Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which theme would you rather have for Realm of Magic GP?

Comments

• Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Other (comment)
    I mean, I want fantasy. Dragons, elves, etc. But I don't want fairies unless they're small mischief makers (who bite, maybe) and are very distinct from witches.

Which brings me to this. I want to get away from the 'witches.' Give me sorcerers, mages! A word change alone would get me infinitely more excited than calling them witches. It's a personal preference, I suppose, but let's take a page out of fantasy (and also D&D maybe) because I want a sorcerer.

All that said, I think if they're designed using a similar system to Vampires, it would be good. That way the magic is fully customizable, and no witch/sorcerer/mage is like the next, and they can be anywhere on a spectrum of 'good and evil' and likely a good mix of everything.

I ALSO super love the 'negative traits' part of being a vampire, and I think that could translate well into being a witch.

-Use too much magic? You've aged prematurely and now you're old! Wait until you can brew a certain potion or have enough energy for a specific spell to turn yourself young again
    -Classic witch, warts and all etc etc.
    -Excessive cackling
    -Must drain energy from people for spells? A bit like a necromancer

And so forth, a variety of negative side-effects to becoming a magic user, the cost of it, so to speak.

That's what I want, whatever that falls under.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    Other (comment)
    I wouldn't say that it's "Good Witch/Bad Witch" that I want, but I'm hoping for something similar to how witches were in TS3.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Makin' Magic ( similiar to ts1)
    Holiday wrote: Β»
    Similiar to Makin Magic, what a fantastic EP that was! Bring back the charm creator! And the vendors!

yes the vendors! can we at least have those even if it is normal witch pack i loved those :bawling:

My bet is this new world will come with new street carts where witches can get rare ingredients.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Other (comment)
    I’d want a variety of magic themes:
    β€’archetypical Makin Magic style (with spellbooks, hexes, etc.)
    β€’some spiritual/hippie kind of magic (with crystals and nature based interactions)
    β€’voodoo (more voodoo interactions, mix powders, zombify people, etc.)
    β€’magical creatures (gnomes, baby dragons, bird familiars, etc.)
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,972 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: Β»
    Holiday wrote: Β»
    Similiar to Makin Magic, what a fantastic EP that was! Bring back the charm creator! And the vendors!

yes the vendors! can we at least have those even if it is normal witch pack i loved those :bawling:

My bet is this new world will come with new street carts where witches can get rare ingredients.

id love if they added some mysterious looking cart
    they could also have fortune teller cart like in ts3
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    I loved Makin' Magic, so if it was like that I'd consider it, but if it's witches I'm 99% not interested.
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    I'm on the side that Makin' Magic was the best implementation. You should have to opt into making any given sim magical, but it should be available for whoever you want instead of having to be a lifestate and invoke hybridization rules if you want to combine it with another lifestyle. Although I could do with having magic be more innate than just charging up spells like inventory objects.

The bigger question comes because this will be a game pack, and we saw how Vampires was very focused on its decor. I wonder what decor styles people think will inform all the added stuff that comes with RoM.

actually this is biggest reason I started wondering about theme of pack
    because vampires pack visually was very focused on gothic / dark / old style things
    so I feel like magic one (visually) should be different since they are now separating the lifestates

but also if we want to give magic pack different look then there is option of more fantasy like items or more of creepily funny looking items like in makin' magic which then lead me to what if they explore the pack more on those rather than just doing witches and how awesome it would be since it is after all called realm of magic not witches
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    We should bring our little gnomes to live and let them do our gardening just like in sims 1 :)
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Sims_MakinMagic_collage.jpg

If only they added even one of these items (except i just realized THERE IS THOSE CRYSTAL THINGS)
  • Options
    5ecc4ce84194444616ae6cf6199393e6--witch-magic.jpg

also really miss this one
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    they said in EA play they look for cultural references please take these as occult player cultural references :joy:
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    I don't want it
    for sims4 even if i am not a supernatural player would went something diffrent not like sims2 or sims1
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    for sims4 even if i am not a supernatural player would went something diffrent not like sims2 or sims1

I mean obviously not exactly the same but more like inspired by

I think I will be happy with everything as long as its fun though
    and these are just ideas based on earlier series obviously we can't know if they have conjured something even better
    we just guessing and speculating what could be possible themes to this pack and which sounds the best
  • Options
    Monday wrote: Β»
    I mean, I want fantasy. Dragons, elves, etc. But I don't want fairies unless they're small mischief makers (who bite, maybe) and are very distinct from witches.

Which brings me to this. I want to get away from the 'witches.' Give me sorcerers, mages! A word change alone would get me infinitely more excited than calling them witches. It's a personal preference, I suppose, but let's take a page out of fantasy (and also D&D maybe) because I want a sorcerer.

All that said, I think if they're designed using a similar system to Vampires, it would be good. That way the magic is fully customizable, and no witch/sorcerer/mage is like the next, and they can be anywhere on a spectrum of 'good and evil' and likely a good mix of everything.

I ALSO super love the 'negative traits' part of being a vampire, and I think that could translate well into being a witch.

