Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bry's Creations - Peggy's Place 1/5/18

BryonyRaeBryonyRae Posts: 5,181 Member
edited April 2018 in The Sims 4 Lots
logosmall_zpse92528a8.jpg

Welcome to my little corner on the TS4 Lots forum! I started my building career in The Sims 3 (you can see my TS3 builds on my blog), and while I was not prolific, I always tried to come up with something interesting and unique. I enjoy both architecture and interior design and feel like it's the combination of excellence in the two that really makes a build worthwhile. I like to play with light and shadow, reflections, and proportions, and I especially love to find unusual uses for game objects. I am committed to being 100% CC free, and I fully playtest each build.

I welcome your feedback, and especially any constructive criticism, as I am constantly trying to learn and improve.

Completed Projects

Peggy's Place

ext11_zpsv0p3io3m.jpg
A lighthouse inspired, pet friendly beach home with 1 bedroom, 1 bath, located on a 30x20 lot with a cost of $171,524. Information/images here. Download here.

A-Maze-ing Estate

extcornerrightday_zps4egxvpzb.jpg
Inventive modern maze themed residence featuring 6 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms, located on a 30x30 lot with a cost of $664,524. Information/images here. Download here.

Open City Living

extfront_zpscirohfyo.jpg
Modern open concept home with 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, located on a 20x15 lot with a cost of $182,160. Information/images here. Download here.

Matchmaker

front_zpsk8ibrx83.jpg
A playful take on a modern starter with 1 bed, 1 bath, located on a 20x15 lot with a cost of $19,028. Information/images here. Download here.

Poppers

front_zpsicmqmnaq.jpg
Geometry-as-art modern with 1 bed, 1 bath, located on a 20x15 lot with a cost of $18,536. Information/images here. Download here.

PeKing Star

front1_zpsqev4oavc.jpg
Extremely detailed upscale Chinese restaurant located on a 40x30 lot with a cost of $245,295. Information/images here. Download here.

Purple Rain

ext1_zpsxkhb48j5.jpg
Dedicated to the memory of Prince, a modern residence with 1 bedroom, 2 baths, located on a 20x20 lot with a cost of $186,957. Information/images here. Download here.

Heartbreak Hotel

extfront1_zpsekbyxhzw.jpg
My own special take on Valentine's Day, a duplex situated on a 20x20 lot; each unit includes 1 bedroom, 2 baths. The duplex is located on a 20x20 lot with a cost of $162,432. Information/images here. Download here.

Stilted

extfronteve1_zpsrpymhqjf.jpg
A step up from a starter, modern desert home with 1 bed, 1 bath, located on a 20x15 lot with a cost of $40,321. Information/images here. Download here.

Vivid Dance Club

frontext5_zpsazq6ptog.jpg
A neon dance club with some very unique design elements, located on a 40x30 lot with a cost of $254,779. Information/images here. Download here.

Ra's Tower

extfronteve01_zpsy0fs9bhc.jpg
One of a series of builds where I experimented with using enlarged objects as parts of a build's structure, this modern desert home features 1 bed, 1 bath and is located on a 20x15 lot with a cost of $93,613. Information/images here. Download here.

Chīsana Hōseki

extdayfront1_zpsiys3fmq0.jpg
Challenge build, Asian style modern with 1 bed, 1 bath, located on a 30x20 lot with a cost of $31,964. Information/images here. Download here.

Clearview Luxury

extfrontday3_zpsfgtsfqtf.jpg
3rd in a series experimenting with using glass containers to create a structure with seamless glass windows and skylights (prior to the introduction of the glass dance floor). This build is the luxury edition featuring 3 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, located on a 40x30 lot with a cost of $269,279. Information/images here. Download here.

Clearview Midrange

extfrontday3_zps4zbhux96.jpg
2nd in a series experimenting with using glass containers to create a structure with seamless glass windows and skylights (prior to the introduction of the glass dance floor). This build is the midrange edition featuring 2 bedrooms, 1 bath, located on a 30x20 lot with a cost of $74,067. Information/images here. Download here.

