Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Just a Nonsense post about my true feelings about Modeling Compeitions

Comments

• Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited December 2009
    My input on modeling competitions are that they flood the danm forums. They are stupid and they need to be removed or have a "competition" section on the forums made.

-Just a nonsense post about my true feelings about modeling competitions.
  • Options
    Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited December 2009
    :hunf:never mind
  • Options
    HARRYwasHEREHARRYwasHERE Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited December 2009
    SoggySoap wrote:
    My input on modeling competitions are that they flood the danm forums. They are stupid and they need to be removed or have a "competition" section on the forums made.

I have already said this:

Well thats your opinion. In my view it's a way of being creative with the sims 3 and sharing your creativity. Which is what I enjoy about the sims 3

I also think people who say things like this are a bit selfish. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are stupid. But I do agree about a different section just for competitions.
  • Options
    BrowningBrowning Posts: 715 New Member
    edited December 2009
    I got an idea. How bout all you brilliant people with the totally unreal looking models go to the creative place!!! no one goes on it that's probbaly what your thinking brilliant idea people head here!
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/11.page
  • Options
    RandomspiritRandomspirit Posts: 1,920 Member
    edited December 2009
    SoggySoap wrote:

I got an idea. How bout all you brilliant people with the totally unreal looking models go to the creative place!!! no one goes on it that's probbaly what your thinking brilliant idea people head here!
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/forums/show/11.page

Ok, Look you're both entitiled to your opinions, and your entitled to express them... in fact i love a bit of debate here and there - but there was no need for what you BOTH just said.
    I agree that they need there own forum and that they overflood everything else - but as none of us work for EA and as EA seems to refuse to create another forum directory for them, AND that a lot of people like them: they're still going to be around whether you or anyone else likes it or not. So sorry to say - but you'll have to deal with it.

Have a good day - bye-bye now :D
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    SoggySoap wrote:

Ok, Look you're entitiled to your opinion, and your entitled to express it... in fact i love a bit of debate here and there - but there was no need for what you just said.
    I agree that they need there own forum and that they overflood everything else - but as neither of us work for EA and as EA seems to refuse to create another forum directory for them, AND that a lot of people like them: they're still going to be around whether you or anyone else likes it or not. So sorry to say - but you'll have to deal with it.

Have a good day - bye-bye now :D

Yeah I agree, You can't have everything your way. And usually I accept peoples opinions. Its just when they are rude about it then I have no sympathy for them
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah I agree, You can't have everything your way. And usually I accept peoples opinions. Its just when they are rude about it then I have no sympathy for them

Too right :D You can't expect everyone to think the same way, but there is no reason people have to be completely rude and try and ruin it for other people.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    General discussion is for the sims 3 game mostly or that's what i expect. you talk about things in the sims 3. I don't recall sims 3 having modeling competiitons in the game?
    in the creative corner i expect pics,sims,homes that simmers have made i go there and i am amazed at what they make. So you can creat a collague sorry if thats a cussword it shuldn't be if it is) on the creative corner i gave you a link so it shouldn't be that hard.
  • Options
    acid_Minxacid_Minx Posts: 868 New Member
    edited December 2009
    @ Randomspirit and HARRYwasHERE l totally agree with what you say, l did not want this to turn out has a debate, it was just something l need to speak my heart out on.
    People do have a choose and everyone has their own feeling about this topic, and none of us work for EA but maybe in the futer EA will post a section but till then weather compeition are put on this board or creative board l just think people are just going to have to live with it and this debate will be brought up over and over again

Sorry to cause a problem
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Don't be sorry you didn't do anything, There are always a few people who have to ruin some discussions. When I made a sims 2 vs sims 3 thread there were people just being plain rude towards me when all I wanted was to just hear their opinions.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Browning wrote:
    General discussion is for the sims 3 game mostly or that's what i expect. you talk about things in the sims 3. I don't recall sims 3 having modeling competiitons in the game?
    in the creative corner i expect pics,sims,homes that simmers have made i go there and i am amazed at what they make. So you can creat a collague sorry if thats a cussword it shuldn't be if it is) on the creative corner i gave you a link so it shouldn't be that hard.

Ok, hypothetically - lets say we do move over there. "We" being the people in this thread. What are you gonna do about all the other modelling competition participants, Hmmm? You may be able to convince a few people to move, but thats all it'll be. a few people.

First of all: Nothing is going to change, as we are all too bloody stubborn. So whats the point in outrightly complaining about it?