-Use too much magic? You've aged prematurely and now you're old! Wait until you can brew a certain potion or have enough energy for a specific spell to turn yourself young again
    -Excessive cackling

And so forth, a variety of negative side-effects to becoming a magic user, the cost of it, so to speak.

yeah except id hold you on that cackling one vampire hissing is really annoying already because vampires keep hissing and not doing things
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

If only they added even one of these items (except i just realized THERE IS THOSE CRYSTAL THINGS)

I want all of this back, updated and better. Love the coasters. Need the coasters. Want the coasters. My sims need fun things to do like these and putt putt.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I want all of this back, updated and better. Love the coasters. Need the coasters. Want the coasters. My sims need fun things to do like these and putt putt.

visually speaking I am biggest fan of green cart and dragon cart it looks so cool and I don't see what magical theme it would not fit even if they didn't go for full on makin' magic vibe (though you'd probably need dragons to sell in it :joy:)

also think we do have that tree somewhat in forgotten hollow so in a way skip that

and obv crystals already exist
    tho they could add things witches could do with them which actually now that i think of it is quite likely
    seeing that aliens have some control over collectibles as well

if they did want to do world in makin' magic vibe tho id like to see full blown out circus world with wonky builds and big creepy clown heads and..is that too scary for teens tho idk

Post edited by Simmingal on
  • Options
    MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    Other (comment)
    Monday wrote: Β»

-Excessive cackling

yeah except id hold you on that cackling one vampire hissing is really annoying already because vampires keep hissing and not doing things

This is fair.

Hissing vs. Cackling 2019

...I'd use it, though. I know I would.
    a63ftuN.png
  • Options
    AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited June 2019
    Fantasy (fairies,dragons...)
    Definitely not a rehash of the Good/Bad Witch dynamic. Please, no. Far too limited for my tastes, but they should certainly keep the dueling, I loved having 'teacher and apprentice' type of duels. If there were Dragons, I'd prefer the ones from MM, Dragon Valley was a half-plum effort, sorry, the premise was good but the execution was rather disappointing. Not counting the steps one has to take in order to run the darn pack. Arguably, the world was the best thing to come out of Dragon Valley, it looked and felt more authentic than Windenburg.

So, perhaps something similar to 3 and MM but with less time it took to make potions, etc. and multi-tasking. If they ever add Elves or Hobbit-like creatures, though? I will be no good to anyone. I'll be the Hobbit creating a Hobbit. That's some Red pill/Blue pill decision making right there.
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    Okay guys i looked into old surveys thread-> https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949452/old-surveys-released-packs/p1

and I found some interesting concepts that could relate to new pack
    (yes I saw two of these here before but i just thought I'd fish all magic ones out on same post)

University of Magic:
    Re join your fellow wizards in a school specializing in curses, potions and dragonologie. Do you have the skills and dedication necessary to achieve the rank of supreme master dragon, or forsake you and you dΓ©munira does one of your powers forever?

Magician:
    Put on your clothes wizard and enter your wand, there’s magic in the air! Fly with dragons, trolls conjure the battle, and are fabricating wonderful artifacts to help your friends and terrorize your enemies.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/simsvip/15303065017

^ this one probably not that much but since its labeled supernatural

1OInbye.png
    x26X2j0.png
    bFj5jBh.png

• Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Good witch/bad witch (similiar to ts2)
    I say sims 2 just because of the level of detail that went into witches, but I don't want them exactly like sims 2.

The need to be genetic obviously. And all of the nice improvements sims 3 offered like no reagents needed for spells, just potions etc. But the good/evil should be up to us, a talent tree similar to vampires.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    edited June 2019
    so if any of these are going to be it... time to ask modders if we can have makin' magic i suppose
    though both earlier concepts said dragons so we have tiny piece of hope maybe...
    though i am bit confused because that writing is a mess
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

The Crystals are in the base game and I use them a lot.
    I agree with some objects, disagree with others.
    I can absolutely imagine the Carts and Caravans fitting in a Realm of Magic. But with the rollercoasters and that stage, this should better be saved for a carnival GP IMO.
  • Options
    edited June 2019

I can absolutely imagine the Carts and Caravans fitting in a Realm of Magic. But with the rollercoasters and that stage, this should better be saved for a carnival GP IMO.

yeah or like circus one probably but will they ever make one tho
    but i also feel like witch pack world should be very different to hollow visually though so I wonder if they will go more fantasy direction but that'd only make sense if fairies or something is also included in some way unless they plan to give up fairies because it does not make sense to make gp for gp and fairies are pretty much in that fantasy aesthetic
    though what i found weird was the werewolf like things in vampires pack when there is no werewolfs though so ...?
  • Options
    Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member

yeah or like circus one probably but will they ever make one tho
    but i also feel like witch pack world should be very different to hollow visually though so I wonder if they will go more fantasy direction but that'd only make sense if fairies or something is also included in some way unless they plan to give up fairies because it does not make sense to make gp for gp and fairies are pretty much in that fantasy aesthetic
    though what i found weird was the werewolf like things in vampires pack when there is no werewolfs though so ...?

I agree a new world should be visually different from any previous world in the same game. However, there's a lot of visual styles other than carnival or circus that fits Witches or Magic just as well, if not better.
    A swamp, for example. They could draw inspiration from Diagon Alley or Hogwarts, or just go with a medieval fantasy theme like in Dragon Valley.
    And if you really want those costers, Sims 3 roaring hights added them with a 20's style world.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    Other (comment)
    I would like something a bit like β€œHarry Potter” as in a hidden community within our own that only other magical people can see and a magic school would be cool to.