Clearview Starter

extfrontday3_zpsxlpegmgf.jpg
1st in a series experimenting with using glass containers to create a structure with seamless glass windows and skylights (prior to the introduction of the glass dance floor). This build is the starter edition featuring 1 bed, 1 bath, located on a 20x15 lot with a cost of $18,436. Information/images here. Download here.

Tiny Blues

frontextday2_zpslpemi9i0.jpg
A micro modern cottage I created for a challenge, 1 bed, 1 bath, located on a 20x15 lot with a cost of $29,987. Information/images here. Download here.

Funky 1

frontextday_zpslabz0cbj.jpg
The first build I created after discovering that objects could be placed in and elevated from within a basement, this is a stylish modern 1 bed, 1 bath, located on a 20x15 lot with a cost of $78,742. Information/images here. Download here.

Dali's Exotic Toys & Pets

newfe2_zpsmwtrwt5j.jpg
My second basement spaces build, you could say that I really went nuts with this one! It was inspired by the works of Salvador Dali. It's a functional dual shop above ground, and a 2 bedroom 2 bath modern home below, situated on a 20x15 lot with a cost of $139,623. Information/images here. Download here.

Chokkaku

frontextnight7_zpsjjqdd3fo.jpg
This one was all about angles and personalized art work. It's a luxury Asian style modern home with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, located on a 30x20 lot with a cost of $334,464. Information/images here. Download here.

Vivid Art Gallery

frontday2_zpsvbtin7cv.jpg
My love letter to the photography added to the game (and also to business ownership). This gallery provides a large downstairs sales space with personalized art already stocked with 2 levels of decadent living above, including 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, located on a 40x30 lot with a cost of $509,871. Information/images here. Download here.

Step It Up

extfrontday1_zpss90xztcr.jpg
A challenge build utilizing recycled shipping containers with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, located on a 30x20 lot with a cost of $31,228. Information/images here. Download here.

Per-Wadjet

extfrontday1_zpsrknu3hbm.jpg
Unofficial build for the same challenge as Step It Up, where I didn't stick to a budget. It's an Egyptian inspired modern with with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, located on a 30x20 lot with a cost of $123,408. Information/images here. Download here.

Tru-Log Cabin

extfrontday1_zpsf57372a8.jpg
I wasn't happy with the log style sidings that came with Outdoor Retreat and so decided to do my own. This rustic cabin includes 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, located on a 30x20 lot with a cost of $202,956. Information/images here. Download here.

Moody Blues

frontext1_zps1fe32207.jpg
This expansive modern was my celebration of the newly added bb.moveobjects (or MOO) cheat. Suddenly, we builders were given so much more freedom, and I took full advantage of the additional creativity in this project. The residence features 3 bedrooms and 5 bathrooms, located on a 40x30 lot with a cost of $341,167. Information/images here. Download here.

Open Corners

newext_zpsil86fmyg.jpg
A boxy design, broken up with a lot of glass and angles. Unique roofing. This home offers 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, located on a 30x20 lot with a cost of $182,484. Information/images here. Download here.

Rock N Roll House

frontext1_zpsc28a737f.jpg
The build that put me on the map, so to speak. I went from a vague inspiration to give a structure a slight resemblance to a guitar to a full on literal guitar house. This extreme mansion includes 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, located on a 50x50 lot with a cost of $472,821. Information/images here. Download here.

Green's Blue Victorian

frontextday_zpsdf701337.jpg
This was a challenge build that I really enjoyed as it was quite a bit different than the moderns I usually create. It's a luxurious, classic home that features 2 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, located on a 30x20 lot with a cost of $283,128. Information/images here. Download here.

Colonial Coalescence

frontext1_zps42435086.jpg
Another challenge build that was to combine a traditional exterior with a modern interior. The home includes 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms, located on a 50x50 lot with a cost of $89,954. Information/images here. Download here.

The Acrophobic Penthouse

frontextday_zps69249b44.jpg
A challenge to build a penthouse at ground level (using ones imagination to picture it on top of a skyrise - this was long before City Living). I had a lot of fun experimenting with roofing on this one. The home includes 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, located on a 40x30 lot with a cost of $153,325. Information/images here. Download here.

