there should be a way to load an "underwater" type of lot so that my mermaid doesn't have to live 90% of his/her life on land and only go into the water to keep from drying up or to splash around and play. Like, I want my mermaid to eat, sleep, have a little underwater house, do some activities, have a little mermaid community...and maybe come to land 50% of the time to do all the other sim people stuff.

But I will say, it looks like they can do more than they could in Sims 3 at least. No powers skill tree though =(
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    I honestly love that you can add the Vampire details on them, and can make a horrible sea hag.
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    @CoriChan - it is the sims though...not the Sims 4 Underwater World. I think it is really exciting that mermaids can live in the water. I think there are way more stories to tell with them coming ashore and interacting with human sims

I do get your disappointment though.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I wish mermaids could die from dehydration
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »

Will they just turn back to human if they're dehydrated?
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    @Kamio I know, and it would probably be very hard to make a map that was 100% accessible for mermaids. That's why I didn't really like the Alien sims, because they didn't really feel like they were a separate simspecies. I was amazed at how much detail they put into the vampire occult state in Sims 4 so I was really hoping they were going to give any following occult state the same amount of detail.

When you make a vampire you're a vampire 24/7 drinking blood and turning into bats or mist, hating the sunlight, sleeping in coffins, (until you are immune to sunlight or whatever other supreme powers you pick at master level), you're not a vampire only inside your house. It's a little bit of a downer to only really be fullly mermaid in the little bit of swimmable ocean. Like, my mermaids cant hang out down there under the water or go diving or have a little mer castle....like can't i just be living my mermaid fantasy life here? Lol.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    @CoriChan Mermaids can satisfy all their needs while in the ocean, the only feature that's lacking is Underwater locations. I prefer an ocean specific pack to be released imo.
  • Options
    @ZhaguiSimmer do we know if they auto satisfy from just being in the water, or does that mean our mersims are going to be snatching and eating fishies? O.O
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Marnetti wrote: »

Will they just turn back to human if they're dehydrated?

• Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    CoriChan wrote: »
    does that mean our mersims are going to be snatching and eating fishies? O.O

i was wondering if they could just grab and eat fish too. i haven’t seen any gameplay of them interacting with actual fish in the ocean. also kinda wonder if they can talk to the ocean fish like they can to a fish in the fishbowl.

but i know they can sleep and pee in the ocean. talk to the dolphin or other mermaids/sims in the ocean for social. hydration obviously is taken care of.

so there’s energy, bladder, social, hydration. there’s plenty of stuff to do for fun too. so all that’s left is hunger.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited June 2019
    @BOY Exactly! I hope they’re able to stash fish in their inventory’s at least but then another question comes along. Can siren’s eat raw fish?

Probably kelp is introduced but if siren’s eat two mermadic kelps at once they lose their occult. We’ll see.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    I wish they can eat raw fish.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    CoriChan wrote: »
    It's a little bit of a downer to only really be fullly mermaid in the little bit of swimmable ocean. Like, my mermaids cant hang out down there under the water or go diving or have a little mer castle....like can't i just be living my mermaid fantasy life here? Lol.

I'm also worried about how it's gonna work, mermaids are excluded from a lot of water activities like jet skiing or boating, water loungers, snorkeling. So I just hope there's enough for them to do in water, I don't want it to be just a way to fill up hydration need and be done with it.
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    I'm also worried about how it's gonna work, mermaids are excluded from a lot of water activities like jet skiing or boating, water loungers, snorkeling. So I just hope there's enough for them to do in water, I don't want it to be just a way to fill up hydration need and be done with it.
    mermaids can do all of that except snorkel

Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    BOY wrote: »
    Livinity wrote: »
    mermaids can do all of that except snorkel

Well yeah technically, but it's no different than a normal sim doing it since they don't change into mermaid form. I'm concerned about activities mermaids can do while transformed because that's the funny part!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Kamio wrote: »
    @CoriChan - it is the sims though...not the Sims 4 Underwater World. I think it is really exciting that mermaids can live in the water. I think there are way more stories to tell with them coming ashore and interacting with human sims

Yeah, I do understand the disappointment.

For me, I did have mermaids go up on land and interact with land sims a lot back then in Sims 3, so the lack of underwater lots is not a deal breaker for me, though I am still mildly disappointed.

Maybe underwater stuff would be in a future nautical or aquatic pack or ... something. (Or maybe Sims 5, which SHOULD have more detailed and in depth content than in past games.)

I’m still excited for this pack, regardless, because there are some relaxing island/sea activities that many of my non-mermaid (and mermaids in human form) sims would enjoy.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Kamio wrote: »

This seems to be the response to whenever people expect more effort from this game. Whenever people want more player involvement or freedom in how the game is played the response is always defending the game makers choices to have the game be so incredibly limited and I disagree.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I understand the disappointment, but I’m not in the mood to complain constantly about it and talk down about Sims 4 players when I enjoy Sims 4 as well (and I’ve played and enjoyed Sims since Sims 1).

I’ve been avoiding the feedback thread for the most part because I’m getting tired of the negativity and being shamed about what I play and like.

I’m not going to join a boycott or join any feedback threads to keep talking negatively forever about the same video game series for about 3-4 years.

I have an anxiety issue and depression. I’m DONE and will not join in boycotting something that brought me joy.

So I’m buying the pack despite its flaws. (I already pre ordered it on CDkeys for about 30 bucks.) I enjoy it, I buy it. Simple as that.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    I understand the disappointment, but I’m not in the mood to complain constantly about it and talk down about Sims 4 players when I enjoy Sims 4 as well (and I’ve played and enjoyed Sims since Sims 1).

I’ve been avoiding the feedback thread for the most part because I’m getting tired of the negativity and being shamed about what I play and like.

I’m not going to join a boycott or join any feedback threads to keep talking negatively forever about the same video game series for about 3-4 years.

I have an anxiety issue and depression. I’m DONE and will not join in boycotting something that brought me joy.

So I’m buying the pack despite its flaws. (I already pre ordered it on CDkeys for about 30 bucks.) I enjoy it, I buy it. Simple as that.

Sure , theres no reason not to buy it , if you like it. I am going to buy it just because while this is a bit of an underwhelming pack, its still probably better than whats coming. And the packs are already so spread out . I take what I can . But it would be nice to have features in future games be more than just filler. The game needs more depth.

"Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    I’m buying it too anyways
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    edited June 2019
    So what are people’s plans in terms of the first mermaid or merfolk you are going to make - in CAS or in game after finding the kelp? Are you going more topical or dark?

I’m going to start out with three merfolk but my first is going to be a gorgeous red headed mermaid with a very innocent vibe - I’m leaning towards the patterned light pink and purple tail with a matching shell bra.

My 2nd mermaid is going to be darker and more alluring. Dark brown slicked back hair and vibrant red tail. She’s going to be an evil Siren.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Options
    As said many times, I’m making a siren that drowns Poor Unfortunate Souls (SEA what I did there?). I imagine her with black or white hair, a black tail, and that scale top that matches with the tails. Probably some other jewelry, like a shark tooth necklace or something. This is just what I imagine her like, I’ll prob change her up but I’ll post pictures of her c:. I’m an Xbox player, and I read the Xbox release date as June 16, when it was July 16 so I was really sad. Thinking of possibly preordering
    ZjzmtTb.jpg
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,877 Member
    Some wonderfully creative ideas in this thread. I wasn't all that hyped about mermaids, never have been, but now I'm actually looking forward to playing one.