Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

since boats are in the new ep do you think cars will come soon ?

cars would be nice to see and to have working boats but not cars seems odd
what do you guys think are cars just around the corner ?
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Heck yeah! Cars better come, now that we have boats.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,468 Member
    I'm sure they will be coming, a lot of people request them. If not this year, probably next.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    I'm sure they will be coming, a lot of people request them. If not this year, probably next.

I hope so I want my sims to be able to teach teens to drive and sell cars and maybe have a pack just to go on road trips
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I hope cars will come later this year!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,727 Member
    I really hope that we will get cars. It will be interesting to see how the boats will work in the game, if they add cars they will probably work the same way.
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    No. Boats are much easier to implement since they're restricted to the new world only. I don't think people would be happy if cars are restricted to one world.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I dunno cars are going to be so hard to do. Think of the worlds in sims 4. Some worlds have no roads or anywhere for cars to go, San Myshuno for example. I just think knowing the current animation for leaving the lot its going to be incredibly difficult to achieve. Itd like to see them just don’t know if we will.
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Personally I don't even want cars. I mus be the only simmer who doesn't care for or want them.
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,612 Member
    Hopefully especially since we're moving into the 64bit computer system.
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I have a weird feeling that cars will come out but not in the same way we think/hope.
    The newer neighborhoods have areas that look like driveways right in front of the lots. We may be stuck with parking on the street. But, who knows.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I certainly hope so! Bikes and a mechanic career too.
  • Options
    babajayne wrote: »
    I have a weird feeling that cars will come out but not in the same way we think/hope.
    The newer neighborhoods have areas that look like driveways right in front of the lots. We may be stuck with parking on the street. But, who knows.

Maybe but that's how the Sims 2 was remember when we went to a lot the car was parked on the street until we he and parked in the garage or driveway.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    No because they’d be restricted to one world. Because if they didn’t bother to open up all oceans (which they could patch I suppose) I doubt they’d fix the roads. But I’d love to be shown wrong as cars would be really cool.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    I was wondering about this but can't see how EA can physically manage to do this without an open world. Of course the devs could go for the TS2 approach with the car disappearing as soon as it gets off the drive. I think that would be very disappointing to most players who want cars though.
    I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Hopefully.
  • Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I would love it, but I don't think they will.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    toddler toy ride in cars would also be cool
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Cars need a routable path (the road), boats do not. They can travel anywhere in the water that is zoned for boats.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I suspect that adding cars would need rebuilding the non-lot space in current worlds, so I'm not expecting them any time soon if they're going to go anywhere. (On the other hand, cars aren't any fun if all they do is go somewhere...)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think we are more likely to get horse riding next.

I would love cars, even if they don't go on roads. We could have driveways like in TS2 and as soon as the car gets to the edge of the lots it goes into the loading screen.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,993 Member
    I certainly hope so! Bikes and a mechanic career too.

I would like to see skateboards for children and teens and a tricycle and a play (peddle or by foot car) for toddlers too.
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I think we are more likely to get horse riding next.

I would love cars, even if they don't go on roads. We could have driveways like in TS2 and as soon as the car gets to the edge of the lots it goes into the loading screen.

It could probably drive out into the street first which would be cute.
  • Options
    I was wondering about this but can't see how EA can physically manage to do this without an open world. Of course the devs could go for the TS2 approach with the car disappearing as soon as it gets off the drive. I think that would be very disappointing to most players who want cars though.

I loved TS2 cars, it wouldn’t disappoint me at all if they had the same functions.
  • Options

I wouldn't be disappointed but I'd like more to do like I said this in another thread I would like the game play in Sims 2 to sit in the car and listen to the radio also woohoo and make out in the car. In Sims 3 teach teens how to drive, but now I would like Sims to wash the car. Also have little messages about a car collision and have a job like Uber where you drive people around you have a message someone puked in your car and your car comes back dirty and you have to wash it again also would like a message that the car ran out of gas and you need find a place to put gas in it (the gas part is just me being funny though so.)
  • Options
    TheShadowSageSimTheShadowSageSim Posts: 30 Member
    I would be cool with them just being a placeable object anywhere on the lot, that just drives a little bit on the lot before the loading screen appears, that way it wouldn't matter what lot or world the car is in. It would just be great to have a little more immersion rather than there being no explanation as to how sims travel.