The Brick Wall House

frontextday1_zps9ed19fb6.jpg
My first build for The Sims 4! This modern residence features 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, located on a 30x20 lot with a cost of $95,294. Information/images here. Download here.

Reflections Design Studio

frontextday_zps40428827.jpg
My first challenge build. The requirement was to build an architectural design studio that would be ones base of operations for future challenges. I have always had a thing for mirror builds, so I really had fun with that element in this design. The lot was created as a business prior to Get To Work, so it does not have any actual business elements included and is more just for show (categorized as a museum). No bedrooms or bathrooms. It is located on a 30x20 lot with a cost of $63,531. Information/images here. Download here.
Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
Post edited by BryonyRae on

Comments

• Options
    Reserved
    Visit my blog to see my creations: http://bryscreations.wordpress.com or search the gallery by my OriginID or #bryscreations
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Peggy's Point

ext11_zpsv0p3io3m.jpg

This little build took me much longer than I'd expected because, as usual, I got hung up on the details, and then I also wanted to wait for Cats & Dogs to come out in order to make the build pet friendly. I was especially excited to get my hands on the new shrink cheat and I certainly put it to use in the build!

In my original thread, I used to go into a lot of detail for each build that I'd post, but since I already post about each one on my blog, I'd rather just refer you to the blog, so that I don't have to essentially type the same thing twice. :D - so for all the details and several images of the exterior and interior, please click here.

Build Key Facts:
    • 1 bedroom, 1 bath
    • open living/dining/kitchen
    • game room/den on 3rd floor, could easily be converted to additional bedroom/bath
    • outdoor activities, including a pond, romantic seating with beach view, hot tub, fire pit, and my attempt at a dog house (since Cats & Dogs didn't come with any)
    • costs $171,524
    • 30x20 lot size (I used Dock Den in Windenburg)\
    • there is a game bug with the outdoor sofa I used that prevents 3 sims from sitting on it together, but it looked too good for me to switch it out for a different sofa
    • sims cannot dance to the stereo on the 3rd floor because there isn't enough floor space (the stereo works in all other aspects)

If you'd like to take a closer look at Peggy's Point in the game, please download it here. Hope you like it!
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The exterior design of Peggy’s Point is very nice! :) You have reflected the inspiration building so well! Very nice outdoors areas! The pond with the fish fountains and the flowers on the edges of it looks very pretty! Very nice firepit area! Sims will enjoy sitting near the fire keeping warm and toasting food. The reduced sized ruins look great on the edges of the area! Very nice bar nook for sims to enjoy sitting on the stools having a drink from the bar in the outdoors air. Very nice trellis covered hot tub nook! The greenery entwined columns are a nice touch there. Sims will enjoy relaxing in the hot tub. The design of your custom built dog house looks great! Very nice furnishing of the interior of the home! The Oceanic theme of furnishings of the rooms looks very nice. The layout of each level looks very nice! Very nice games and tv area on the third floor. Sims will have fun playing foosball and the llama tabletop game there and enjoy watching tv in the nook area. The fireplace sofa and armchairs sitting,area in the living room is very nice! It looks great that it is under the stairs. Sims will enjoy resting there chatting and reading a book near the fire. Very nice master bedroom! It is nice that there is a fireplace in the room. The pictures on the wall and mounted fish are very nice touches on the bedroom walls.
    It is a very nice home for Brindleton Bay! :)
  • Options
    Thanks for taking a look @rosemow! Glad you liked it. :)
  • Options
    MiliksimMiliksim Posts: 150 Member
    Dear Bryony
    Amazing additions to your work since my last visit. Have been away from simming for some time..
    Outstanding in every detail. Looking forward to experience in game.
  • Options
    Hi, @Miliksim! Thank you so much, and welcome back! :) I've been around but have been way more focused on testing bugs & glitches than building for the past few months. Real life got a little crazy too. I didn't even notice that my original creation thread was gone for months. :P I've finally got all my prior builds posted on the index for this one though, and I'm going to keep a closer eye on it!
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    I love how unique and inventive all of your builds are! Even the starters have plenty of personality. The experimental builds are incredible, but I also love your interior decorating and how homey your lighthouse-inspired build feels on the inside too.

