Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Mermaids thread

I'm excited about mermaids. So I created this thread.Talk about your plans, share info,and pictures 😶

Comments

• Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    I liked them in TS3! I plan to start the new EP with a beautiful merman.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I still can’t believe we’re finally getting mermaids. It reminds me of when I was feeling excited at finally seeing the toddlers.

I loved the mermaids and other supernaturals in Sims 3, so I’m definitely going to make some mer-families (and have them visit my vamp/human families). :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    I still can’t believe we’re finally getting mermaids. It reminds me of when I was feeling excited at finally seeing the toddlers.

I loved the mermaids and other supernaturals in Sims 3, so I’m definitely going to make some met families (and have them visit my vamp/human families). :smile:

We're also getting a realm of the magic game pack in the fall. I hope for witches and fairies.
  • Options

I loved the mermaids and other supernaturals in Sims 3, so I’m definitely going to make some met families (and have them visit my vamp/human families). :smile:

We're also getting a realm of the magic game pack in the fall. I hope for witches and fairies.

Ooh, if we get witches and fairies, then I would just have werewolves missing of my favorite occults. :)

I’m so looking forward to the magic pack, too!!! :blush: Waiting for fall is going to be hard, though, so I’ll be waiting for the Island pack to keep me distracted, lol! :tongue:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I want all my merfolk to have a similar look, as if they all have the same lineage from mating with pirates. I'm thinking mostly blond, tan and fit in human form and blue hair, blue skin and tails with any scales they might give us for decor. I might try adding tribal tattoos to them so families all have a similar look. We know they will have two forms like vampires, so, as a human, I want them to be beautiful and alluring so human sims are drawn to them. As merfolk, I want them blue to blend in with the water and be harder to see unless they want you to.
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    I wonder if kids can become mermaids? I assume not since none were shown, but maybe it will function like with vampires and aliens where their powers and full supernatural features don't show up until they become teens. Hope to find out more about that soon!
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Thanks for posting! @JoAnne65 @MidnightAura loving the customization, hopefully gameplay is just as good.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Also I havent seen anyone point out random traits are back FINALLY.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I’m excited for mermaids. Curious what kind of powers they will have and what being a mermaid means in the sims 4. Do they have a secret lot? How to toddlers and kids tie in?
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    I wonder if mermaids will be recognizable in human form similar to TS3..... the mermaid sim was wearing long pants 🤔
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I’m excited for mermaids. Curious what kind of powers they will have and what being a mermaid means in the sims 4. Do they have a secret lot? How to toddlers and kids tie in?

I hope we get a few abilities.Like maybe talk to fish, or sing an enchanting song.Just a few powers
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Ooooooooooo I cannot wait! I can't wait for some amazing Mermaid cc done with the new meshes too! Like more scale face patterns, colours... More tail colours/patterns! More tops (I'm not a big fan of traditional bra types), more flowy hair! Possible skill tree! PLAYABLE AND MAKEABLE IN CAS! AND WITH A HUMAN AND MERMAID FORM OMG this is exactly what i have been wanting!!
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I’m conflicted on what I wanna do; but I mainly want to make a conservationist mermaid like the one in the trailer. But I also want to incorporate the other packs 🤔
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have never played with Mermaids. By the time Island Paradise came out in Sims 3, I was moving on to Sims 4 and didn't want to spend the money. I also heard it was pretty buggy so I never got it. So, now I am really excited for this pack. They were saying that as a Mermaid you might want to play with the Dolphins so maybe they will be able to talk to fish.

I love all the skin colors too. Maybe a Rainbowacy with Mermaids would be fun. Can't wait. I may have to preorder this pack since we just got paid. :)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    We're not hearing much about what they do. Or at least, the things they'll be able to do that regular sims can't.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    Loanet wrote: »
    We're not hearing much about what they do. Or at least, the things they'll be able to do that regular sims can't.

They probably won't tell us anything about the merfolk because they normally want us to discover things on our own. Plus, it's just the first trailer.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    "Under the sea. Under the sea! Down where it's wetter, everythings better, take it from me!"
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    "Up on the shore they work all day, out in the sun they slave away..."

Hopefully we'll finally get some more swimming costumes because honestly the choice right now is PATHETIC.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    rinre33 wrote: »
    I wonder if kids can become mermaids? I assume not since none were shown, but maybe it will function like with vampires and aliens where their powers and full supernatural features don't show up until they become teens. Hope to find out more about that soon!

If we don't have teensy tiny tails on babies and toddlers and kids, IMMA THROW MAH COMPUTER OFF THE ROOF. Oh, and a special bassinet, decorated with seashells and stuff. That would be so cute!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options

If we don't have teensy tiny tails on babies and toddlers and kids, IMMA THROW MAH COMPUTER OFF THE ROOF. Oh, and a special bassinet, decorated with seashells and stuff. That would be so cute!

How about just one big clam shell bassinet?
  • Options
    An aquatic or beach-themed bassinet sounds absolutely adorable! :smiley:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

How about just one big clam shell bassinet?

But that would make me worried that the clam would eat the babies...
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    aliens, vampires, mermaids! oh my!

I already have a vampire/alien couple, human/vampire couple, human/alien couple, and a ghost/human couple. But a vampire+mermaid or vampire+alien sounds hot.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    I am so excited seeing their unique plumbob and what the mermaid toddlers would look like