Second of all: Its a "general" discussion. General is defined as "of or pertaining to all persons or things belonging to a group or category" News Flash: We're allowed to be here. And you, nor anyone else is going to change that.

@ Randomspirit and HARRYwasHERE l totally agree with what you say, l did not want this to turn out has a debate, it was just something l need to speak my heart out on.
    People do have a choose and everyone has their own feeling about this topic, and none of us work for EA but maybe in the futer EA will post a section but till then weather compeition are put on this board or creative board l just think people are just going to have to live with it and this debate will be brought up over and over again

Sorry to cause a problem

Don't apologise acid. Its not your fault :(
    I get way too passionate about things, and it annoys the hell out of me when people can't be accepting of other people, but expect other people to be accepting of them. Its one of my ultimate pet-peeves. I'm sorry to turn this into a debate as well, expecially on your own thread :oops:

• Options
    edited December 2009
    Yeah sorry as well If i have ruined your thread :oops:
  • Options
    SoggySoapSoggySoap Posts: 405 New Member
    edited December 2009
    SoggySoap wrote:

I have already said this:

Well thats your opinion. In my view it's a way of being creative with the sims 3 and sharing your creativity. Which is what I enjoy about the sims 3

I also think people who say things like this are a bit selfish. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are stupid. But I do agree about a different section just for competitions.

Sorry if I came on as "rude" but judging by the title of your post, I would have thought that all answers regarding model competitions would be welcome.
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Sun2401 wrote:
    Hey acid minx- said I would be back and a lot has happened since I left.

First of all, I think you are very sweet, you always have nice things to say about others pics, and I am sure it is greatly appreciated, I know I do. I have only been been doing the comps for about a month now. Previosly, I just learned how to upload my pics on the forum. I only had photobucket to edit, since then I downloaded gimp and am still trying to figure it out. It takes me a long time to try and get the right shot, because I can't edit it to look the way I want. Do not knock yourself down, you work hard and your pictures are great.

I have noticed that all the judges judge differently, some I do not understand, others contradict, but remember that it is only their opinion!!! Honestly, I do it because it is something different, I am learning something new, and my game has a lot of glitches so I do not play as much.
    I personally haven't gotten any "nasty criticism"
    If I did I would take it with a grain of salt, because this is only supposed to be for fun, it's not like a Miss America pagaent

@ Sun2401 thank you for the answer l totally understand what your saying, and l should talk compeitions with a grain of salt, l guess l was or might l say is having a low moment and just needed to get this out of my head, l did not mean to annoy anyone has the subject said Just a Nonsense post about my true feelings about Modeling Compeitions, l will probley be back to my old self soon :?:
  • Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited December 2009
    Sarona wrote:
    Im not a fan of this new, supposedly amazing editing. They all look terrible with sims faces planted on a real person, blegh. I took one of my sims to an editing extreme once but totally changing the background and colour but I hated it so much. I dont think it should be about how good your "mad photoshop skillz" are, and lets face it, most of them are pretty shabby jobs.

Sarona

...Ouch. I guess I would be guilty of the editing thing. I haven't put any of my sims on real bodies yet, but I was thinking of trying it on my own to see how it looks/works. I'll definitely remember to keep it to myself if I do, though... :?

Acid, you shouldn't feel bad about anything -- you haven't done anything wrong, and don't you dare feel stupid! cheeky-smiley-006.gif

People are just going to have different opinions, and that's it. I wouldn't try to force anyone to like the competitions or like the editing. I do the editing first and foremost for myself, and if people enjoy it I'm proud and humbled because it's a fun hobby. If people don't like it (and plenty of them don't), then that's fine too. I work very hard on those pics, and yeah, having someone say it's shabby would sting, but everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion. For me, it's just another avenue to explore, another way to push the boundaries of the game. Some people think that sim machinimas are stupid, but I enjoy many of them. To each his own.

SoggySoap, your opinion IS welcome, but people just get passionate and sensitive about things that they enjoy. I'm sure you're that way about something -- sports, MMA, some other video game, cars, piano -- something that you take a little personally if people bash or even just disagree with. Some people can be REALLY harsh about the modeling competitions and editing thing, and it makes some of us a little sensitive about it.