I don't usually comment on build threads, even though I want to (I can spend hours looking through all the amazing stuff in the gallery), but I was taking a peek at your builds in-game today and had to comment!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    It is great that you have posted all your Sims 4 builds into this new showcase thread :) I am sorry though that your old build thread has disappeared :( I posted about your builds on the previous thread so I won’t post about those ones here again.
  • Options
    MiliksimMiliksim Posts: 150 Member
    Me neither, Bry! My thread disapeared too and can't be recovered.. a lot of work gone missing :'( maybe yours can?
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow and @Miliksim. No, it can't be recovered. Apparently, you need to have an idea of the date the thread was last there and/or when it disappeared, and I had no idea on either. I just found out that my Sims 3 showcase thread is gone also. :O It makes sense I suppose - I certainly hadn't posted to that one in ages. Thank goodness for independent blogs at least!
  • Options
    @LadyLobster I'm so glad you enjoy the builds, and I am honored you took the time to comment in the thread. :) I'm bad about keeping up with threads myself, even though there are many creators and works I admire, so I can relate!
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    @BryonyRae, your new showcase looks Awesome, Bry! So sorry that your original one got lost and couldn't be retrieved. :| Such a LOT of work!

I've been meaning to tell you how much I Love Peggy's Point. You did an awesome job recreating it! I am embarrassed to admit that I too tried this home a while back, but mine is nowhere near as nicely done as yours. You have so much more exterior detail and it just looks fantastic! I love all the cool outdoor areas with their special *Bry* touches. The dog house is Adorable! The interiors are so very Cool and just Perfect for a beach home! :blush:
  • Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    Wonderful and unique builds Bry. xox Folly
  • Options
    Hey @WrathofCath, thank you for stopping by! :) I'm just glad that threads like the Build Mode Feedback and Testing MOO didn't go missing too...talk about a lot of work put in! And I still wind up referencing them for various purposes - history of some of the bugs, etc. Thank you for the compliments re: Peggy's Point, but I don't believe for a second that your version wasn't impeccably done! Is yours on the Gallery? Did I miss it somehow?

Hi there @follyfoot! How have you been? :) Thank you!
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Fantastic new showcase, very sorry to hear the original disappeared after all the work you put into it. Peggy's Point is such a beautiful beach home full of wonderful detail and ingenious creativity and so lovely to be pet friendly :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you very much @masajo! I appreciate you taking a look at it. :) It was at least fun to go down memory lane as I rebuilt the thread index. It's always a combination of cringing at things you wish you'd done better but also reminding yourself of some pretty cool ideas you had. :D
  • Options
    Thanks @rosemow! It was a kick to see it. :D
  • Options
    @gmcrozier just wanted to thank you for nominating Peggy's Point for a feature! That was very kind of you, and I'm glad you like the build. :)

Too all: I do have another WIP going finally. :D
  • Options
    gmcroziergmcrozier Posts: 1,078 Member
    @BryonyRae I don't always leave comments, so I thought that actions speak louder then words. Peggy's Point is a beautiful and unique build. I feel it deserves a Maxis fav, so more Simmers can see your wonderful creations.
  • Options
    Ah, thanks @rosemow - I didn't know. :) Now the weird thing is, I could swear I originally named the build "Peggy's Point." That's how I posted about it on here and on my blog, and that was my original intended name for it. However, it's Peggy's Place in the gallery now. Maybe I had a senior moment and misnamed it in the first place... Or could Maxis have changed it for some reason?... Oh well, I went ahead and changed the thread. I guess it's Peggy's Place now. :D
  • Options
    kaspertellykaspertelly Posts: 23 Member
    @BryonyRae OMG!
  • Options
    LilRebelArtLilRebelArt Posts: 33 Member
    They are all so lovely! If only we could actually build our houses to look so awesome!
    dljhcp1.png