Harry, I'm sorry you got such negative feedback in your TS2 vs TS3 thread (I never saw it). We used to have heated debates like that on the TS2 site about how realistic the game could or should be. It was INSANE (and funny)... :shock:
    vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I agree with what your saying cele and everyone should have their own opinion but, there can be a difference between having an opinion and just being rude. I have been called an idiot in the past on this forum for having an opinion that others don't agree with. And I don't think that is fair.
  • Options
    estrellalinestrellalin Posts: 533
    edited December 2009
    Hi Acid, I just wanted to tell you that I feel exactly the same way as you. I just started entering modeling comps here on the threads, and at first I was so nervious to enter because I say a lot of talented pictures that were super editied like pros. Then I started entering and actually am having fun doing them. I have had the same thing happen where I feel like I worked very hard on the pic and I thought it looked so great, and then judges would give me a poor score. I felt really bad, but then I thought to myself this is just for fun, and there are tons of new modeling comps taking entries every week, so I tried to not feel so bad about the results, and just try and have fun with the competitions. Your photos are great! I have no idea why you are being so down on yourself, because when I look at your photos I think they are very creative and well done. Well hope you feel better about all this soon...
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    This is also why I didn't like being a judge. Mostly because I hated giving people low marks because I know they tried hard. And someone in the end has to leave
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    This is also why I didn't like being a judge. Mostly because I hated giving people low marks because I know they tried hard. And someone in the end has to leave

I had problems with this in my own competition, and used to dread the impending elimination. It was horrible to "send someone home" as it were, after they'd spend the time and effort creating and setting up their photos :(
  • Options
    Sun2401Sun2401 Posts: 4,992 Member
    edited December 2009
    Acid- do not apologize for venting, it is a good thing. That is what this post is about, not about knocking down modeling comps. Some people misunderstood it and posted incorrectly.

• Options
    edited December 2009
    @ CeleSeraphym, Randomspirit, SoggySoap you all seem lovley people and everyone has their own mind and feel strong about this topic but till EA dose something or advices us their is not much we can do

@ Sun2401 you have hit the nail on the head, l was not knocking modeling comeitions down, hell l love them l was just speaking about something that was eating away inside of me and l needed to let it out
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    I agree with what your saying cele and everyone should have their own opinion but, there can be a difference between having an opinion and just being rude. I have been called an idiot in the past on this forum for having an opinion that others don't agree with. And I don't think that is fair.

Your right Harry, its not fair. I hate it when people do that. They expect everyone else to accept their views, but they wont accept anyone elses? Nope, I wont stand for it.

I'm sorry to all you guys for getting a bit too into the fight, but its somethings that really grinds my gears. I wont apologise for what i said (sorry for being a right stubborn mule, Lol) but i do apologise for turning the thread a bit angsty, and seriously off-topic :oops:

• Options
    CeleSeraphymCeleSeraphym Posts: 2,316 Member
    edited December 2009
    @Harry, you're right about the difference between having opinions and being a rude jerk -- on the TS2 site I got to the point where I couldn't even look at CC bashing or realism bashing threads because there were just too many cruel insults being thrown back & forth. It was just silly.

I just had my very first turn at judging with the 'Make Me a Model' competition, and I knew it would be difficult, but I wasn't prepared for how bad I would feel giving people low scores. I almost emailed the creator to give her a different set of scores with much higher marks because I felt so guilty, but I knew that I had been as fair and unbiased as I possibly could. Giving higher scores to a picture that honestly needed some work (NOT only editing) wasn't fair to the people who had incredible shots (again, not just with editing) and obviously worked hard on all of the elements that make a picture great.

Random, you and I are VERY much alike in that respect -- I can get so hot & bothered about things like that! :twisted:

vLDcu1q.png
    "If you don't talk to your cat about catnip... who will?"

"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes."
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    Random, you and I are VERY much alike in that respect -- I can get so hot & bothered about things like that!

Oh it just... Grrr! Haha :D Some people are really close-minded and can't see anything thats not right, smack-bang infront of their faces! Look around people - Omg, there are other people in the world? Who knew!

Sorry, again :oops: I've seriously gone off on a tangent now, and unfortunately wont stop for a while, Lol. Stupid Random :D
  • Options
    edited December 2009
    so i can not vent?
    i mistook the message as well i'm really sorry but this is enraging me i posted along time ago that i was mad at competitioons modeling things
    and i got like 50 replies from pppl who love it boy were they rude all i said was that the modeling is a disappointment to ssee when ineed advice for my game and their starting to clogup the forum
    i saw so many ****** like this it's not a real cussword so don't report me.
    anyways bye